What's new

Under Rajiv Gandhi, India was ready with H-Bomb

Now read this Intel report Published by
Source: Janes Intelligence Review, January 1998

''How tritium extracted from
CANDU-type power reactors
supports India's H-Bomb capability''

http://www.ccnr.org/india_tritium.html

The best way to measure if an HBomb was tested is by the size of explosion. By this measurement,
India has not tested an H bomb. I'm not saying that India does not have H bomb as that is another topic. However, the 1989 test does not include a H bomb. They were all Hiroshima size bombs.

Lol. The same article states Indian nuclear security is very tight or tough for intelligence to gain information. Its the same now. No-one exactly knows what they do. Then there are orgs which tell Indian nuclear security is less cos they dont have any information :lol: According to some, less information is equal to low security.

I would say just one thing an ex DRDO scientist told me. If the enemies over-estimate us, better, if they underestimate us, then even better :D

The best way to measure if an HBomb was tested is by the size of explosion. By this measurement,
India has not tested an H bomb. I'm not saying that India does not have H bomb as that is another topic. However, the 1989 test does not include a H bomb. They were all Hiroshima size bombs.

No-body will test Megaton bombs in a desert :hitwall: They will just test and validate the design for a smaller type, based on which larger bombs will be developed and deployed on warheads.

1998 tests were done on a small scale to validate the theory and practicality of those designs. And they were successful. You do realise some countries can develop bombs based on computer design simulation alone?

Lol. The same article states Indian nuclear security is very tight or tough for intelligence to gain information. Its the same now. No-one exactly knows what they do. Then there are orgs which tell Indian nuclear security is less cos they dont have any information :lol: According to some, less information is equal to low security.

I would say just one thing an ex DRDO scientist told me. If the enemies over-estimate us, better, if they underestimate us, then even better :D

No-body will test Megaton bombs in a desert :hitwall: They will just test and validate the design for a smaller type, based on which larger bombs will be developed and deployed on warheads.

1998 tests were done on a small scale to validate the theory and practicality of those designs. And they were successful. You do realise some countries can develop bombs based on computer design simulation alone?

In that case, any country can claim possession of nukes without really have them. So testing is important. India as of now has not tested a real H Bomb despite one excuse after another from you.

No tests were conducted in 1989, so where is the question of size of explosion?

In that case, any country can claim possession of nukes without really have them. So testing is important. India as of now has not tested a real H Bomb despite one excuse after another from you.

Case in point..Israel!
Now go argue with the Israelis and the world that they don't possess a bomb!

Germany, Japan are some of the countries who can design and test an H-bomb in a couple of months. They have the know-how technology to make it. But their past prevents them from making it. Simple as that.

Its really stupid in today's age to test an actual test an 100 megaton bomb in earth. You just need to validate the technology and design for building a larger one based on the small one. That's what computer simulation is for. Israel is an prime example as pointed by someone above me

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom