What's new

United we stand: Pakistan, India students

Nitin Goyal

BANNED
Reaction score
2-15-2012_92875_l_akb.jpg

The students of India and Pakistan were unanimous that bringing the youth from the two countries together must be a precursor to more such meetings

They buzzed with zeal and spoke with hope, passion and imagination. Around 15 students from some of Pakistan’s and India’s best schools and colleges met over a sandwich and juice to exchange knowledge about each other, beginning with a discussion on the Aman ki Asha initiative that brought them on a single platform at the Times House in New Delhi on Thursday.

The young scholars were unanimous that the idea of bringing the youth from the two countries together must be a precursor to more such meetings — the two-day sojourn was too little! After more than an hour of free flowing conversation, it was clear that minds uncluttered with the baggage of the past are our best bet for our collective future.

India and Pakistan, said the delegates in one voice, are inheritors of a common civilization legacy; they share the same idioms, the same diversities, and have more things that bind them in friendship than divide them in hostilities.

Do the youth in Pakistan have any stereotypes about India? Happily enough only the palatable ones: food in thalis for Absaar Hussain from Greenwich University, Karachi. For Shazre Bukhari, it was Bollywood. “Today there is simultaneous release of Bollywood films in India and Pakistan. Thanks to the TV channels that beam Indian serials, we know all about India,” said this student of business administration from Karachi.

With such a lot going for peace between the two countries, what are the reasons for hostility?

One piped up, “It’s the monkey who gets the cake when two cats fight for it.” There are powers that do not want to see friendship between India and Pakistan, he said. “We must not fall for their manipulations.”

Another one proffered, “Who will buy their weapons if there is peace?” To this Tahira Khan, who was managing the delegates, said, “Arms are made to hold each other, not harm each other.”

With the talk drifting towards hurdles that keep the people of the two countries separate, young Arham Siddiqui of Ryan International in Greater Noida enlivened and animated the kindred spirits with a strapping rendition of a ‘sher’: Kaun kehta hai aasman mein chhed nahi ho sakta? Ik pathhar to tabiyat se uthao yaaro! (Who says the sky cannot be pierced if a stone is thrown at it with our joint might?)”

It drew applause from everybody present including TOI’s chief marketing officer Rahul Kansal and some senior editors.

Salar Khosa played the guitar and the group from Pakistan sang, “Mohabbaton ke safeer hain hum, chaahaton ke amir hain hum.”

While each student wrote down ideas they thought could bring India and Pakistan closer, Deepak Talwar, the Rotarian from Delhi who conceived the student meet, suggested blood donation camps by visiting delegations to seal the hope of peace and friendship. Ameen.

— Times News Network

STUDENTS’ CHARTER

• Easier visa regime for all

• Accurate portrayal of each other in the media

• Visa on arrival for students

• Student exchange programmes

• More admission facilities for Pakistan students in Indian institutions

• Revival of cricketing ties

• Exchange of musicians, artists and other cultural ambassadors

• Creation of a permanent platform where students from both countries can interact

---------- Post added at 02:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 PM ----------

United we stand: Pakistan, India students

everyone knows this.
only thing that we have a problem with is pakistan's policy towards India and its support of terrorism. we don't have any other issues.

B.B.A kids and their colourful Dreams but don't have spirit to make it real Thats why they are just B.B.A kids.:pop:
As an business administrator its Gud idea. Cuz Economical ties with nieghbour definatly will be supportive for our economy.:)
Most have figured out FYI its not GOP policy its Pak Army's policy
Yea! Mostly These Rafzi centric policies are creating trouble for our country..:confused:

India's problem with Pakistan has never been with the Pakistani people- far from it- but with the sections in the Pakistani establishment who will stop at nothing to hurt India and sadly have succeeded on too many occasions. This sort of people-people does very little unfortunately because nothing will change as long as those groups remain within the Pakistani establishment and Pakistani soil is used to attack India.

everyone knows this.
only thing that we have a problem with is pakistan's policy towards India and its support of terrorism. we don't have any other issues.

yes all terrorism in India is because of Pakistan then what about all terrorism in Pakistan and support for Baluchi terrorists? who i s behind this?

Indias policy towards Pakistan since its independence is equally bad if not worse but you as a Indian will not see it. It started before partition to till now. Newton uncle said every wrong action bring equal wrong reaction :D

yes all terrorism in India is because of Pakistan then what about all terrorism in Pakistan and support for Baluchi terrorists? who i s behind this?

Indias policy towards Pakistan since its independence is equally bad if not worse but you as a Indian will not see it. It started before partition to till now. Newton uncle said every wrong action bring equal wrong reaction :D

Why can't you show the evidence of Indian involvement at all international platforms .. the way you crib about Kashmir ?

Why can't you show the evidence of Indian involvement at all international platforms .. the way you crib about Kashmir ?

I can post evidence where your agents were arrested in Pakistan but you will call them fake videos so no point to bring evidence when you know peoples will not accept it. Same is case with India you need to prove that Pakistan army was supporting lashkare taiba

The trouble you see in Kashmir is because India took Kashmir by using force/army and also india involved in east vs west pak conflict to weakened the strength of Pakistan and now you guys are supporting balochi terrorist haha. Can one country go against another without any reasons? why no jiahadi and terrorist attacks in Iran and china.

I can post evidence where your agents were arrested in Pakistan but you will call them fake videos so no point to bring evidence when you know peoples will not accept it. Same is case with India you need to prove that Pakistan army was supporting lashkare taiba

The trouble you see in Kashmir is because India took Kashmir by using force/army and also india involved in east vs west pak conflict to weakened the strength of Pakistan and now you guys are supporting balochi terrorist haha. Can one country go against another without any reasons? why no jiahadi and terrorist attacks in Iran and china/

:lol: You miss the point... why don't you produce the evidence in front of the world to prove India is exporting terrorism in Pakistan just like we did ? I think you have got a lot of scolding from around the world including china on terror ..isn't it ?

You can cry about kashmir all the time but can't do a heck about Indian sponsored terrorism in Pakistan... what is that ?

:lol: You miss the point... why don't you produce the evidence in front of the world to prove India is exporting terrorism in Pakistan just like we did ? I think you have got a lot of scolding from around the world including china on terror ..isn't it ?

what evidence you presented to the world. Can i see it ? :D

You can cry about kashmir all the time but can't do a heck about Indian sponsored terrorism in Pakistan... what is that ?

I am not crying i am just telling you the reasons why India and Pakistan have issues with each others since partition. Its totally insane to put all blame on Pakistan when india created these conflicts even before partition. Your leaders were against pakistan before even its creation :)

we have almost tackled terrorism within Pakistan but you were not telling that who trained these terrorist and where they got weapons from? Did Pakistani army carried terrroist attacks against Pakistan army and Pakistani civilians ? :lol:

• Easier visa regime for all

Not for all, only people seeking medical treatments or diplomats/celebrities. VISA rules should stay strict for tourists/visitors. They haven't earned our trust yet.

• Accurate portrayal of each other in the media

Our media is not state controlled, they will sell news which will attract eyeballs. Nothing can't be done on this part.

• Visa on arrival for students

Are you kidding me?

• Student exchange programmes

Indians are not really keen to visit the other side of the border.

• More admission facilities for Pakistan students in Indian institutions

Depends, Please no QUOTA here. :P

• Revival of cricketing ties

No problem with that, if Pakistani players have no problem to play with small heart'ed Indians.

• Exchange of musicians, artists and other cultural ambassadors

Already happening.

• Creation of a permanent platform where students from both countries can interact

No problem with that, But permanent?

Will depend on the next action by any terrorist organisation. :rolleyes:

what evidence you presented to the world. Can i see it ? :D

I am not crying i am just telling you the reasons why India and Pakistan have issues with each others since partition. Its totally insane to put all blame on Pakistan when india created these conflicts even before partition. Your leaders were against pakistan before even its creation :)

we have almost tackled terrorism within Pakistan but you were not telling that who trained these terrorist and where they got weapons from? Did Pakistani army carried terrroist attacks against Pakistan army and Pakistani civilians ? :lol:

With all due respect you cannot say that Pakistan has not been sending terrorists to Kashmir. People like Hamid Gul (who is pretty high up in the ISI) have openly stated in their national interviews that we suppport Kashmirs independence movement and train freedom fighters (Jihadis). India as a government policy has not uttered single word about Balochistan (it should, since Pak does same thing with Kashmir). Never has an Indian of significance in the political or intelligence field ever said anything about Balochistan.

4 ladke aur 4 ladkiya, par ye middle mai baal kati kaun hai..student to nahi lagti?:undecided:

Once the Kashmir issue is resolved, to Pakistan their way and to India theirs. I don't see much of a point in "interacting" with India, except for maybe trade, as it won't do any good to either sides. These students can keep on dreaming, but hopefully their childish dreams won't ever be realised.

Back
Top Bottom