What's new

US aircraft carrier group deployed for ‘routine patrols’ in S. China Sea

LOL ... the best way for U.S is to put India or Vietnam to war with China first, American stay behind it, such way like U.S support Ukraine conflict with Russia. So here the funny thing is, the neighbor wanna war between U.S & China, but U.S willing war between neighbor & China and U.S give their "PROMISE" on mouth, both hope to use each other to against China, both hope to watch outside ~! 隔岸观火 For neighbors, U.S and China they'd better go down together ~ :lol:
How can Vietnam be drawn in as chess piece in a US-China confrontation as you suggest? You think too primitive.

Vietnam interest is to defend her internationally recognized sovereignty. In this context it is basically the Eez waters and her islands she occupies. There are Chinese occupied islands in the Paracels and Spratlys but she will not start a war to retake them.

You in contrast claim the entire sea body as your territory including all islands. That is not only illegal but a constant provocation for all nations in the world.

If the US wants to enforce the rule that the South China Sea is international water and belongs to nobody then it is something everyone can applaud.

It is not up to you to decide who can sail thru the water. If you want war, then it is your decision.

Whatever, "expert", hehe!
Whatever ? That is a 12-yr old teenage girl response. Are you a little girl ?

If you tell a hog farmer that just because you eat pork once a week, it means you know what hog farming is like, the hog farmer is likely to chop you up and feed you to his hogs.

This is a military oriented forum. As such, you should have respect for those who showed you clear evidences of experience from their postings.

Whatever ? That is a 12-yr old teenage girl response. Are you a little girl ?

If you tell a hog farmer that just because you eat pork once a week, it means you know what hog farming is like, the hog farmer is likely to chop you up and feed you to his hogs.

This is a military oriented forum. As such, you should have respect for those who showed you clear evidences of experience from their postings.
I was a little boy:-), "没吃过猪肉,还没见过猪跑?"

I even have no experience that touching real gun, damn, so what? no need you tell me how to pull the trigger like you are expert. Military oriented forum? so what, there are too much hollow sh!t, evidence? what's that, so from a normal soldier just follow the order but here telling how to conduct a war to protect the island? what a big joke.

If want to discuss, don't pretend to expert, ok, you are not qualified.

look buddy.

It take 2 (at least 2, can be more) parties to start a war, if US willing to start a war, China not willing to fight, a war cannot happen, and if China want to start a war and US not willing to fight, a war cannot happen too. So it's not always about the US.

The problem is, your countrymen here is quite single minded and thinking of this, that and what if, in war, there are no what if, you didn't start a war, but as a soldier, sailor, marine, airman, it is your job to fight a war. it does not matter how hard it was, it does not matter how stupid the war can be, you are told to do something, and that something is killing, a hope that you kill your enemy before they kill you, be it American, Chinese, Briton or Martian.

To ask people like me "Would US dare to do this or that" is pointless, I don't make the policy, but once the policy was made, then soldier, airman, sailor and marine will be there to fight, and that thing is certain.

Same goes to you, I cannot ask you whether or not China have the view to fight the American, the only question is, would you want to be in the front line when China did fight the American?

That's why I said what I said. If you can get it, that's good, if not, well........
Look, we all know Washington's interest is the Global Power & Global Police ... but when U.S sent Navy A.C Group patrolling in SCS, where the sea is far far away from U.S but closer to China, the trigger of war indeed is in American hands not Chinese. If American think it's okay sending A.C Group around China, why Russian can't send missiles to Cuba which a neighbor country to U.S ? We know both r offensive weapon ! China attack U.S ? NO, Chinese just building on uninhabited reefs, but those offensive weapon from U.S patrolling in SCS now threat China.

One thing don't confuse in there, now not China sending weapons to California or Hawaii surrounding waters, it's U.S Navy A.C Group in SCS. About China building artificial islands in SCS, it's just like Diego Garcia in India Ocean/ Guam & Midway Islands in Pacific Ocean, if u(U.S) don't take these reefs/islands on sea Indian/Japanese also will take them at the door of home. Well i don't think both U.S and China will start war in SCS, both still continue their jobs(games) in the water area, after year China artificial islands will finish.

How can Vietnam be drawn in as chess piece in a US-China confrontation as you suggest? You think too primitive.

Vietnam interest is to defend her internationally recognized sovereignty. In this context it is basically the Eez waters and her islands she occupies. There are Chinese occupied islands in the Paracels and Spratlys but she will not start a war to retake them.

You in contrast claim the entire sea body as your territory including all islands. That is not only illegal but a constant provocation for all nations in the world.

If the US wants to enforce the rule that the South China Sea is international water and belongs to nobody then it is something everyone can applaud.

It is not up to you to decide who can sail thru the water. If you want war, then it is your decision.
My friend, i already said before the cost of war between U.S-Russia or U.S-China ... bigger than U.S ppl can afforded, even U.S get win at last ... the war will hurt their Global Power and risk to become nobody. The Interest of Washington is maintaining the Global Power and weaken other Regional Power, if U.S let American fight war with Russia or China, it's just repeat history like Power fight between Great Britain and Nazi Germany in WWII, finally the third power will replace them(like United State of America ... LOL !!!).

Last edited:
Look, we all know Washington's interest is the Global Power & Global Police ... but when U.S sent Navy A.C Group patrolling in SCS, where the sea is far far away from U.S but closer to China, the trigger of war indeed is in American hands not Chinese. If American think it's okay sending A.C Group around China, why Russian can't send missiles to Cuba which a neighbor country to U.S ? We know both r offensive weapon ! China attack U.S ? NO, Chinese just building on uninhabited reefs, but those offensive weapon from U.S patrolling in SCS now threat China.

One thing don't confuse in there, now not China sending weapons to California or Hawaii surrounding waters, it's U.S Navy A.C Group in SCS. About China building artificial islands in SCS, it's just like Diego Garcia in India Ocean/ Guam & Midway Islands in Pacific Ocean, if u(U.S) don't take these reefs/islands on sea Indian/Japanese also will take them at the door of home. Well i don't think both U.S and China will start war in SCS, both still continue their jobs(games) in the water area, but after year China artificial islands will finish.

Again, I am not interest in debating Foreign Policy with you. we have no say in this, we both follow what our respective government told us.

There aren't anytime the US say "No, we don't want Russian Missile on Cuba" do bear in mind, when the US escalate the whole situation, the Russian Missile were ALREADY in Cuba, it's not a matter of US like it or not, but a matter that's already done. So what did the American do? They blockade Cuba and flew past the island every now and then, and it was not a US decision to have the russian backdown, but it was an Russian decision to back down from the missile crisis.

The same will applies if China want to build an Island close to Guam, Hawaii and Coast of California.

Politically, if what you claim the Chinese is not offending the American by building these island, then why would China be threaten by US sailing a few combat ship around? It's only a threat if you want to see it a threat, but if you say this is not a threat for Chinese to build offensive/defensive weaponry, then why US carrier is seen as Offensive to Chinese? You cannot have the cake and eat it you know?

Do remember there are a few more option the Ameircan can do to mess up the situation, thing like encourage the island owner each militarize the island they own, or simply supply weapon and equipment to thsee navy and airforce to each patrol their own island, do you want to see that instead?

For whatever intents and purposes, the Americans have the right to sail their naval ships through international waters.

With that said, China needs to continue to upgrade and modernize its forces - as it have been doing, so that it can prevent misadventures by other countries with ill intents on its sovereignty rights.

I think it's entirely choreographed.

"Hey listen we are planning to pass through this area. Need to assure voters and score brownie points. Please don't shoot"

"OK but don't expect us to keep silent. We are going to strongly protest against this in public."

"OK. Thanks"

Oh and another thing, we also need to explain to our public why we didn't stop you. We need some technicalities. So stay about 100 miles away from those particular island with our military presence. We will tell the people the Americans didn't dare come close to us so we let them go."

"No problem"

"Thanks. How's mom doing?"

How do you suggest China to defend these island??

China is on the rise, but her navy is still small. Compare to US Navy, it's more or less 1/8 or 1/7 of the size of the Current Stucture USN. And if China was to spread further out and defend these island equally would most likely end in diaster for the Chinese Navy.

US on the other hand, do not need to attack all Chinese island simulatanously, they only need to do it one by one like they did in WW2. And in term of Naval Strength, Japan was at least on par or even supercede USN in the begining of the war, and yet US can capture all their Island all the way to Okinawa. So do tell me, how do you suggest Chinese Navy, which is not even half strength of the current USN. Can defend those island effctively?

Or are you one of those people thinking a few missile here and there can defeat or at least inflict Heavy Casualty to the USN without Chinese Navy even moving a finger? IF you are, then I got my answer.

Why we need to defense these islands when we can directly deal with US heartland?, we can very well applied the 擒賊擒王 stratagem, US is not beyond China's reach as Japan tried to do in WW2, Japanese couldn't do a jack to US heartland but China can nowadays, and remember this US has never been invaded or attacked, Americans wouldn't be resilience as Chinese which had faced historical wars devastation and able to stand up, do Americans can endure the suffering as Chinese?

If all the navies of the world follow suit, it can show the real picture to China. India will be sending its CBG soon..and bust the Claim of China.

No war will happen....China will loose the stupid investment made to make those artificial island.

Not really, China didn't lose a penny in these islands...it's an investment for the future, with these island, we can save long term military operating cost in SCS since we have quicker reaction and use less fuel to patrol these area and not only that, these islands can be fuel depot to refuel our navy...and the long run, we will get back all the investment that's beyond Indian comprehension.

How do you suggest China to defend these island??

China is on the rise, but her navy is still small. Compare to US Navy, it's more or less 1/8 or 1/7 of the size of the Current Stucture USN. And if China was to spread further out and defend these island equally would most likely end in diaster for the Chinese Navy.

US on the other hand, do not need to attack all Chinese island simulatanously, they only need to do it one by one like they did in WW2. And in term of Naval Strength, Japan was at least on par or even supercede USN in the begining of the war, and yet US can capture all their Island all the way to Okinawa. So do tell me, how do you suggest Chinese Navy, which is not even half strength of the current USN. Can defend those island effctively?

Or are you one of those people thinking a few missile here and there can defeat or at least inflict Heavy Casualty to the USN without Chinese Navy even moving a finger? IF you are, then I got my answer.
Don't worry how China will defense those island in SCS. They sure will defend those island with every arsenal they posses.

Those island consist of military grade airfield, that just mean those island can and will be heavily patrol by China naval fighter if need arise. Control of SCS is the must for China national security, those island allow China to confront US at the point of attack further away from mainland China, naval warfare nowhere for US navy to hide without expose their position when attack those island. They only way to preemptive air strike on those island and fully declared war against China by the US.

A more interesting thought is that how long USA can keep / sustain this war mongering posture.

America's problems are far more deep, dangerous and complex than what meets the eye. Just add an inept, incompetent and hot headed administration; which is embroiling the country into chaos and internal fighting. This is a perfect recipe for implosion and not a time to go to war.

Last edited:
I don't want US or Chinese people to suffer. I don't mean bloodbath or degrading any country's sovereignty. What will china say if India starts building such kind of islands using reef in Bay of Bengal, Indian ocean, Arabian Sea. I believe it will not go down pretty well with PLA. Hmm? Claiming international waters and building infrastructure on reefs are surely a sign of international bullying. Don't you think.

China would say absolutely nothing if India did the same. Bay of Bengal is shared between Bangladesh, Myanmar, India. What business is it of China's what India does in shared waters? Phillipines, Vietnam also built their own islands in South China Sea, nobody said anything about them either.

Why we need to defense these islands when we can directly deal with US heartland?, we can very well applied the 擒賊擒王 stratagem, US is not beyond China's reach as Japan tried to do in WW2, Japanese couldn't do a jack to US heartland but China can nowadays, and remember this US has never been invaded or attacked, Americans wouldn't be resilience as Chinese which had faced historical wars devastation and able to stand up, do Americans can endure the suffering as Chinese?

Actually, Japan have ways to (and did touch the US mainland) if they have a way to attack Hawaii, and Alaska, they have the mean and way to attack the US Mainland.

The problem is, touching and invading is two different concept. You can bomb (or touch)a country without any direct access route, it's all about mobility and ingeniunity, but to invade someone, there have to be a direct route to have troop on the ground. Even at the begining stage of WW2, US have ways to touch Japanese Homeland, even the closest base is 2000 nautical miles away in Hawaii and Australia, that's what Doolittle Raid is for. Show that US can touch Japanese Homesland, but back then did US have a way to invade Japan? No.

Hence, the question is, what can you do versus what can they do. And in a conventional scenario, China best can do is lob cruise missile over at US Mainland via sub or surface ship or uses the sole carrier to try and bomb US mainland, other than that, there are pretty much nothing Chinese can do. On the other hand, what can US do? US can not only bomb and lob missile, they can also send bomber in for strategic bombing, ambiphious assault, airborne assault, air mobility assault, and all kind of attack toward China, as US have a physical mean to reach Chinese mainland. And the American don't need to win a war in Mainland Chinese to create maximum destruction.

So if you are a Chinese leader, you will have to weight what is the pros and cons, unless China are willing to send nuclear missile over a few Chinese rock in SCS, which translate to Chinese will lose the lot just for some rocks. Or they will lose big in a war with US. Simply because Chinese mainland can be invaded by US, and US mainland cannot be invaded by China.

Again about the would American be able to suffer? Well, as a soldier my self, I did not join the MIlitary because I am patriotic (I am the least patriotic toward the US) I join because that is my job, and I want to do my job. That's why that is called Professional soldier. When you sign up, you have already prepared to be killed and suffer during hardship, that comes with the job title, I cannot say for the whole US Armed Forcees, but majority of the US Armed Force will go fight a war as told, regardless on who they were fighting, there are people sign up during cold war expecting a fight with Russia, there are people sign up expecting a fight in Veitnam, there are people sign up expecting to fight in Korea, Iraq, Afghanistan, Panama, Grenada, Somalia. Fighting is fighting, what makes China different? That is what and why these people sign up.

I cannot say, as I am not a policy maker, that would US will in anyway or form or how to attack China, but if that order is given, there will be an attack, and there will be an attack in full force.

By the way, US have been invaded twice, once by Britain in 1812 and another time by Mexico in 1860s

Don't worry how China will defense those island in SCS. They sure will defend those island with every arsenal they posses.

Those island consist of military grade airfield, that just mean those island can and will be heavily patrol by China naval fighter if need arise. Control of SCS is the must for China national security, those island allow China to confront US at the point of attack further away from mainland China, naval warfare nowhere for US navy to hide without expose their position when attack those island. They only way to preemptive air strike on those island and fully declared war against China by the US.

That is not a plan, that is a "hope" and "Wishful Thinking"

You are expecting the Airfield to to the job, with what and how? How long is the defensive perimeter for each airfield, were they mutually supported? Can these airfield receive replensihment regularly so they can keep their fighter fuelled and armed? Those are just a few but important question you failed to explain.

What you are thinking is "Hope" the higher up will be taken care of these, let that be someone else problem. The question is, Chinese Navy isn't really that big, they cannot absorb even a half strength US Navy, and when you put US aliies in the region, that would mean there are virtually no hope for China to survive a naval engagement. The Sea and Airlane would be close and air interdiction will be at full extend, when you cannot supply food, fuel and ammunition to these Island when the US Navy cut off your supply, how do you plan on defending these island?

Quoting Commandore Quinlan from the Movie Jadotville "With What? With a firm tone?"

I don't want US or Chinese people to suffer. I don't mean bloodbath or degrading any country's sovereignty. What will china say if India starts building such kind of islands using reef in Bay of Bengal, Indian ocean, Arabian Sea. I believe it will not go down pretty well with PLA. Hmm? Claiming international waters and building infrastructure on reefs are surely a sign of international bullying. Don't you think.

You know what the flaws are behind your reasoning?
  • You believe everything the Western including the Indian Media write related to China and the territorial disputes in the SCS. China claiming international waters? Yeah that's what most like to pen down on paper so clueless morons especially those from India will take the bait.
  • You need to condemn VN and PH for building infrastructure first before pointing your finger that China was the one who started it.
  • You don't like infrastructure on reefs? Again why haven't you condemn Japan on the Okinotorishima matter? You should do an image search and some research because it was finished many many years ago.
  • China has never meddled with other countries sovereignty, reef-island constructions as long it has nothing to do with Chinese territorial disputes. Did China say something about Okinotorishima?
  • Plenty outsiders (be it Indians, Westerners, certain Southern primitive primates under China, false flaggers and aliens from out of space) have voiced their criticism on the Diaoyu island dispute. But when Japanese demand the return of Kuril islands from Russia and Dokdo island from South Korea you don't see these bozo uttering even a word of criticism directing at Japanese. Yeah the hatred towards China is so strong (i don't know why) that they have become hypocrites.
  • When it comes to bullying why don't you lash out at USA for what the Yankees did to the inhabitants on Marshall islands? Those people got cancer due to the countless of nuclear testing in the Pacific. Have you labelled the US as the Great Satan yet for the destructions caused in Iraq, Syria, Libya?
It's a great humor when Indians lecture China on matters which has totally nothing to do with India itself, same applies for other nationals.

Back
Top Bottom