What's new

UK NHS Collapsed? Scared British Healthworkers refuse to work without PPEs | Misreporting Death Data

Bro, I am not trying to defend the Tories without good reason as I never voted for them and never would.

This crisis has been brought home to me as my brother's friend's mother passed away yesterday from Covid-19. :(She was around 70 and so in the same vulnerable group as my mother.

The Tories have systematically been eating away at the NHS for the last 10 years and the UK started this crisis with the worst healthcare system out of the 5 major W European countries(UK, France, Germany, Spain and Italy).

Despite this, and again I hate to have to make this comparison, the UK seems to be managing as well as the French who are generally regarded to have a better and more well-funded healthcare system than the UK(12% of GDP on healthcare compared to 10% in the UK).

We need to give the Tories the credit where it is due:

1. 1000 Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) devices are being produced daily.
2. Mass production of the Penlon sophisticated ventilator and the ambulance-type Smith device will start next week and this will scale up to 1500 of both models each week from the first week of May.
3. NHS Nightingale in London already open and others all over the country currently being made ready which will be fully equipped quickly as listed above.
4. A "lockdown" that is less severe than that in France/Italy and Spain and therefore making all our lives a little bit more bearable.

UK economy is not faring any worse than other comparable ones and the IMF predicts the UK to have the least(severe) recession in Western Europe.

For the UK NHS to be coping as well as the world-class French healthcare system shows that after their initial bumbling and dithering the Tories are managing this crisis as well as can be expected.
Sorry to hear about your brother's friend mother. It all in Allah's hand, give us all patience to bear this deadly virus which is killing so many people and destroying 50% human lungs who survive this.

Without a doubt Tories never fixed the NHS, look at the hospitals have to wait hours to get a small treatment, people hate the long waits in UK NHS Hospitals.

The reason why i say UK did not manage well is, UK had two ahead of other European nations particularly Italy, they kept on waiting for something, God knows what, it stuck UK and it stuck them so hard that families in families are beginning to die in UK.

1. 1000 Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) devices are as good as having little benefit, you know when a person goes on ventilators, almost 80%-90% persons never survive it. CPAP devices all destory lungs. Anyway something is better than nothing.

I feel Labour would have handled much better.

@UKBengali @313ghazi - Whats the latest update in community related Covid-19 in UK?

@Adam_Khan You recovered from Cornavirus symptoms?

Insider savages UK coronavirus response – ‘A massive spider’s web of failing’

A DOWNING STREET advisor has said the risk of a pandemic was no longer being treated as a number one priority by the Government ahead of the coronavirus outbreak.

By Gursimran Hans

Britain has now recorded 15,464 confirmed deaths from coronavirus. The source said that in the 2000s planning for such an event had been well-funded. Speaking to the Sunday Times, they said: “We were the envy of the world.”

However, they claimed cuts brought in following the 2008 financial crisis scaled back this funding.

BACK BRITAIN'S BRAVE NHS HEROES - CLICK HERE NOW

Referring to senior health workers they said: “They would joke between themselves, ‘Haha let’s hope we don’t get a pandemic,’ because there wasn’t a single area of practice that was being nurtured in order for us to meet basic requirements for pandemic, never mind do it well.

If you were with senior NHS managers at all during the last two years, you were aware that their biggest fear, their sweatiest nightmare, was a pandemic because they weren’t prepared for it.”

The source said Government departments failed to properly implement their pandemic plans in February.

Referring to the UK response they commented: “It was a massive spider’s web of failing, every domino has fallen.”

UK politics failed the country with delayed response, with most white British deaths it went on blaiming China etc.

Back
Top Bottom