Country
Pakistan
Magazine 2022

1665157142094.png

1665157181869.png

1665157200837.png

1665157218473.png

1665157237984.png

I was allowed to read only the jokes section. For us kids we had nonehaal and taleem o tarbiat.

I was allowed to read only the jokes section. For us kids we had nonehaal and taleem o tarbiat.
I never liked non e haal, I liked taleem o tarbiyat more

Remember the character with red Turkish hat?- I loved reading that

My khaloo was an alim e Deen and he taught the guy who used to write that character - for my birthday he invited him for dinner cause I liked the character so much

But as I grew up I got more into digests like suspense, surguzisht

@jamahir dekh kar pagal hojay ga
200w (1).gif

I never liked non e haal, I liked taleem o tarbiyat more

Remember the character with red Turkish hat?- I loved reading that

My khaloo was an alim e Deen and he taught the guy who used to write that character - for my birthday he invited him for dinner cause I liked the character so much

But as I grew up I got more into digests like suspense, surguzisht
No I don't, sometimes I feel like I haven't retained as much childhood memories as I should have.

But in our house, generally, nonehaal was more liked. I have glimpses of memory about disputing with my brother, who would get to read first, mum would mediate in those conflicts. I'm sure she must have been sick of that shit. I never moved on to more serious magazines, mobile and ebooks replaced urdu readings for me. I read harry potter on a small nokia screen with symbian os.

They stopped Akhbar E Jahaan & Akhbar E watan in UK .

Was a staple in our household growing up

DAC4CE0F-FCAF-4FA4-8940-C82AAB7B77B3.jpeg

Do you remember cricketer ? Or should that be Kircutter lol

FDF81B3B-3A41-4238-A868-1ABCBD12D4C9.jpeg

Ode to a magazine​

Thirty-six years after it first began publication, Pakistan's best loved cricket publication closed its doors this April
Osman Samiuddin
22-Sep-2008

spacer.gif
370156.jpg

The cover of the final issue © The Cricketer, Pakistan

Last edited:
taleem o tarbiat.
Based taleem-o-tarbiat. Would finish them the day I got them. First thing you'd read were the the jokes. Last thing you'd read was the preface.
When I would get bored of reading the textbooks, I would sneak these into the classroom and just get lost into it. Got caught many times but they let me go.

taleem-o-tarbiat was my gateway drug into the world of reading.

I'd saved a few years worth of copies. I was the youngest one to my siblings so mother gave it to raddi wala when I grew up and stopped reading it. Tried many times to find them online but no good. Anyone know if it's possible to get old copies somehow? pdf or paper. Wanna go down memory lane. and also save some culture for my kids. I hate this smartphone/iPad culture. I'll buy em a PC when they are 5 like I got but only if they take to reading as well.

Remember the character with red Turkish hat?-
Sufi niaz-mand?
or
Uncle bad-khawas?

I think it was the former.

Last edited:

بچپن کی 10 دلچسپ باتیں جو آج بھی یاد ہیں
اظہر عزمی

1 ۔ جب تندور کی روٹی لاتے تو راستے میں روٹی کے " پھپھولے " چپکے چپکے پھوڑتے اور کھاتے آتے ۔ گھر آتے آتے روٹی گنجی ہوچکی ہوتی ۔ اماں مارنے کو آگے بڑھتیں تو دم دبا کر بھاگتے ۔
2 ۔ جب والد کے سوٹ کی کوئی پرانی پینٹ ملتی تو کوشش کرتے کہ کوئی درزی ہمارے کمر کی سائز کی کر دے ۔
3 ۔ جب فرج سے روح افزا کی بوتل سے منہ لگا کر شربت ایک کلے میں رکھ لیتے ۔ فورا ہی پانی کی ٹھنڈی بوتل سے ایک بڑا گھونٹ لے کر منہ میں ہی شربت بناتے اور پی جاتے ۔ اس کام کی مشق اور ٹائمنگ کے لیے اس عمل کا دن میں کمال کم ایک بار کرنا ضروری ہوتا ۔
4 ۔ جب شادی میں جاتے تو آخر میں چھپ کر شیشے کے چھوٹے گلاس میں رائتہ بھرتے اور پی جاتے ۔ یہ سوچ کر جو کھایا ہے وہ فورا ہضم ہو جائے گا ۔
5 ۔ جب آدھا سیر مرغی کے گوشت میں 3 پاو آلو اور ایک سیر پانی کا سالن بکتا تھا ۔ باہر کوئی پوچھتا تو بڑی شان سے بتاتے مرغی کھائی ہے جبکہ حصے میں دو تین بوٹیاں ہی آتیں ۔
6 ۔ جب گھر میں سوکھے ٹکڑوں کا حلیم پکتا جس کا مزا آج بھی زبان پر ہے ۔ کبھی ان کا میٹھا بنتا اور دیر تک مٹھاس میں منہ رہتی ۔ شاہی ٹکڑے کہلاتے تھے ۔
7 ۔ جب سودے کے پیسوں سے 10 آنے بچا کر دو آنے کی پاپڑی ڈلوا کر چھولے کھاتے ۔
8 ۔ جب گھر میں کوئی مہمان آجائے تو نظریں بچا کر جاتے ۔ والد والدہ کا آواز دے کر بلاتے اور مہمان کے جانے کے بعد کلاس ہوتی ۔
9 ۔ جب بجلی جانے یا استری خراب ہو تو اسکول کی پینٹ بیڈ کے گدے کے نیچے رکھتے تاکہ پینٹ صبح استری کی ہوئی لگے ۔
10 ۔ جب صدقے کے تالا لگے بکس سے تنکا ڈال کر پیسے نکالتے ۔ یہ الگ بات کے بعد میں ڈال بھی دیتے ۔
سوچیں ! آپ کو بھی بہت کچھ یاد آرہا ہو گا ۔​

یہ آخری صدی ہے کتابوں سے عشق کی
بچپن کی خوبصورت یادیں
بچوں کا رسالہ ماہانہ ہمدرد نونہال

شمارہ , فروری 1983

1665790755143.png

Back
Top Bottom