US and India are 'natural allies': PM Modi to TIME magazine

INDIAPOSITIVE

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Thursday, 7 May 2015 - 9:50pm IST | Place: New Delhi | Agency: ANI

Prime Minister Narendra Modi has hailed the relationship between India and the United States, stating that the two countries are 'natural allies'.
  • 334495-obama-modi.jpg
Prime MinisterNarendra Modihas hailed the relationship betweenIndiaand the United States, stating that the two countries are 'natural allies'.

"If I have to describe the India-US relationship in a single word, I will say we are natural allies. I think the relationship between India and US, and the two countries in themselves, have played an enormously important role and continue to play an important role in strengthening democratic values all over the world," Time Magazine quoted the Prime Minister as saying.

"What should the India-US relationship be... I think that is a rather limited point of view to take. I think the way we should look at it is what India and the US can together do for the world. That is the perspective in which we approach our relationship with the United States," he added.

The Prime Minister also thanked US President Barack Obama after the latter wrote a 'thoughtful and generous' article praising him.

US and India are 'natural allies': PM Modi to TIME magazine | Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis

Thursday, 7 May 2015 - 9:50pm IST | Place: New Delhi | Agency: ANI

Prime Minister Narendra Modi has hailed the relationship between India and the United States, stating that the two countries are 'natural allies'.
Prime MinisterNarendra Modihas hailed the relationship betweenIndiaand the United States, stating that the two countries are 'natural allies'.

"If I have to describe the India-US relationship in a single word, I will say we are natural allies. I think the relationship between India and US, and the two countries in themselves, have played an enormously important role and continue to play an important role in strengthening democratic values all over the world," Time Magazine quoted the Prime Minister as saying.

"What should the India-US relationship be... I think that is a rather limited point of view to take. I think the way we should look at it is what India and the US can together do for the world. That is the perspective in which we approach our relationship with the United States," he added.

The Prime Minister also thanked US President Barack Obama after the latter wrote a 'thoughtful and generous' article praising him.

US and India are 'natural allies': PM Modi to TIME magazine | Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis

I am for friendship between India and USA. But I get confused by terms like natural allies.
I see India and USA co-operating on a wide range of issues.

Good for India and the US. Thank God Pakistan is done being a natural ally of the US. No more allies, just plain interests.

Bullshyt. Us is nobodies allay. They can't be trusted.

Leave them and keep other options alive.

Times hace changed and you guys are stuck in communist mindsets. Get over it. Embrace the new relationship.,,, If you can kiss Arab's lower behinds nowadays and forgive/forget the past, then you can do the same now.

LMAO The headline says it all beta. Obama proposes... Ever seen Obama propose anything to Pakistan? Where do you think this sudden love for Pakistan is coming from?

So America banned Modi from visiting for 10 years while lecturing him on "human rights" concerns for Gujarat...

Now Modi turns around and say US-India are natural allies?

Well, I guess what they did seems to have worked. :P

Goes to show how unreliable world politics is nowadays. Yesterday's enemy can become today's friend. I say it's a good thing though. The Americans can pretend to be the best friend of India. This will at least keep Pakistan to a safe distance as far a relations with the US are concerned.

LMAO The headline says it all beta. Obama proposes... Ever seen Obama propose anything to Pakistan? Where do you think this sudden love for Pakistan is coming from?

Goes to show how unreliable world politics is nowadays. Yesterday's enemy can become today's friend. I say it's a good thing though. The Americans can pretend to be the best friend of India. This will at least keep Pakistan to a safe distance as far a relations with the US are concerned.

you make it sound like Pakistani elite likes it this way
it is more like a resignation to events beyond your control

you make it sound like Pakistani elite likes it this way
it is more like a resignation to events beyond your control

LMAO You keep thinking that Indian. We know what our strengths are. There is a reason why Uncle Sam cannot let go Pakistan despite all the wildest of accusations and what not. Not even you can ever explain this fact. Obama proposes sums it up... Obama has to propose to make amends.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom