What's new

US announces diplomatic boycott of Beijing Winter Olympics

F-22Raptor

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United States
The US has announced a diplomatic boycott of the 2022 Winter Olympics in China - a move that has been heavily criticised by Beijing.
The White House said no official delegation would be sent to the Games because of concerns about China's human rights record.
But it said US athletes could attend and would have the government's full support.
China called Washington's move a "self-directed political farce".

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-59556613.amp

Good

Meanwhile USA would sell more latest weapons to supa puwa 2020 aka India because of its shining human rights record. Like this one:

China should revenge from US by taking ladakh from its illegal child india

What a pathetic cheap move. Doesn't do anything to china and makes the US looks cheap. Sports events should not be used for politics. Human rights is a dumb and funny excuse since the most foreign wars and ppl killed in past decades been by US.

Diplomats role is to provide assistance to US citizens and athletes when they get into trouble.
If there are no US diplomats so no help to US citizens or athletes.

Does that make sense ? Go figure. :disagree:

great move

isolation, military posture and sanctions

hit them hard

great move

isolation, military posture and sanctions

hit them hard

Yes hit them hard in their rear end ! :lol:

Trade between China and the US remained robust during the first 11 months of the year, hitting $682.32 billion, a year-on-year increase of 30.2 percent, Chinese customs data showed on Tuesday, even as bilateral ties continue on a downward spiral due to the US' constant aggression toward China.

It's more like some "Diplomatic Tantrum" at world stage. I am sure at this very moment, ALL US diplotmats around the world are working overtime trying to coerce other countries not to attend. USA may "sanction" those who don't follow the "rule based international order" it sets for the rest of world.

It reveals more of the weakness than the strength. Sad, the world solo superpower has to come to this. "If I can't win over the girl, I am going to mess your wedding"!

Back
Top Bottom