What's new

Urdu is not our language: Mahmood Khan Achakzai in PDM's Karachi gathering.

Racist bigots like Achakzai and the pig faced Ali Wazir and Mohsin Dawar can go get their arses fucked back in Afghanistan, which is all that god forsaken so called 5000 year old bunch of buggers is good for at this point.

Whoa whoa , you ok my friend ? hardly see you using such harsh language :D

and who is denying this ... ???

Mother tongue and National language are two different things .... for example I am not Punjabi its not my mother tongue but on the basis of this should I CLAIM PUNJABI is not "OUR Language" .... ???

Now are you getting what an Intolerant Ethno Fascist Bastard Achakzai attempted in his speech under the shadow of Quaid Mausoleum in front of Gathering which was dominated by Sindhi Speaking people .... and in the presence of a Party who just few days back before Karachi Jalsa officially issued 2 different photos and in one which showing the the person who disrespect Mohtarma Fatima Jinnah in Gujranwala during Ayub Khan election and the other one in which whole PML-N tier-1 leadership was playing ethnic and linguistic card by wearing Punjabi Paag

Not only this they disrespect Quaid Mausoleum ..... while another sectarian leader of their alliance Mulana Diesel did not even offered Fathia at Quaid Mausoleum so you think it was just a routine speech by that bastard ....

Look Again that was an Speech in which Achakzai Pukhtoon Nationalist target a particular Language in the presence of leadership who came to this city from Punjab and was involved in playing ethnic card by issuing 1 specific pictures with very direct message to a Particular Community.

So plz don't read the situation at face value ... it was a well thought plan to instigate unrest .....
With due respect sir, how come it is some sinister plan of unrest? Why we are so fragile if anybody wear his local attire ? Are we reading too much into it considering our political bias?
Regarding Fatima Jinnah may I add into a bit " all those supported fatimah Jinnah were declared traitor , be it mengal, wali Khan or mujib" while those who stand against Jinnah sister were wrapped in national flag (and also fatimah Jinnah being found dead as coincidentally) ...
If Sindhi wearing ajrak or Punjabi or pashtoon wearing local attire create issues then we really need to think of..
I will be more interested if we practically apply Jinnah principles rather then being offended on who doesn't visit his grave .. I am sure he will be more happy in that case

And official government communications should be ?
Choose whatever language ..be it Urdu or whatever I don't know why it's issue if non-urdu speaker saying Urdu is not his language

We are wonderful at building a self-deprecating narrative, based on hearsay and cultural lexicons, where we keep repeating certain things, so much, and because there is no opposition to those statements, they become accepted facts, without basis.

Now to clarify, I have read your statements often enough, to grown to have a respect for your views, so I am not putting a blame here, but inviting an open sensible answer. From anyone.

Where have we oppressed any of the regional languages, Every province is free to teach any language they wish, and if Punjab has not done so, and if there really was any mass opposition, the people would be on the streets, none of our ethnic groups are the quiet types lol, they know how to demand if something truly bothers them. I would just like proper examples of this narrative that we have oppressed our local languages.

To clarify, America does not have an official language, English has gained traction over time by cultural acceptance and official use, but it is not an official language of the country. It does not mean English was drummed down the throat of American citizens, it grew to be part of American society. Similarly, a Punjabi, Sindhi, Balochi, Pathan or a Kashmiri as a group did not wake up one day and decided, OK, from today we collectively will speak this language and collectively we will be known as such. I think it should be understood that an identity, ethnic, linguistic or otherwise is a process and over time that process solidifies, resulting in a solid self, a solid definable identity.

I see the same thing happening in Pakistan, where a process is in play, where people have accepted Urdu as a secondary mother tongue, at various levels of acceptance depending on region or city or even families, but the process is alive and widely accepted. Right now, that is the Urdu we have in Pakistan, effectively a second mother tongue.

I am middle age, and reasonably read I think, although always open to new information, I have never seen linguistic oppression in Pakistan, other than a sort of cultural lexicon, we are bad, we do this and that, and everybody else is good.
Exactly there is no imposition or suppression of any language is done in Pakistan every citizen is free to use language of his her choice in its core it’s a non-issues but problems are created by those politicians who don't even claim to Pakistani like Achakzai who even to date claim to be Afghani not Pakistani same as other Nationalist leaders who are fill of hatred and spread hatred for their political gains ....

These type of idiots and their followers don't understand one simple logic of evolution of language in modern world is that only those languages survive and thrives which are associated with knowledge creation and wealth creation take any international or regional language as example you will notice this simple facts every time ..... For example why do many people in subcontinent speak English answer is simple because our economic outlook is more inclined towards English speaking zones of the world and it help us to answer our need of wealth creation.

In Local languages you can see Punjabi is still more vibrant and alive then the Sindhi which is second largest spoken language of Pakistan and it is because of one reason and reason is wealth creations though Punjabi including all other languages of Pakistan lack in knowledge creation aspect .... but Sindhi language despite being one of the official languages of Sindh is not able to promote itself outside traditional zones this is only because it lacks in aspect of wealth creation as compare to Punjabi language ..... now let say If some Sindhi Nationalist feel Sindhi language is declining then rather to spread hatred towards other language he must try to focus wealth creation aspect of Sindhi language

This can be understood with a simple fact that Urdu in Pakistan is not just a lingua franca but a tool for a Pukhtoon or Sindhi or a Balochi or to a Punjabi or a Saraiki to seek and work for wealth creation outside their respective language zones

So in short I always find every so called Nationalist who spread Nationalism on the basis of Language or Ethnicity as IDIOT and IGNORANT of Highest Order.

- 'was'

- Dehlvi was also purest in fact is one of 2 Standard Version set by Ihla-e-Zaban and in use even for today ....

Have you been to utter pradesh?? Where is your statement coming from? Can you back it up with facts??
Yes you are correct that Dehlvi Urdu is the purest form of Urdu, that's because Urdu was formed around Dehli region, but do you know where most of the greatest literary scholars and Poets of Urdu came from??? They can from what is modern day utter pradesh, it's historical name was Hindustan, that's why Lashkari Urdu before Aurenzaib was called Hindustani. And btw, Lahori Urdu is just an offshoot branch of Dehlvi Urdu that sprung during the times of Mughals, meaning that it's younger than all of the present and extinct Urdu dialects, therefore making it the least pure form. Although, since the independence of Pakistan, the government had initiated many language reforms in order to "purify" Urdu of it's prakrit/sanskrit words and add more Persian/Arabic words.

Whoa whoa , you ok my friend ? hardly see you using such harsh language :D
Really getting frustrated with our 4th-Tier so called 'political leadership' dredging up issues that have little to no bearing on the country's future.

When you get down to it, ethnic nationalism is little more than racism and a sense of 'superiority'. Yes, one must take pride in ones roots and history, but not to the level that the PTM and people like Azchakzai have taken it.

Look at it this way, there are nations today that are arguably directly descended from 'Great Ancient Civilizations' that were massive powers in their day - Egypt & Ancient Egypt, Greece and Ancient Greece, but they are barely on the radar in terms of global power today.

And when you look at the most powerful nation in the world today (in fact in history), economically, militarily, culturally - it is the United States, a nation that is only 244 years old, with no contiguous culture or identity of its own prior to that. It is a hodgepodge of multiple European, African, Hispanic and Asian cultures. The ancient residents and civilizations of North America (the indigenous people/native Americans) stand decimated and destroyed. English could be argued to be an 'imposed' language in many ways, but the fact is that Americans accepted it and moved on, focusing more on the future than getting bogged down in these pedantic arguments of the past.

The point I am trying to make is that while one should not forget their roots and culture, this knee-jerk reaction of rejecting the linguistic framework that the founders of Pakistan chose (just because it does not completely align with X ethnic group, or Y religious group) is a regressive exercise that does nothing in terms of advancing and strengthening the pursuit of a common national identity and market.

And my critique isn't just for ethnic nationalists, we have also seen people advocate for a change to Arabic in Pakistan, which is another foolish proposal. We can't just waste 70 plus years of progress and evolution we have had.

Pakistan's national language is Urdu and Urdu it shall remain.

Last edited:
Really getting frustrated with our 4th-Tier so called 'political leadership' dredging up issues that have little to no bearing on the country's future.

When you get down to it, ethnic nationalism is little more than racism and a sense of 'superiority'. Yes, one must take pride in ones roots and history, but not to the level that the PTM and people like Azchakzai have taken it.

Look at it this way, there are nations today that are arguably directly descended from 'Great Ancient Civilizations that were massive powers in their day - Egypt & Ancient Egypt, Greece and Ancient Greece, but they are barely on the radar in terms of global power today.

And when you look at the most power nation in the world today (in fact in history), economically, militarily, culturally - it is the United States, a nation that is only 244 years old, with no contiguous culture or identity of its own prior to that. It is a hodgepodge of multiple European, African, Hispanic and Asian cultures. The ancient residents and civilizations of North America (the indigenous people/native Americans) stand decimated and destroyed. English could be argued to be an 'imposed' language in many ways, but the fact is that Americans accepted it and moved on, focusing more on the future than getting bogged down in these pedantic arguments of the past.

The point I am trying to make is that while one should not forget their roots and culture, this knee-jerk reaction of rejecting the linguistic framework that the founders of Pakistan chose (just because it does not completely align with X ethnic group, or Y religious group) is a regressive exercise that does nothing in terms of building and strengthening the pursuit of a common national identity and market.

And my critique isn't just for ethnic nationalists, we have also seen people advocate for a change to Arabic in Pakistan, which is another foolish proposal. We can't just waste 70 plus years of progress and evolution we have had.

Pakistan's national language is Urdu and Urdu it shall remain.

Wholeheartedly agree with you, but such language doesn't suits you my friend, leave that to member like us :D PDF moderation team must maintain a nice and decent decorum .. we got your back when it comes to calling out Racists in our country .

At least you accepted urdu having roots in UP.
There is difference between language and religion. And i never said one cannot use urdu even if it has roots elesewhere.
But if natives have more affinity towards their native language than other language, then that should be his/her choice.
Eitherway this person is free to use urdu/english/hindi/french.
Lolz. So what muhammad achakzai is doing in Karachi if he dont own the language of Pakistan who give him right to speak in Karachi or non pushto speaking areas.

When it comes to use resources people like achakzai are Pakiatani but when it comes to liablities they are associate.

What a hypocricy.

With due respect sir,
Bhai sab se phle tu mujha Sir maat kho .... we all are brothers may be older or younger to each other .....
Why we are so fragile if anybody wear his local attire ?

No one ever objected of any common man wearing his or her local attire but again plz go check that picture and read it with PML-N politics of playing ethnic card only at the time when find itself in difficult political situation .....

I think you will agree Symbolising local attire to incite political unrest should not be encouraged .... or should it be ..... ???

I hope you still remember the slogan "Jaag Punjabi Jaag Teri Paag Nu Lag Gaya Daagh" by PML-N against Benazir

And BTW do women wear Traditional Turban in Punjab .... ???

Or wearing of Turban by Maryam Safdar in a Political Press Conference should not be read as Political Card of inciting Ethnic Politics ..... ???

Regarding Fatima Jinnah may I add into a bit " all those supported fatimah Jinnah were declared traitor , be it mengal, wali Khan or mujib" while those who stand against Jinnah sister were wrapped in national flag (and also fatimah Jinnah being found dead as coincidentally) ...

So what is the point .... ??? an act of Ghulam Dastagir who was supporting Ayub Khan a dictator is justifiable even during those days or in current Political situation where PML-N is supposedly leading a campaign of 'True Democracy' with the slogan of "Respect the Ballot' ..... ??? and then sending a delegation of PML-N leaders and issuing the the photo at the day of Gujranwala Jalsa ..... while Karachi Jalsa was already announced and every one from PDM was aware of it .....

A simple question this should not be considered a Political Messaging to a particular community .... ???

Then It must be a coincident a third btw in a row that out of blue a particular language was targeted by a Racist and so called Nationalist while neither the so called movement or Jalsa was about this Language ....

If Sindhi wearing ajrak or Punjabi or pashtoon wearing local attire create issues then we really need to think of..

Again as said earlier nobody object if any of the common man wear his traditional attire and nobody objected about this even in current situation but the objection is political use of this because of their previous track record .....

now plz tell me Achakzai is symbol of national Unity and Ethnic harmony ..... ???

I will be more interested if we practically apply Jinnah principles rather then being offended on who doesn't visit his grave .. I am sure he will be more happy in that case
Who is getting offended have you seen any mass protest or public response on these provocations in Karachi, bhia if only an effort of pointing the Political tactic ethnic hatred to expose the purpose of so called political and democratic leaders is Violation of Jinnah Shaib Principles then this time my friend you are wrong ......

Just because this time vast majority of Urdu speaking community has voted for PTI is it justifiable for these so called National Leaders to attack that community ..... ???
Have you been to utter pradesh?? Where is your statement coming from? Can you back it up with facts??
we can debate on this unnecessarily so to avoid it you could post your facts .... I know mine .....

Goodbye ....

Last edited:
Look at it this way, there are nations today that are arguably directly descended from 'Great Ancient Civilizations' that were massive powers in their day - Egypt & Ancient Egypt, Greece and Ancient Greece,

Please include ourselves in this example, we are the inheritors of the Indus Valley Civilisation, their blood runs through our veins. A civilization as old and rich as the Egyptians or any other. Older than the Greeks actually.
If we can keep our act together, as a nation of over 400 million eventually, I am certain we will occupy an important position in global affairs.
Wholeheartedly agree with you, but such language doesn't suits you my friend, leave that to member like us :D PDF moderation team must maintain a nice and decent decorum .. we got your back when it comes to calling out Racists in our country .

Sorry brother, I disagree, on some topics, I would think less of anyone who does not speak out, standing on the sidelines and decency can go to hell, when our identity is being attacked.

Urdu is not my historical mother tongue, but I proudly claim it as mine, and I proudly claim it as my second mother tongue, now and forever.

How about making English the national language?

English is a neutral and universal language, which has borrowed words from all over the world.

If English were introduced as a national language in my country, I wouldn’t feel salty or get offended by it and would in fact welcome it. But if Urdu, Mandarin (Chinese), German or any other language we’re introduced as a national language, I would take issues with that and would oppose vehemently.

I see nothing wrong with what Achakzai said, Urdu is not his mother tongue, and it’s limited to a that specific region, a language like English is universal and I doubt he would complain about that.

What are your thoughts on this @Indus Pakistan @Pan-Islamic-Pakistan @HRK Would you be fine with a language like English taking the place of national language as people would certainly take offence if a language like Farsi were to be reinstated in the region or any provincial languages, do you think that would be a solution to Achakzai’s concern? English as national language and provincial languages taught by each province?

Last edited:
Urdu is not his mother tongue
Dear first of all nobody is opposing his mother tongue .....

secondly who is he to oppose any language or to impose any language on any one ..... ??? Everyone who speak any of the language in Pakistan speak with his own free will no one force anyone ... so who is he to tell the people to which language is our and which is not ..... ???

Back
Top Bottom