What's new

Universe

I'd prefer a list of recommended books that filter out fluff and get straight to the point.

There is a supermassive blackhole at the centre of our galaxy (the Sagittarius A star as its known). It is speculated that every large galaxy like ours has this feature.
I guess it is the enormous gravity of Black hole that binds all mass together in a galaxy
the first generation big starts went super nova which might have led to creation to heavy elements thus creating new starts planets galaxies

I'd prefer a list of recommended books that filter out fluff and get straight to the point.
Astrophysics for people in hurry by neil degrasse tyson
one of my favorite books

I guess it is the enormous gravity of Black hole that binds all mass together in a galaxy
the first generation big starts went super nova which might have led to creation to heavy elements thus creating new starts planets galaxies

Yes this is one theory in play...also the interaction with the mysterious dark matter plays some role in galaxy formation/shaping, specifically why are there spirals, ellipticals, irregulars etc (past simply matter conglomerating)

Yes this is one theory in play...also the interaction with the mysterious dark matter plays some role in galaxy formation/shaping, specifically why are there spirals, ellipticals, irregulars etc (past simply matter conglomerating)
from what i know smaller galaxies are spiral and giant ancient ones are elliptical with older starts and large number of black holes

Back
Top Bottom