What's new

UN bans Jamaat-ud-Dawa; declares it a terror outfit

The whole world can believe anything, but they need to provide PROOF of guilt.
Normally, it is a proof in itself if the whole world believes in the same thing.

Normally, it is a proof in itself if the whole world believes in the same thing.
I think that is an example of ad populum - a logical fallacy.

You are trying to trivialize the facts in my post by your quote which is incorrect in this context.
1. Argumentum ad populum in logic, is a fallacious argument that concludes a proposition to be true only because many or all people believe it.
My post is not about many or all people's belief, or mass appeal. It is about the belief & conviction of many or all NATIONS except Pakistan. First NATIONs vs people is a big differrence, for which ad populum is not relevant..

Now this conviction leads them (the nations) to join togethor in a UNSC resolution, An international body like UNSC is not convinced by simple hearsay & news reports, but based on reviewing the whole body of evidence. Their decision will also be influenced by circumstances, previous history of behaviour, international reputation & clout of affected parties...
There is the most important difference.

2. I also have quoted some of the rational voices in your own media, who are not addicted by the myopia which is prevalent in many a poster here. The whole history of post 9/11 as indicated in my other references also has to be seen.

So it is about the totality of the facts presented in my earlier post including the aspects listed above, & some referred articles.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom