What's new

US Ambassador to India Nancy Powell resigns

I support some of the things we did, like withdrawing facilities they were not offering. Like passes at Airport etc. However to stop a guard who helps crossing kids to attend the school is insanity. (Please answer this point.)

Source ,... i never even heard that

Devyani was specifically targeted for some reason , because this happens through out the Indian diplomatic service through out all nations and am talking out of personally meeting people...

The issue is not about Devyani's personal life, issue is she did something which angered the Americans , it was known she was extremely pro India in her Affairs ...

Source ,... i never even heard that

Devyani was specifically targeted for some reason , because this happens through out the Indian diplomatic service through out all nations and am talking out of personally meeting people...

The issue is not about Devyani's personal life, issue is she did something which angered the Americans , it was known she was extremely pro India in her Affairs ...
It was published in many newspapers, google it.

Point 1 is important if you are working as IFS where half of your family is more loyal to US citizen. her kids have US and Indian passport which was an issue.

If half her family was more loyal to the US then she would not have been targeted by the US govt. She would have been offered a job as a double agent.

-- She lied in Adarsh

LOL......what did she lie about ?

-- She applied for 2 passports for kids which is illegal

In which parallel universe is it "illegal" to apply for 2 passports ?

-- She Married to US citizen which makes her job in direct conflict of interest. (It matters in IFS job, you cannot have your IFS marrying to a Pakistani in Pakistan right, they will lose the job)

LOL.....there was a man called K.R. Narayanan who married a Burmese citizen ..........all this while he was in the IFS. Best of my knowledge he did not loose his job and ended up as President of India.

I think I am heading a @VCheng route soon. Unfortunately stupid nationalism is not correct. Some people have ego, how dare you did this and that and totally forgetting she does not have good character.

:lol: .....are you seriously issuing "Character certificate" to Dr. Devyani ? ............If stupid nationalism is not correct, how about just plain STUPIDITY ? :cheesy: ........... Moral policing by our very own.

I support some of the things we did, like withdrawing facilities they were not offering. Like passes at Airport etc. However to stop a guard who helps crossing kids to attend the school is insanity. (Please answer this point.)

Which guard would this be ?

I think this has WAY more to do with Modi in all honesty. And no, I'm not one of those Modi fanboys who finds a way to relate everything back to "the great one" :P.

Reading this article:

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/4099/25sn0v4.jpg

It seems like the US administration is "cleaning house" and putting the groundwork down for a new start vis a vis Indo-US relations. Apparently Powell was far too Anti-Modi and pro-UPA and if the USG is expecting a BJP govt led by Modi then having such an ambassador to India would only be starting on the back foot from day one.

The US looks like it is going to use the time after the new GoI comes in as a "reset button" and a chance to bring closer Indo-US ties.

Pragmatic move on the US' part I'd say...

I think it is too late for US.Whatever they do for the goodwill .IF Narendra Modi manages to become the Prime Minister of India,
he will not forget what US do against him.US dont know Modi track record.He will not forget and also will not forgive.
If BJP form next government they can understand it.

I think it is too late for US.Whatever they do for the goodwill .IF Narendra Modi manages to become the Prime Minister of India,
he will not forget what US do against him.US dont know Modi track record.He will not forget and also will not forgive.
If BJP form next government they can understand it.

Yeah I'm sure US is really worried about what India is going to do! If Modi is any wise than most Indians on here, he would worry more about Indian soldiers being decapitated on border than trying to teach US a lesson:cheesy:

Yeah I'm sure US is really worried about what India is going to do! If Modi is any wise than most Indians on here, he would worry more about Indian soldiers being decapitated on border than trying to teach US a lesson:cheesy:

Scaling down of any political cooperation with India will not help US.They also know that.
US is world famous in opportunistic policy and mass murdering.When all these Congressmen insulted him ,they cant see in future things will twisted.Us may get a real tough trade in India from next year.
India's huge market is that much promising ,US simply cant avoid that.And Modi may use this as an opportunity
.For Pakistan ,you can see another level of treatment from Indian intellligence agencies in next BJP government.

Scaling down of any political cooperation with India will not help US.They also know that.
US is world famous in opportunistic policy and mass murdering.When all these Congressmen insulted him ,they cant see in future things will twisted.Us may get a real tough trade in India from next year.
India's huge market is that much promising ,US simply cant avoid that.And Modi may use this as an opportunity
.For Pakistan ,you can see another level of treatment from Indian intellligence agencies in next BJP government.

Remind me who was in power in the center when the IC 814 highjacking and attack on parliament happened? Was that not BJP? Or do you believe SuperModi is going to avenge those incidents too?

Putin is already schooling USA for its bad behavior, so Modi does not need to bother so much really. Notice the lack of rape reports in the Western media after the current Indian ambassador warned US against propaganda and threw its weight behind Russia on Crimea.

Remind me who was in power in the center when the IC 814 highjacking and attack on parliament happened? Was that not BJP? Or do you believe SuperModi is going to avenge those incidents too?

Here is something for you to chew on ................... :lol:

NYPD cop held at IGI airport as revenge for Devyani Khobragade spat? - The Times of India

"WASHINGTON: Manny Encarnacion's friends think India is getting its own back for the Khobragade Nannygate spat. "You guys like to strip-search our diplomats," an Indian security official reportedly told the NYPD cop at New Delhi's Indira Gandhi International Airport as he arrested him on March 10 for "inadvertently" traveling there with three bullets in his checked luggage.

Nearly four weeks later, NYPD is still trying to bring back its 49-year old officer, who was visiting India to meet his Iranian wife Vida because they found it easier to rendezvous there. It has written a letter to Indian officials explaining his "innocent mistake."

According to the NYPD version, Encarnacion was taking a required firearms recertification at a shooting range two days before he was to leave for India. At the end of the session, he tucked three spare rounds into his jacket pocket, and forgot about them. The bullets were still in the pocket when he packed his jacket in his suitcase to travel to India.

"He knows he didn't do anything wrong," said Raul Borbon, a friend of the officer was quoted as saying in the New York Post, which first reported the story. "It's an innocent mistake."

Regardless of whether New Delhi agrees with this, the NYPD cop is having to go through the legal grind in India, leading the Post, if not his friends, to believe he is being targeted to avenge the Khobragade episode in which the Indian diplomat was run out of New York in what New Delhi said was an overblown case.

The State Department said it was aware of the incident, but declined to go into details because of what spokesperson Marief Harf said were "privacy considerations."

Asked if it was seen as retribution from New Delhi for the Khobragade episode, Harf said the US wanted to "get past some of the tensions that have been there over the past several months and move on."

"I just can't speak to this specific case... I think we feel like we've moved past this and hope the Indians have as well," she added.

Delhi Police commissioner B S Bassi did not reply to the text messages. The deputy commissioner (IGI airport), Irshad Haidar, confirmed the arrest but added that he did not have any detail. Officials, however, denied that this arrest had any connection with the diplomat case.

It was during the transit security check that the bullets were found in his luggage, said sources. The cop could not allegedly give a satisfactory answer. "An FIR (number 82) under Section 25 of Arms Act has been registered. He has been granted bail," said a source. :D

But New York's tabloid leader went to town with the story. "NYPD cop held in India as 'Nannygate' revenge," read the headline in NY Post, above a photo of Encarnacion in front of the Taj Mahal, with an inset picture of Devyani Khobragade.

The paper said Encarnacion has charged with violating the country's Arms Act of 1959 — and is facing up to seven years in an Indian prison for what it described as a "trumped up charge." :cheesy:

Although he has hired a local lawyer to represent him, he is forbidden from leaving the country until his case plays out in court. "He was supposed to be going for 2¹/2 weeks, but it's turning into five weeks, if he comes back on April 19," his next court date in India, his friend Borbon said, adding that the NYPD cop of ten years wasn't really sweating it out because he was getting to spend additional time with his wife.

He could end up doing plenty more time: The NYPD has told him if he gets convicted of a felony, he'll lose his job."

Certainly.IC 814 is a delicate situation .Our media and victims relatives and this congress idiots are in favour for releasing that terrorists .No government can apply a hard stance when people take a stand like that.
And remember about the folly of IK Gujral when he was the PM in 1997.For the sake of so called "peace".He destroy and dismantled all the intelligence assets in Pakistan and other neighbouring countries.
After so much of noise (only for politics).In 1999 when Vajpayee NDA govt came their is no intelligence assets at all.And so we got 1999 Kargil War and hijacking and other terrorists attack.The value of so called peace effort of IK Gujral
. And from 1999 to 2008 we saw a series of terrorists attack.After 2008 Mumbai attack this UPA govt wakenend and implement security measures .
Modi effective use of intelligence can see in Gujarat .Where he can track virtually every suspects.
And if he can able to grab PM post.RAW will utilised by its maximum efficiency.

Back
Top Bottom