What's new

Urdu is not our language: Mahmood Khan Achakzai in PDM's Karachi gathering.

Bollywood use same language as the language spoken by a common Indian
Did not know Bollywood makes movies for a small elite and foreign people in Karachi. Last time I heard Bollywood made fairy tale movies for the semi-literate masses if India.
person agreeing with Achakzai
There are millions more and certainly in greater numbers then you lot but who don't have access to internet. Otherwise you would get to see the real picture. You think PDF demographic represents Pakistan?

Isn't he Afghan?

:rofl:

He says in perfect Urdu, that Urdu is not his language.

:rofl:

I have heard him speak many times, always in beautiful Urdu, at a standard that puts me to shame. No one in Pakistan is forced to speak Urdu,
It is a choice, and the Pakistani nation has chosen, and they speak Urdu with pride, in every corner of the country.
He is right, urdu have its root in uttar pradesh.

SO, what's your point?

If you want to discuss identity, lets start.

If not, then please refrain from silly comments.

Did not know Bollywood makes movies for a small elite and foreign people in Karachi. Last time I heard Bollywood made fairy tale movies for the semi-literate masses if India.
then you need to update yourself about the spoken language in Northern India and language in Bollywood ..... why bothering me ....

My last reply to you ....

Is that why more Indians speak it then Pakistani's? It is as "Islamic" as a Divali festival.
There is nothing wrong he said. Pashto, Balochi, Sindhi are native languages of Pakistan. They dominate three of the four provinces. Urdu is sourced from the Hindi/Urdu heartland of Utter Pradesh in India.
well, no..if you start going historical then you can argue a lot of these languages aren't local..

fact is urdu is local language in Pakistan, million just speak urdu nothing else. What are you going to tell these millions of pakistanis..?

you have millions of pakistani who migrated with urdu what are you going to tell them?

Is that why more Indians speak it then Pakistani's? It is as "Islamic" as a Divali festival.

Where did you get that from?

Last time I checked, Urdu is a declining language in India, it has been repressed, the only major language in India that is on the decline, despite natural population growth. There are only around 50 million Urdu speakers in India.

In Pakistan with a population of 227 million, the vast majority can speak it at some level, that would mean, more then twice the number in India.

There is nothing wrong he said. Pashto, Balochi, Sindhi are native languages of Pakistan. They dominate three of the four provinces. Urdu is sourced from the Hindi/Urdu heartland of Utter Pradesh in India.

Then he should have said it is not his mother tongue, he can speak for himself, not for me. Urdu is not my mother tongue either, but we have adopted Urdu as our second mother tongue. We as a nation have taken ownership of the Urdu language, because it forms part of our identity.
It is our language.

It is one thing to play politics, but these lots cannot be allowed to take liberties with our identity.

Call me what you like but the crap that they speak on Bollywood is Urdu/Hindi. In fact I have seen threads here which read "Urdu/Hindi". It's the same coin with two sides. Indeed if Urdu was a separate language from Hindi it would have helped Pakistan carve it's own identity with a bank of cultural capital as in songs, movie industry appropriate to it's size instead of just feeding off India as a cheap copy.

Urdu and Hindi have the same origin, they are derived from Khariboli, a language spoken in the Delhi region of South Asia as pointed out by @HRK , that is why they can sound similar. Khariboli developed into a language referred to as Hindustani, which developed into Hindi and Urdu.

Whereas Hindi has more Sanskrit influence, Urdu has more Persian, Turkic and Arabic influences. Bollywood Hindi veers toward Urdu rather than being Hindi, but I don't care what they want to call it.

If you want to know what real Hindi sounds like, watch Doordarshan TV, I have, and I can barely understand it, even after full concentration.

Nothing wrong here ..Urdu is not the language of majority of people here

To be honest i wish Quaid-e-Azam had selected another language as the national language. I would have been happier with any language even if he had selected Klingon as long as we didn't share a language with Indians.

Some one tell him how Pakistan movement started .
First pillar of PAKISTAN movement was started when congress revoked URDU and make it Hindi first language during SIR SYED era. He is abusing national language of Pakistan - Amazing.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom