What's new

urgent help regarding Police Certificate .

well i am going again tomorrow , find someone who can help in this regard .. any idea how much rishwat they might ask for that ? 2000-5000 ?

I paid 3000 as I needed it urgent, my station was the one near kati pahari.

@krash I went to Gulshan Police Station which is under my jurisdiction , as today was Sunday the Officer told me the guys didn't come , but he told me that they have a Form which they will give me which i need to fill and return it with some additional Documents and Attestation ( i believe ) ..

@American Pakistani well i talked to few people no one told me that they might come to my home or etc , as for my Wife she is not Pakistani so i don't think she needs it , either Pakistani or American Police Certificate if it exists .

They will actually go to every address that you've stayed at (IIRC for the past 10 years) and 'investigate'. You will state all these addresses on the form. This is essentially all the police certificate is about, apart from declaring that you have no previous criminal record.

BTW, I'm guessing you're applying for US immigration? And your wife is not since she already is a citizen? In that case, I'm pretty sure, you don't need her certificate. But if you are submitting her application as well then you might need her certificate, whether she is Pakistani or not, depending on a few things. For example, my friend applied for his wife's immigration. She had lived all her life in Abu Dhabi. He still needed her Pakistani police certificate since in the past 10 years she had cumulatively spent more than 6 months in Pakistan at her uncle's place (in multiple visits of around a month). So if you being a Pakistani spent 6 months in Morroco just that one time 8 years ago and are now applying for Canadian immigration then you will still need a Morrocan police certificate as well. But this was in Canada. I would highly recommend that you ask a good consultant or your immigration helpline or at least consult some immigration forums. At times a stupid and tiny mistake, which would cause no harm, can still result in unnecessary delays.

I did everything for my wife's application my self, due to an 'experience' with a consultant. I know it seems very daunting but in the end you pull it off. You just need to be very meticulous because the guys at immigration are usually very finicky. But still, don't worry too much.

Last edited:
They will actually go to every address that you've stayed at (IIRC for the past 10 years) and 'investigate'. You will state all these addresses on the form. This is essentially all the police certificate is about, apart from declaring that you have no previous criminal record.

BTW, I'm guessing you're applying for US immigration? And your wife is not since she already is a citizen? In that case, I'm pretty sure, you don't need her certificate. But if you are submitting her application as well then you might need her certificate, whether she is Pakistani or not, depending on a few things. For example, my friend applied for his wife's immigration. She had lived all her life in Abu Dhabi. He still needed her Pakistani police certificate since in the past 10 years she had cumulatively spent more than 6 months in Pakistan at her uncle's place (in multiple visits of around a month). But this was in Canada. I would highly recommend that you ask a good consultant or your immigration helpline or at least consult some immigration forums. At times a stupid and tiny mistake, which would cause no harm, can still result in unnecessary delays.

I did everything for my wife's application my self. I know it seems very daunting but in the end you pull it off. You just need to be very meticulous because the guys at immigration are usually very finicky. But still, don't worry too much.

Yeah my Wife is American born so i don't think she needs it , she is applying for my CR-1 which spouse Visa ..
What i am little confused about that most of my life i lived in one address but for a 1.5 year period we as family moved to another ( rented ) house , and later come back to our old home , I did mentioned that in my Form and explained it in the below . i wonder how Police will take it or how do i have to prove that i moved to another address for a 1.5 years ? if you understand my question ..

yeah one more thing, during our stay in that rented house, our mailing Address never changed ..

I got this police verification certificate fee days earlier in Vehari District Punjab. No need to of bribe. Only you need to go DPO office. They Will issue one form and you have to attest this from Your concerned SHO and Numbardar ( Counselor). Submit this back to DPO office and they will issue police verification certificate.

Yeah my Wife is American born so i don't think she needs it , she is applying for my CR-1 which spouse Visa ..

Yeah then she doesn't. She isn't even an applicant.

What i am little confused about that most of my life i lived in one address but for a 1.5 year period we as family moved to another ( rented ) house , and later come back to our old home , I did mentioned that in my Form and explained it in the below . i wonder how Police will take it or how do i have to prove that i moved to another address for a 1.5 years ? if you understand my question ..

Oh don't worry. You don't need to prove anything. You just need to state that address change (I think with the dates that you lived at these addresses). They won't take it anyway, people move all the time. All they will do is go to all the addresses that you stated and ask around about you. That's it. It's not very serious unless you have some criminal background. For example, they went to my wife's parents' house and asked them if she had lived there. Then they came to our house and asked my Dad if she was living there. And that was it.

yeah one more thing, during our stay in that rented house, our mailing Address never changed ..

Does not matter at all. You're thinking too much. I guarantee you that even if you skipped that address you'd still get your certificate without a problem. Or even if you added a fake address. The police certificate's job is to declare that you don't have any criminal history. It's not about confirming your previous addresses.

The one thing that you might wanna be careful about is that the Pakistani police certificate actually states the addresses that you've stayed at (the ones that you declared on that form). And if the US immigration application is anything like the Canadian application then you also have to state all the addresses that you've stayed at somewhere in your application. If so, then just make sure that all the addresses on your Pakistani police certificate match the addresses that you are declaring on your immigration application.

Yeah then she doesn't. She isn't even an applicant.

Oh don't worry. You don't need to prove anything. You just need to state that address change (I think with the dates that you lived at these addresses). They won't take it anyway, people move all the time. All they will do is go to all the addresses that you stated and ask around about you. That's it. It's not very serious unless you have some criminal background. For example, they went to my wife's parents' house and asked them if she had lived there. Then they came to our house and asked my Dad if she was living there. And that was it.

Does not matter at all. You're thinking too much. I guarantee you that even if you skipped that address you'd still get your certificate without a problem. Or even if you added a fake address. The police certificate's job is to declare that you don't have any criminal history. It's not about confirming your previous addresses.

The one thing that you might wanna be careful about is that the Pakistani police certificate actually states the addresses that you've stayed at (the ones that you declared on that form). And if the US immigration application is anything like the Canadian application then you also have to state all the addresses that you've stayed at somewhere in your application. If so, then just make sure that all the addresses on your Pakistani police certificate match the addresses that you are declaring on your immigration application.

Thanks bro ..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom