What's new

Upcoming Pakistani films

Over here Lahore se Agay is going to come out and I like the song Kalabaz Dil, I'm doing that on my friend's Mehndi :azn:

fashionandshowbizmagazine-1480246397.jpg

Best Mehndi song this year :D
Oh my god! It is so similar to Indian wedding. No one can tell it is not an Indian wedding. Everything about it reminds me of Indian wedding. Love it. Also, this movie has my favorite girl from Zindagi Gulzar Hai. Is there any link to watch it online?

Melting hearts: Gulzar pens lyrics for Yasir Nawaz’s next

The songs will definitely be a hit and worth listening to.
With his roots in Jhelum and branches spread across India and the Urdu/Hindi speaking community of the world, Gulzar, like any great poet is not restricted by borders. And it’s not only because of his timeless poetry and songs but also because of the stand he takes in times of utter chaos. Whenever the war drums have rolled, he has written for peace, whenever India and Pakistan have indulged in mudslinging, he has held the mirror.

While we were trying to figure out if Indians have refused to export Bollywood movies or we have chosen not to screen them, Gulzar collaborated with Yasir Nawaz on his next Pakistani film Mehrunissa, We Lub You.

Talking to The Express Tribune Nawaz revealed that it was Gulzar’s wish to collaborate with the Pakistani film industry and having been born here, the poet was keen on writing a song for our industry.

Nawaz had been friends with Gulzar for four years, after being introduced to him by Hassan Zia whom he had known since two decades. “We planned the collaboration some six to eight months back before Pak-India tensions intensified,” Nawaz told The Express Tribune.

“However, despite the worsening socio-political scenario Gulzar saab did not back out from the project, and the team of Mehrunnisa, We Lub Youis indebted to his presence in the movie and to his gesture amid so much turmoil. We were blown away by his keenness to keep his word,” he said.

sana-javed-1480246405.jpg

The legendary lyricist has penned down a song titled Badalna hai, which has been sung by none other than the vocal powerhouse, Sukhwinder Singh. It is also reported that perhaps Gulzar will be writing one more song for the movie but Nawaz didn’t confirm this.

The director shared that he has deep admiration for the poet and his work referring him as a “legend”. The choice between Gulzar and other Pakistani lyricists was an obvious one, considering the poet’s rich experience and immense command on his craft.

theindianexpress-1480248324.jpg

Apart from winning numerous awards in India, Gulzar has also been internationally recognised with an Academy Award and Grammy Award both for the song Jai Ho from the film Slumdog Millionaire.

“I must mention here that our collaboration with Gulzar was purely an artistic move without any other intentions. I as a Pakistani respect the decision to ban Indian films but at the same time am aware of its repercussions”. He admitted that in his personal opinion from the business perspective, it would cause a major loss for the film industries of both countries.

However, Nawaz is optimistic about the future of Pakistani cinema as he believes that the industry will keep producing better films in the future.

Mehrunnisa, We Lub You will mark the film debut of TV actor Sana Javed, who will be playing the female lead in the film alongside Danish Taimoor, who also featured as the lead actor in Nawaz’s first feature film outing, Wrong No. .The film will also feature Javed Sheikh and theater actor Saqib Sumeer in the side roles, with Sumeer also serving as the screenwriter of the film.

fashionandshowbizmagazine-1480246397.jpg

Taking to the floors this time with a bigger budget and greater confidence, Nawaz also revealed that Mehrunnisa, We Lub You will have one of the biggest sets ever created for a Pakistani production.

Oh my god! It is so similar to Indian wedding. No one can tell it is not an Indian wedding. Everything about it reminds me of Indian wedding. Love it. Also, this movie has my favorite girl from Zindagi Gulzar Hai. Is there any link to watch it online?
It is and many if the customs are very common in Pakistani weddings
Especially that leaf mehndi thing i dont get i use to rub mehndi on face of dulha if he was my close relative :D
Here is a very popular mehndi song
This song is mostly sung by girls at dholki
Btw the movie dobara phir sey is currently in cinemas so i doubt you will see it online for atleast another year :D

It is and many if the customs are very common in Pakistani weddings
Especially that leaf mehndi thing i dont get i use to rub mehndi on face of dulha if he was my close relative :D
Here is a very popular mehndi song
This song is mostly sung by girls at dholki
Btw the movie dobara phir sey is currently in cinemas so i doubt you will see it online for atleast another year :D
Mehndi on face? We put haldi all over the body and face of both dulha and dulhan. There is a separate ceremony for Haldi just like Mehndi.

Mehndi on face? We put haldi all over the body and face of both dulha and dulhan. There is a separate ceremony for Haldi just like Mehndi.
Haldi too is applied but there is this weird ritual of putting mehndi on hand but i put it on face just to make his pics more memorable :D
Cousin ki to mehndi ki pic mein moan par mehndi nazar aye hay :D

Abdullah: Thank God it’s The Final Witness

42574-abd-1478173808-792-640x480.jpg

Performance wise, Abdullah rests on the able shoulders of Hameed Sheikh. PHOTO: IMDB

Pakistani cinema is going through a phase, especially after banning Indian movies in the country. Two things are in dire need; firstly, the release of a movie at least every week, and secondly, every movie released should have an entertainment quotient attached to it.

Recently, Hashim Nadeem’s Abdullah: The Final Witness was released in the cinema houses of Pakistan. The movie features Sajid Hassan, Hameed Sheikh, Imran Abbas, and Sadia Khan in pivotal roles. Now let’s see what it has to offer to its viewers.

abdullah_the_final_witness_pakistani_movie_stills_4_ulrum_pak101dotcom.jpg

The movie features Sajid Hassan, Hameed Sheikh, Imran Abbas, and Sadia Khan in pivotal roles.
Photo; Screenshot

The story revolves around Abdullah (Hameed Sheikh), a truck driver whose life turns upside down when he gives Tajik and Russian citizens a ride across Quetta. Things suddenly go haywire and Abdullah is sent to prison. The officer on his case, Inspector Zamaan (Saajid Hasan), investigates the case with undivided attention – the movie is based on what follows after!

mv5bnzqwotjkmwutymuzzc00mdqwlwjhmdgtywewymqynzq1ote4xkeyxkfqcgdeqxvyntm3mzq3nze-_v1_.jpg

Hameed Sheikh in Abdullah: The Final Witness

Performance wise, Abdullah: The Final Witness rests on the able shoulders of Hameed Sheikh. Sheikh brilliantly expresses pure uneasiness in scenes where his character is deemed helpless. This kind of character could only have been played by a mature performer, and full marks go to Sheikh.

Hassan is okay; in some scenes he seems fatigued, and in others he seems to be trying too hard to make the poor dialogue believable.

Abbas is a letdown; it would have been great if he had done his research and practiced his enunciation for the role – the same can be said for Khan.

971677_206692542788278_321540974_n.jpg

Sadia Khan in Abdullah.

The movie lets the audience witness some of the finest cinematography.

Back
Top Bottom