What's new

Ukraine Defence Forum

I also believe that a universal chassis for MBT, IFV and SPH would be a wise idea. Yes, such a design might be too pricey to adopt across the entirety of Pakistan's armour force, but it should be doable for the Strike Corps. They will benefit from a common logistics and maintenance channel. If the Haider is still alive, I believe it should be aimed at a universal armour platform, be it a clean-sheet system (designed in collaboration with Ukraine or China) or derived from the Oplot-M (which reportedly has IFV and SPH versions in development).

Imagine:

Custom Oplot-M with 6TD-3 (1,500 hp) diesel engine; 125 mm gun capable of ATGM and basebleed and high velocity shells; remote weapon station; Aselsan electronics; Aselsan Akkor APS with hard-kill.

Berserk IFV (link) with 6TD-3 diesel engine; 30 mm auto-cannon; 7.62 coaxial machine gun; optional 105 mm gun for tank-destroyer/flanker role.

Oplot SPH (link) with 6TD-3 diesel engine; 155 mm/52-cal gun capable of basebleed and high-velocity shells; maybe use the Denel T6-52 turret and gun system (link)
SEE!!

That what i am talking about

Mouth Watering, isnt it? :)

(BTW Sir, i never get if Bilal Quwa and sada Quwa are same :P ) ??

@Bilal Khan (Quwa)
@Kaptaan
@Signalian
@The-Eagle
@ali_raza
@path-finder
@Arsalan
@HRK
@Penguin

Exclusive!

In 2016, the state company "Ukrspetsexport" has delivered to the Office of Defence Industry of the Republic of the Union of Myanmar, a set of equipment for the production of light armored vehicles - welded shells BTR-4U enclosure and self-propelled howitzers 2S1U. In particular, the complete sheet was shipped 15 tons of weight assembly - welding booth (slipway) TO53.1329-270 for the assembly and testing of the configuration housings BTR-4U.

Reference:
Earlier, in 2003-2006, Myanmar, Ukraine supplied 92 kits for assembly production in the Republic of the Union of Myanmar Ukrainian BTR-3U.

Oplot SPH (link) with 6TD-3 diesel engine; 155 mm/52-cal gun capable of basebleed and high-velocity shells; maybe use the Denel T6-52 turret and gun system (link)
There are a number of turret in the market that could be candidates for this:

UK VSEL Armaments GBT 155 (as found on AS-90 SPGH) on T-72
upload_2017-2-28_13-54-34.jpeg

Slovak 155 mm ShKH Himalaya (essentially a Zuzana turret mounted on a T-72 chassis.) designed by Konštrukta Trenčín and built by ZTS Dubnica nad Váhom
upload_2017-2-28_14-0-52.jpeg

Feench AU-F1 GCT turret (on T-72 chassis)
f1_gct_l12.jpg

South African Denel T-6 (on T-72)
t6_woeriwor.jpg

German Rheinmetall 155mm AGM (here on LEO2, but has also mounted on Boxer 8x8 AFV)
AGM_Leo.JPG

@Glavcom can tell the number of T-80s in reserve/storage in Ukraine ....??

What would be needed to bring those back to a state that they are fit for action?

Conduct overhaul by the full dismantling of the installation of the new gas turbine engine GTD-1000 and the modernization of the protection by installing a complex hinged ERA "Kontakt-1"

dozor-b_8.jpg

Ukrainian Dozor-B with combat module Vii

dozor-b_8.jpg

Ukrainian Dozor-B with combat module Vii

Back
Top Bottom