What's new

up-gradation of T -80 UD and AL-Khalid with Catherine FC Systems

Inception-06

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
On 9th June 2015, THALES OPTRONCIS & SHIBLI ELECTRONICS were awarded another major successive Contract for the Up gradation of 125mm Tanks i.e T 80 UD ,AL Khalid with Catherine Fire Control System.

SHIBLI ELECTRONICS has been awarded a major contract for the UPGRADATION OF Eighty Eight “T-80 UD” Tanks 125mm with the Night Firing Systems. With Integration & Incorporation of the system, these main Battle will have full operational night capability. The Signing Ceremony of the contract was held in CWO Headquarter. -

563de57a17349.jpg

See more at: Shibli | Subject: Contract for the up-gradation of T -80 UD with Catherine FC Systems

Congratulations to the SHIBLI ELECTRONICS team for their joint endeavors in making it possible.

On 9th June 2015, THALES OPTRONCIS & SHIBLI ELECTRONICS were awarded another major successive Contract for the Up gradation of 125mm Tanks i.e T 80 UD ,AL Khalid with Catherine Fire Control System.

SHIBLI ELECTRONICS has been awarded a major contract for the UPGRADATION OF Eighty Eight “T-80 UD” Tanks 125mm with the Night Firing Systems. With Integration & Incorporation of the system, these main Battle will have full operational night capability. The Signing Ceremony of the contract was held in CWO Headquarter. -

View attachment 279032

See more at: Shibli | Subject: Contract for the up-gradation of T -80 UD with Catherine FC Systems

Congratulations to the SHIBLI ELECTRONICS team for their joint endeavors in making it possible.
Already reported :)

so not all ak and t80 have nvg already or this is an upgraded version a replacment ?

so not all ak and t80 have nvg already or this is an upgraded version a replacment ?

T-80UD have it, but their night vision system was 20 years old, Eighty Eight did get a new one from Thales. Al-KHalids I dont know the exact status but I think here it was also a upgrade !

Wasnt AK series already using the domestic FCS?

yep they do

All Alkhalids have thermal imagers installed right from the test bench but Alzarrars, UDs and type-85III have it fitted later. Keep in mind that all tanks still retain 2nd generation image intensification night vision equipment which gives them night fighting capability.

yep they do

All Alkhalids have thermal imagers installed right from the test bench but Alzarrars, UDs and type-85III have it fitted later. Keep in mind that all tanks still retain 2nd generation image intensification night vision equipment which gives them night fighting capability.
So why Catherine?

excellent performance on most terrains, most AKs also have Sagem Matis thermals
I know abt thermals, but why bring an international system over yr own domestic product that u manufacture n operate in the first place?

Gori chamrhi say pyar zyada ha ya confidence nahi ha?

I know abt thermals, but why bring an international system over yr own domestic product that u manufacture n operate in the first place?

Gori chamrhi say pyar zyada ha ya confidence nahi ha?

they lack key technologies to design a high quality thermal imager, just like Russia, China, and many others. the focus is on "key technology".

they lack key technologies to design a high quality thermal imager, just like Russia, China, and many others. the focus is on "key technology".
So in the end it is abt confidence on yr own self rather then the ''key technology'' BTW im talking abt FCS which was functioning well with Rehbar IBIMS not imagers.

So in the end it is abt confidence on yr own self rather then the ''key technology'' BTW im talking abt FCS which was functioning well with Rehbar IBIMS not imagers.

FCS is indigenous.

Back
Top Bottom