What's new

Unwelcome in Karachi, Unable to return

I just think parties should not be based on 'ethnicity' plain and simple.... Political parties should be based on ideology (like PML and PPP) but any kind of ethinicity-based party (ANP, MQM, Nationalist Parties like BNP and so on) should all be banned..... Because by the end of the day it is these kinds of parties that create problems in the country as they put one ethnicity against another in order to strengthen their own vote banks....

As long as there will be parties that are based on ethnicities our nation and its people will remain divided on ethnic lines.... Politics should NEVER be about ETHNICITY rather it should be about IDEOLOGY and POLITICAL POLICIES

durrani....only one name comes to mind TEHRIK-INSAF....because every other party has once in a while played a ethnic card....

@ Bane Blade and others: I posted this in another thread that you started but then thought why spread it out. You guys are now talking about the ethnic riots, so here goes. Hope it helps...

This might interest you....

So far no newspaper has carried a differential toll of how many Pathans have been killed and how many Mohajirs. Found this in Dawn today. Its been written in a very by-the-way manner, they have obviously tried to downplay it...

Violence and the economy

Saturday, 02 May, 2009 | 02:14 AM PST

LOSS of life is naturally the most tragic legacy of the mass violence that erupted in Karachi on Wednesday. Ethnic tensions had been building up in recent weeks, and according to police records the first 28 days of April saw 14 targeted killings. A day later, in one fell swoop, that already alarming figure had risen to at least 50. The Pakhtun community, with as many as 43 dead, bore the brunt of the violence which could break out again at any time.
But human misery aside, Karachi suffered grievously in other ways as well. Private and public property was destroyed, retail outlets and other businesses were forced to shut down, and production in the city’s industrial zones took a massive hit as employees were unable to reach their workplaces. With goods transporters off the roads, exporters failed to meet shipping schedules, dealing a blow to not just their own financial health but also that of the exchequer. Daily-wage earners who live from hand to mouth were the hardest hit in the immediate sense. Besides living in fear like millions of others, many of them may have been unable to feed their families on Wednesday and Thursday.

now i don't understand one thing....if MQM is being targeted as they claim...why are pathans dying...and if talbanization is taking hold again why are pathans dying....makes me wonder are the talibans only wishing to fix the "PATHANS" ....if so then i guess everyone else should heave a sigh of relief including the US....and if this is not talibanaziation...then who can the finger be pointed towards...ANP??? if it is ANP then why would they want to reduce an already small power base???

Blaming MQM makes us sound like India and its foreign policy we need to see the report in the media and trust the system to solve the problem.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom