What's new

US agrees to grant India waiver from Iran sanctions

My friend you quote me and after some times news become fake do you even know why?

Just tell me why is USA putting sanctions on Iran if USA is going to give india waiver? There is no point in sanctioning Iranian oil the if they will give india waiver. China is not going to stop buying Iranian oil so these sanctions are only meant for India and no one else if USA gives india waiver then there is no point sanctioning Iran. In few months USA will surpass Russia as the world's biggest oil producer and they need india to buy oil from USA so India is getting no waiver. It technically don't fits the reality. India will have to become totally dependent on USA and the war between India and China has to start so that India stops importing from China and shifts to USA. Indian population is growing and it is a huge market and USA wants this market. Please understand the dynamics of situation at play and then comment but your brain is consumed in other directions so you cannot think in the right direction. The target here is India not Iran. USA will never ever fully cripple Iran because a functioning Iran is more important for USA to keep Saudis in their court. Try to see every prospect instead of just sectarian point scoring. Plz lose this habit and become a better human being.
FYI:-

https://www.wsj.com/articles/china-cuts-iran-oil-purchases-ahead-of-u-s-sanctions-1540500741

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...t-u-s-shipments-doubled-customs-idUSKCN1N64OV

Wait for US to deploy warships near Iran and see who gets the oil. You think this is a joke?

Objective is to force all countries to reduce their oil imports from Iran after November 4 and assess the situation from there. Every country will fall in the line.

Your point that US have uses for Iran - is something I agree with. Nevertheless, depends on what kind of terms US decide for Iran in the long-term.

@Indus Pakistan
@maximuswarrior

Last edited:
Why? Your taking 35% cut. That is huge. You import massive amount of oil. There was no way you could change over to another supplier without causing massive ripples in international oil markets. After all you imported 22 million tonnes of crude oil from Iran in 2017-18. Which alternate supplier could have suddenly supplied you with that vast amount and that without cause oil price spike? The Yanks are goig to wean you off Iranian oil. Next year expect more reduction. Instead of breaking the neck they are going to slowly snuff it. That of course also allows time for alternate suppliers to set up their contracts.

The average oil import from July 2017 was 1.69 MT. According to the waiver India will agree to reduce to 1.25 MT which is significant drop and this only extends to March 2019. After that further reductions will come into play. And this waiver is being extended to other major importers of Iranian oil including South Korea so it is not like India was given some especial favour. So I can't see why Gangadeshi's are masturbating about this.

On Thursday, The Economic Times reported that the administration will allow India to purchase 1.25 million tons of Iranian oil each month through March. A source told the English-language Indian newspaper that India and Washington have "broadly agreed on a waiver" and that "India will cut import by a third."

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/01/tru...-south-korea-on-iran-oil-imports-reports.html
https://energy.economictimes.indiat...-from-iran-jumped-52-percent-in-june/65119168

35% cut after Trump pulled on Mother Cow's udders ......

But look on the bright side. Even if they cut 100% at least taxis in Ganga India will keep rolling along. No oil, no fodder. Good old Gangoo slave tied at the front to do the pulling ... keeping the trillion dolla economy rollin ..........

m5xH2Go.jpg
This human pulling cart is inhuman. Can't anybody do anything against it?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/china-cuts-iran-oil-purchases-ahead-of-u-s-sanctions-1540500741

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...t-u-s-shipments-doubled-customs-idUSKCN1N64OV

Wait for US to deploy warships near Iran and see who gets the oil.

Objective is to force all countries to reduce their oil imports from Iran and assess the situation from this point. Every country will fall in the line.

@Indus Pakistan
If true then another viable way to export may be via the old-fashioned way of over lands!!!! I mean the Baloch/Kurdish/Afgan etc. folks may revert back to the old styles of trade....

Wait for US to deploy warships near Iran and see who gets the oil. You think this is a joke?

Objective is to force all countries to reduce their oil imports from Iran after November 4 and assess the situation from there. Every country will fall in the line.

Your point that US have uses for Iran - is something I agree with. Nevertheless, depends on what kind of terms US decide for Iran in the long-term.

@Indus Pakistan
@maximuswarrior

Lol USA will deploy warships near Iran? What are you smoking? USA has already most warships and most bases near Iran and yet USA is not able to do anything. Why? Because Iran is not USA objective. If Iran was USA objective they would have never pulled out of nuclear treaty. Europe has continued to honour the nuclear deal. The US sanctions are secondary level and not U.N. moved so many countries will not honour them. Only those countries who are dependent on USA and in that case China and USA are interdependent so the Iranian oil sanctions are on India to stay or there is no use of sanctioning Iranian oil. China will keep buying Iranian oil because there is no alternate oil supply and China needs to meet its energy needs and India will ditch Iranian oil. It is November and winter is here.

It is a fail because the rest won't take US sanctions against Iran seriously. It is naive to think that the world will just sit idle and wait for Uncle Sam's certificate to conduct trade and business with Iran. Iran is a lucrative market for energy and trade.

Pakistan will go ahead with the pipeline when the time is right. Uncle Sam can't do fvck about that. Especially when it is handing out waivers to handpicked stooges.
Generally agreed.

So if USA is going to give waiver to India so then why sanction Iran?
To put the economic squeeze on the Iranian govt. US has other ways to apply pressure. Also, maybe its worth the temporary benefit to US for allowing India buy some Iranian crude for some months if US feels India's help in containing China is well worth it.

China is the biggest buyer of Iranian oil and it will continue to do so because if China totally shifts from Iran who will feed the Chinese demand and it will sky rocket world oil price and global economy will be in a threat of going into recession. If India will get waiver then there is no point in sanctioning Iranian oil.

Even Chinese state oil refineries reduced oil purchases from Iran before the sanctions take place. Thats China signaling to US that CHina will respect/acknowledge the Iran sanctions US put in place, at least for now. I never said i dont understand Iranian crude has world value and is needed. I never said that. Iranian oil is just one part of the sanctions US has against Iran. Think about all of these issues in combination because they are not isolated. US and Iran have a multispectrum issue going on.

India will continue to have military base in Iran, which is indeed a special special favor.
Saudis and UAE will continue to have Jaish Ul-Adl and access to Pakistani soldiers,which is a special special favor.
At the end of the day Iran has proven to be more practical than ideological.

Yes but sanctioning Iranian oil is only possible if India is not allowed to buy because China is not going to stop as China has no alternative supply so what is the point of sanctioning Iranian oil if India is given waiver?
You keep talking about whose buying oil and who needs it. How about how does Iran recover its $$$ from oil sales?(literally). World oil market is still mostly $ dominated,so thats another difficulty for Iran. China might just hold Iran's money and say "i/ll pay you after sanctions are removed". There is a difference between selling and receiving payment.

Lol USA will deploy warships near Iran? What are you smoking? USA has already most warships and most bases near Iran and yet USA is not able to do anything. Why? Because Iran is not USA objective. If Iran was USA objective they would have never pulled out of nuclear treaty. Europe has continued to honour the nuclear deal. The US sanctions are secondary level and not U.N. moved so many countries will not honour them. Only those countries who are dependent on USA and in that case China and USA are interdependent so the Iranian oil sanctions are on India to stay or there is no use of sanctioning Iranian oil. China will keep buying Iranian oil because there is no alternate oil supply and China needs to meet its energy needs and India will ditch Iranian oil. It is November and winter is here.
I am not sure which losses you alluding to.

I am aware of the fact that these sanctions are not UN-backed but hegemonic. However, they have the weight of a superpower behind them and are having the desired effect.

Of-course, Iranian oil exports will not end overnight. However, 30 - 40% drop in exports to each country from November 4 is a significant start. Trump administration wants something from Iran, therefore, this move.

All countries - who import oil from Iran - are falling in line due to heavy pressure. All are searching for alternatives in oil production of KSA, Russia and US.

Last edited:
Generally agreed.

To put the economic squeeze on the Iranian govt. US has other ways to apply pressure. Also, maybe its worth the temporary benefit to US for allowing India buy some Iranian crude for some months if US feels India's help in containing China is well worth it.

Even Chinese state oil refineries reduced oil purchases from Iran before the sanctions take place. Thats China signaling to US that CHina will respect/acknowledge the Iran sanctions US put in place, at least for now. I never said i dont understand Iranian crude has world value and is needed. I never said that. Iranian oil is just one part of the sanctions US has against Iran. Think about all of these issues in combination because they are not isolated. US and Iran have a multispectrum issue going on.

Saudis and UAE will continue to have Jaish Ul-Adl and access to Pakistani soldiers,which is a special special favor.
At the end of the day Iran has proven to be more practical than ideological.

You keep talking about whose buying oil and who needs it. How about how does Iran recover its $$$ from oil sales?(literally). World oil market is still mostly $ dominated,so thats another difficulty for Iran. China might just hold Iran's money and say "i/ll pay you after sanctions are removed". There is a difference between selling and receiving payment.

Yes Iran needs dollars but world's need oil more than Iran needs dollar. Why do I claim so? Very simple just a simple theory of demand and supply. At the moment price of 1 barrel of oil is $74 so this means the demand of oil is 74 times higher than the supply that is how simple it is to understand who requires what.

I have one simple question why are sanctions being applied if there will be a waiver? It is not that easy bro sanctioning Iranian oil is actually targeting China but even if USA Russia and KSA together make joint effort they cannot cater the full demand which China requires. Just look at the oil price rise with the simple Indian search for few percent of oil and when they impose full sanctions then the demand is much greater than what can be produced.

Why? Your taking 35% cut. That is huge. You import massive amount of oil. There was no way you could change over to another supplier without causing massive ripples in international oil markets. After all you imported 22 million tonnes of crude oil from Iran in 2017-18. Which alternate supplier could have suddenly supplied you with that vast amount and that without cause oil price spike? The Yanks are goig to wean you off Iranian oil. Next year expect more reduction. Instead of breaking the neck they are going to slowly snuff it. That of course also allows time for alternate suppliers to set up their contracts.

The average oil import from July 2017 was 1.69 MT. According to the waiver India will agree to reduce to 1.25 MT which is significant drop and this only extends to March 2019. After that further reductions will come into play. And this waiver is being extended to other major importers of Iranian oil including South Korea so it is not like India was given some especial favour. So I can't see why Gangadeshi's are masturbating about this.

On Thursday, The Economic Times reported that the administration will allow India to purchase 1.25 million tons of Iranian oil each month through March. A source told the English-language Indian newspaper that India and Washington have "broadly agreed on a waiver" and that "India will cut import by a third."

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/01/tru...-south-korea-on-iran-oil-imports-reports.html
https://energy.economictimes.indiat...-from-iran-jumped-52-percent-in-june/65119168

35% cut after Trump pulled on Mother Cow's udders ......

But look on the bright side. Even if they cut 100% at least taxis in Ganga India will keep rolling along. No oil, no fodder. Good old Gangoo slave tied at the front to do the pulling ... keeping the trillion dolla economy rollin ..........

m5xH2Go.jpg

35% can easily be replaces by saudi oil ,but S400 can only be baught from russia and chahbahar from iran which is important at the moment.

At the moment price of 1 barrel of oil is $74 so this means the demand of oil is 74 times higher than the supply that is how simple it is to understand who requires what.
deja_q_hd_046_resized_6484.jpg

That is a big fat fail for Uncle Sam LOL

So much for fake sanctions threats. The world will show a middle finger to Trumpland and conduct business as usual with Iran.

Pakistan must ASAP continue trade and pipeline project with Iran.
you need money to do that :-)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom