What's new

Urban development in Bangladesh

CXB airport being upgraded per plan illustrated here, to be fourth International Airport within the country.

1889071_756679904389324_5061569310677565399_o.jpg
Source of this photo?

Well why don't we let the chips fall where they may.
  1. For now the Chinese are biding time and won't try to best Japan in competing for Asian Infrastructure projects. The Chinese don't have a lot of money to waste at present.
  2. Sonadia (CTG) may not fill an immediate strategic need. The Chinese have Myanmar ports.
  3. Chinese Nuclear subs don't need to dock in Bangladesh to 'case out the neighborhood' - I'm sure they are already casing out the INS Naval base north of Vizag where the Arihant boomers will be home-ported. And I'm sure the one in Karwar is being watched as well.
  4. Bangladesh needs a deep sea port (like) yesterday. Especially one that has a huge powerplant built on the port itself. The Japanese plants are efficient, reliable and use proven technology. This is not a bad combination.
  5. During the last visit of the Japanese PM to Bangladesh this year, he promised us favors due to us supporting their bid for their seat in the UN security council. This is fulfilling part of the favor.
  6. The Chinese will have plenty of other work - believe me. There's road and bridge infrastructure projects they will be involved with for years to come (latest is the Padma bridge).

Source of this photo?

Bhai I think this came from the Facebook page of the consortium that is actively working on this project. An international airport will be built. Now whether it looks like this - maybe. It won't look like CTG airport for sure and will be quite larger.

And it will have an airbase connected with it - probably to house the maritime strike aircraft the air-force is inducting.

Hatirjheel at night

Image copyrights Mirzazeehan
h_zpsoltlqmaf.jpg

Designtex Corporate Office, Uttara
140127307388.jpg

NH Tower, Banani - 15 storied with 3 basements
143428276981.jpg

Mirpur DOHS Army Shopping Center, Pallabi-Airport Link Rd - 11 stories

1.jpg

Unity Complex, Badda
140214067716.jpg
140214067870.png
140214068039.png

new RAJUK HQ, Mohakhali
140550157852.jpg

Continental Apparels, Tejgaon I/A
140134731480.jpg

Supertex Garments Tower, Gazipur
1502845_1451444445077351_1085762196_o.jpg

Beximco Headquarters
EX046.jpg

South Square and Cityscape Tower, Gulshan
11220921_857428404344214_2541353532182539120_n_zpshthvw8jw.jpg

Hadi Tower,Gulshan
10985028_857428574344197_6473884708658321152_n_zpswfcsjjn7.jpg

Banani Rd. 11
6109724184_b3a7bdd6a3.jpg

Bangladeshi expat to build country's tallest building

A Bangladeshi investor will construct the tallest building in the country as a Chinese investor has backed off from the project, the finance minister said yesterday.

Kali Pradip Chaudhuri, the chairman and founder of the KPC Group of Companies, will build the 300-metre tower on a 40-acre land in Purbachal, AMA Muhith told reporters.

He said some work for building the convention centre had been finalised after Chaudhuri, who lives in the US, showed his interest in the project.

“It is all done. Now, his people will come and start their work within weeks.”

Muhith said the government had agreed to provide the Bangladesh expatriate with the land in Purbachal to set up a planned international convention centre.

Chaudhuri, who is from Sylhet, would also build a hotel, an exhibition centre and a stadium around the proposed building.

“Chaudhuri builds the tallest tower wherever he goes.

“He [Chaudhuri] wanted to do something for Bangladesh. I have been talking to him for the last five to six years. His heart aches as he said he had done nothing for the country.

“Now, I have to sit with the land department about the issue.”

The minister said the construction work of the convention centre must be completed and it should be ready for use by May 2016. An annual meeting of the Islamic Development Bank is scheduled to be held there that year.

The KPC Group is engaged in numerous businesses around the world serving diverse industries such as healthcare services and facilities, pharmaceutical and biotechnology, education, real estate, infrastructure development, agriculture, architecture and engineering, alternative energy, waste management, travel services and information technology.

Bangladeshi expat to build country's tallest building | The Daily Star

Bangladeshi expat to build country's tallest building

A Bangladeshi investor will construct the tallest building in the country as a Chinese investor has backed off from the project, the finance minister said yesterday.

Kali Pradip Chaudhuri, the chairman and founder of the KPC Group of Companies, will build the 300-metre tower on a 40-acre land in Purbachal, AMA Muhith told reporters.

He said some work for building the convention centre had been finalised after Chaudhuri, who lives in the US, showed his interest in the project.

“It is all done. Now, his people will come and start their work within weeks.”

Muhith said the government had agreed to provide the Bangladesh expatriate with the land in Purbachal to set up a planned international convention centre.

Chaudhuri, who is from Sylhet, would also build a hotel, an exhibition centre and a stadium around the proposed building.

“Chaudhuri builds the tallest tower wherever he goes.

“He [Chaudhuri] wanted to do something for Bangladesh. I have been talking to him for the last five to six years. His heart aches as he said he had done nothing for the country.

“Now, I have to sit with the land department about the issue.”

The minister said the construction work of the convention centre must be completed and it should be ready for use by May 2016. An annual meeting of the Islamic Development Bank is scheduled to be held there that year.

The KPC Group is engaged in numerous businesses around the world serving diverse industries such as healthcare services and facilities, pharmaceutical and biotechnology, education, real estate, infrastructure development, agriculture, architecture and engineering, alternative energy, waste management, travel services and information technology.

Bangladeshi expat to build country's tallest building | The Daily Star

Bhai BongBang - I don't know what to say.

This guy is the biggest fraud and scammer in the world!!
He is in my local area LA so I know!!

Desher Jonno Mon Kandey !?! Minister-ra shob Gadha ar Bekuber Dol !

Look at this below. No bank should give him any loan!! Shob taka nia bhaiga jabey!!

Most of his companies are front companies only (Bhua). He apparently fed Muhith some big money for Muhith to say this. He is well known locally in Los Angeles as a big fraudster. I have lost complete faith on govt. officers in Bangladesh. They don't know how to Google?

I have some choice words for this idiot and his compatriots.....

Shillong Medical College scam: KPC owned Chemgenpharma only on paper

http://www.allianceforpatientsafety.org/chaudhuri-articles.pdf

This is his world class HQ - a two room office in Riverside,

Google Maps

Ek number DhappaBaaj!

Last edited:
Where di you get so many beautiful photos from???(just curious)

Amar collection :-)

Nah just joking :-)

If you search Flickr etc. you'll find plenty of images....

Last edited:
Right now Gulshan Avenue seems like the premiere location to have your corporate HQ. Can some one please name other potential main roads thats coming up that one can rival it in the future? I can think of the ring road around Hatirjheel lake, Satmajid road, Uttara main road...

Would be helpful, if some one can give a few ideas, wide long avenue that can compare....

Back
Top Bottom