What's new

Unlike China, India has growth with values: PM Manmohan

The reason behind the growing poverty in india isnt because indians are growing poorer over the period time,no it lies with fact that its the indian poor people who are produding more children and hence the more poverty.

All are human development index is bad incase of india ,its due to this fact.Inspite massive sociall welfare programs,the benifits dont reach as many people as the numbers keep growing expentiallly each day as with very high birth rate in the poor section of the society.

Whereas China managed to deal with such population explosion with its darconian one child policy implemented with iron hand ,india being a liberal democracy which horours human rights failed to check rapid rise in population mostly among the poverty striken people resulting in massive poverty nos .

@applesauce..Those remarks came after some one ask MMS about how we cannot copy Chinese growth?..he said India cannot copy because of the respect for the rule of law, respect for multi-cultural, multi-ethnic, multi-religious rights..he said nothing wrong or anything to insult your country..He just pointed out that we cannot follow the Chinese growth path blindly because of the differences in background ..

yep, and my point was no one asked India to become communist with capitalist flavors. and once again on rule of law, respect for multi-cultural, multi-ethnic, multi-religious rights. china may be ruled by an authoritarian government but India's record in this area is no better than china the western media simply likes to report on china more.

The reason behind the growing poverty in india isnt because indians are growing poorer over the period time,no it lies with fact that its the indian poor people who are produding more children and hence the more poverty.

All are human development index is bad incase of india ,its due to this fact.Inspite massive sociall welfare programs,the benifits dont reach as many people as the numbers keep growing expentiallly each day as with very high birth rate in the poor section of the society.

Whereas China managed to deal with such population explosion with its darconian one child policy implemented with iron hand ,india being a liberal democracy which horours human rights failed to check rapid rise in population mostly among the poverty striken people resulting in massive poverty nos .

can't help laughing.

Thats exactly the point.
India's poor outbidding progress with a high birth rate.

I have a simpleton question:

If these country-side poor are given absolutely UNLIMITED, FREE condoms, no questions asked, delivered to the door,
do you think they will use it and thus control birth ?

Unlike China, India tries to get attention as much as it can: PM Manmohan

I have a simpleton question:

If these country-side poor are given absolutely UNLIMITED, FREE condoms, no questions asked, delivered to the door,
do you think they will use it and thus control birth ?

Not guaranteed. For a poor family, several kids mean several hands to work, of course, it also means several mouth to feed, but thats taken as a risk worth taking.

BTW, China's one child policy is not a total success is either. In the last massive earth quake many people lost their only child and remain a childless family. Their future, when they get old, is very bleak.

Since, only one child is allowed, families prefer boys, there by tilting gender ratio. Many boys in China may have to remain unmarried.

Also, when a couple gets married, they have to take the responsibility of both the boy's parents and gal's parents(because gal would only child of their parents). This puts enormous pressure on the family.

Lastly, China's generation will get old and the new generation will not have replaced the old guard.

China's policy completely ignores the plight of the common people. This is not possible in India, where each individual has rights and a dozen opposition parties both at state level and central level are waiting to pounce on ruling party if any section's sentiments are hurt.

Wow, talk about a huge inferiority complex.

Why do you even care how China manages its own economic model? Just focus on your own and quit being so insecure all the time.

Wow, talk about a huge inferiority complex.

Why do you even care how China manages its own economic model? Just focus on your own and quit being so insecure all the time.

What insecurity, hain? Do you even know what insecurity means or do you just use the word?!!

No matter in the post, just name-calling the poster and by extension his country and countrymen:disagree:.

BTW, China's one child policy is not a total success is either.....:blah:

Yes, everything you listed out is well known facts, hats off to you for your patience in typing that all out. It's far from a perfect solution.
Leaders have the burden to make tough decisions between "do something" or "do nothing".

China's policy completely ignores the plight of the common people. This is not possible in India, where each individual has rights and a dozen opposition parties both at state level and central level are waiting to pounce on ruling party if any section's sentiments are hurt.

How great your "common people" are doing is well-published in international studies - you know (i hope, it's your country, your people), I know - so I'm not going to say or give links.

Your democratic India's "no-can-do-nothing" policy is not helping your statistics in those International reports on hunger/poverty, is it ?
What about all those insurgencies you have going on there ? They're not so happy with your democracy either eh ?

> a dozen opposition parties both at state level and central level

yeah, all those politicians - you Indians just love your democratically-elected politicians right ?
your "common people", they're just vote banks - I think you know what I'm talking about.

Last edited:
Yes, everything you listed out is well known facts, hats off to you for your patience in typing that all out. It's far from a perfect solution.
Leaders have the burden to make tough decisions between "do something" or "do nothing".

Those facts maybe 'well-known' in China, not so much outside. Generally, China's one child policy is touted as a solution to India's population growth without realising the flaws of the policy. I articulated them 'with much patience' so that I could pre-empt views that suggest China's policy as a success and advice India to ape China in this regard.

How great your "common people" are doing is well-published in international studies - you know (i hope, it's your country, your people), I know - so I'm not going to say or give links.

Your democratic India's "no-can-do-nothing" policy is not helping your statistics in those International reports on hunger/poverty, is it ?
What about all those insurgencies you have going on there ? They're not so happy with your democracy either eh ?

> a dozen opposition parties both at state level and central level

yeah, all those politicians - you Indians just love your democratically-elected politicians right ?
your "common people", they're just vote banks - I think you know what I'm talking about.

India's primary concern is not GDP, or survey's compiled by some alien body but the views, opinions, concerns, sentiments of its populace. India is ruled by Indians the way they wish it to be. India's development will also be subject to the emotions and sensitivities of Indians. That is why we are a democracy. Of course, we could take the easy route out and stop giving any right to our citizens, make them work like state owned slaves in industries, produce cheap goods sell them at cheap rates by artificially maintaining our currency at low rates...etc. But we have chosen a proper, fair, open route to all-round development. Thats the difference, mate. That is exactly what our PM is saying that we have chosen the hard way of combining progress, development with human rights and civil rights unlike China which has dispensed with one for the sake of other.

Last edited:
^^^^^^^^^^^
To add to it we are not taking anything away from China... We indians have lot of respect for china and her successes which she has achieved over the time...Chinese people have worked really hard to achieve what they are today i.e. an economic giant...India indeed has to do lot of catching up because of the extraordinary pace in which china is growing and we are all for a healthy competition..however not at the cost of the values that our PM has pointed out...

Those facts maybe 'well-known' in China, not so much outside. Generally, China's one child policy is touted as a solution to India's population growth without realising the flaws of the policy. I articulated them 'with much patience' so that I could pre-empt views that suggest China's policy as a success and advice India to ape China in this regard.

India's primary concern is not GDP, or survey's compiled by some alien body but the views, opinions, concerns, sentiments of its populace. India is ruled by Indians the way they wish it to be. India's development will also be subject to the emotions and sensitivities of Indians. That is why we are a democracy. Of course, we could take the easy route out and stop giving any right to our citizens, make them work like state owned slaves in industries, produce cheap goods sell them at cheap rates by artificially maintaining our currency at low rates...etc. But we have chosen a proper, fair, open route to all-round development. Thats the difference, mate. That is exactly what our PM is saying that we have chosen the hard way of combining progress, development with human rights and civil rights unlike China which has dispensed with one for the sake of other.

Man, just getting sick and tired of you shamelessly crtisizing China

when your beloved India was like a live example of a hell hole !!

Take a good look of your great accomplishment and shut the hell up

for good, and don't give me those damn excuces of "we are working

on it , making good progress !!

(1) India is doing her shameful supression through Caste-System,

Here go your so called human rights.

UN says caste system is a human rights abuse - Telegraph

(2) India doing inhuman abuses to their next generation=Children

Well over 65% children being sexually abused, none of you dare to

say a word, human rights supression of the worst kind ?

Asia Sentinel - Hidden Darkness: Child Sexual Abuse in India

(3) India rank 134 out of 182 countries in Human Development Index

Incredible India !!

India 134 on UN development index - India - The Times of India

(4) India top Global Hunger Index= Soft killing ? Where are the

human right for the hungers ?

India tops world hunger chart- Politics/Nation-News-The Economic Times

(5) India ranks 171 out of 175 countries in public heath-care spending

Soft killing from GOI again ? Pathetic India !!!

India ranks 171 out of 175 in public health spending, says WHO study - India - The Times of India

P.S. Don't bother to reply if you are not able to answer the above

FACTS.
:smitten::pakistan::china:

those who cant feed themselves and need to import food are basically lacking human right for the poor people to buy food and no such time to talk about values as their livelihood is not secure, they should worry about which one matter???

Back
Top Bottom