What's new

Udaipur : Images of a traditional ceremony

third eye

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Some time ago I was in Udaipur where I witnessed a old traditional ceremony in the Palace of HH Arvind Singh. The erstwhile ruler of Udaipur State.

The ceremony was about the old tradition of rulers respecting their horses in a traditional manner . This happens each year around Dusherra .

An old tradition that is still followed with pomp.

Am sharing images.

A close up of the Palace

EaGEt.jpg

FsNN7.jpg

All set for the ceremony to start.

tAPjZ.jpg

The procession preceding the Ruler emerges. Led by a Bhisti ( water carrier), a sweeper follows and then the drum beater..

THCZC.jpg

Horses from the Royal Stables are brought to be prayed to & fed by the Royal priest & the Ruler then led away.

tex0W.jpg

lBti1.jpg

Sz3Rz.jpg

The son of the Rulers stands behind his father to his right.

RZfBf.jpg

fKbgi.jpg

The State Coat of arms

8peHO.jpg

Images of some grand old machines belonging to the state garages

The Rolls the ruler used for the party thereafter with the liveried driver..

pMI8X.jpg

Images of some grand old machines belonging to the state garages

The Rolls parked in the garage

dWBvw.jpg

Ja5Zs.jpg

AKzQ4.jpg

Beautiful pics bro :cheers:

I remember watching a show on the travel channel with the Raja of Udaipur, I'll try to look it up.

Found it :D

Last edited by a moderator:
i saw his palace in a show. grand one indeed.

They still have lavish life style. the subjects are the same old poor solmnly following these raja mahrajas

i saw his palace in a show. grand one indeed.

They still have lavish life style. the subjects are the same old poor solmnly following these raja mahrajas

Wrong.

They have no subjects.

They have shed their royalty status. They have however retained selectively ( with approval of the Govt) some of their old properties which they have let out as hotels.

The rentals are their main sources of income on which they pay taxes like anyone else.

Besides this, their premises & cars etc are often used for movie shootings - Hollywood & Bollywood. This is also a huge revenue earner. In addition they have converted their properties to museums where their old things are displayed - these provide employment & pay for themselves.

Wrong.

They have no subjects.

They have shed their royalty status. They have however retained selectively ( with approval of the Govt) some of their old properties which they have let out as hotels.

The rentals are their main sources of income on which they pay taxes like anyone else.

Besides this, their premises & cars etc are often used for movie shootings - Hollywood & Bollywood. This is also a huge revenue earner. In addition they have converted their properties to museums where their old things are displayed - these provide employment & pay for themselves.

Huge income. thats why they still have a lavish life style.

This is the same guy who cooked mutton for Anthony Bourdain.

Back
Top Bottom