UK awards Pakistani engineer

BATMAN

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
UK awards Pakistani engineer

National News

PESHAWAR: The Institute of Physics, London has awarded status of the Chartered Engineer to Professor Dr Yaseen Iqbal Yousufzai, working as a foreign professor at the University of Peshawar's Department of Physics University of Peshawar.

He is the first Pakistani Scientist who has been awarded with this prestigious status from this institute.

Dr Iqbal hails from Toolandai village of District Swabi. He did his Masters in Physics in 1987 from the Gomal University, Dera Ismail Khan, and PhD in Engineering Materials in 1997 from the University of Sheffield, England.

After working for many years at the Department of Engineering Materials, University of Sheffield, Prof Iqbal joined the Department of Physics, University of Peshawar, as a Foreign Professor in November 2004.

He has published several articles in peer reviewed international journals of the material and applied sciences such as Journal of the Non-Crystalline Solids, Journal of the American Ceramics Society, British Ceramics Transactions, Applied Physics, Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials and Journal of the European Ceramics Society, the press release added.

During his service at the Sheffield University, Prof Iqbal worked as joint consultant with Professor W E Lee and lead research in several areas of Materials Engineering including Glass Ceramics, Vitreous Ceramics, Electro-Ceramics and Ultra Low Loss Soft Magnetic Alloys.

Now-a-days, apart from teaching courses in Physics, he is struggling hard for the development of a Science &Technology based culture in Pakistan and has been organizing a number of events in the University.

Mashallah. This is awesome. Hope the government takes notice of this and asked this master mind to work in Pakistan and make some sort of history.:pakistan:

Mashallah. This is awesome. Hope the government takes notice of this and asked this master mind to work in Pakistan and make some sort of history.:pakistan:

We are all proud of this achievement, but nothing awsome about it. As an engineer myself, there are thousands and thousands of Chartered Engineers around. All it takes is a suitable degree, appropriate training for a couple of years and a few years experience in responsible position - a small team leader role will do.

Any body interested in becoming a chartered engineer, check various links by googling
"uk chartered engineer".

This made the news in Pakistan? Wow man...no offence...but you guys must be seriously deprived of good news.

This made the news in Pakistan? Wow man...no offence...but you guys must be seriously deprived of good news.

It's called a general interest story.....I doubt it was a banner headline. there are actual messages behind the story rather than the fact of the award.

It's called a general interest story.....I doubt it was a banner headline. there are actual messages behind the story rather than the fact of the award.

Agreed totally. C.Eng is equivqlent to PE in North America. I met many many PEs on American Corps of Engineers administered contracts in Middle east a couple of decades ago. Usually, C.Eng gives hardly any advantage for jobs, especially in IT - so people do not feel need for paying annual fees just for some letters after their name. But in Civil Engineering C.Eng is a lot more valuable due to statutory requirements for public funded projects.
Just go to this link if you need more infoormation:

ECUK - The Registration Process

Although I am a corporate member of two of the Engineering Council institutions, but have not bothered to apply for C.Eng, as it would not do any thing for my career or pay.

Dear All
A friend of mine intends to apply for a C.Eng status to the Institute of Physics, London. He is a Pakistani and needs two names from Pakistan who have a C.Eng. status from the Institute of Physics, London as supporters for the application.
I have found one, I need just one other name.
I will be thankful for your cooperation.

Regards

yi

Mashallah... Good going

Peshawar University is the single most university in the world where Education starts from the lowest level (nursery, playgroups etc) and ends at the highest level (PhD, Doctorate etc)?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom