What's new

UCAV from Curuise missle?

Jamshed

New Recruit

Reaction score
hi i just wanted to ask a question that as we know that cruise missile use jet engine instead of rocket den is it possible to modify cruise missile into ucav which can be controlled by human ? like babur can carry weight upto 1500 kg which is more den enuf to carry weapon and also more jet fuel to increase operational range . i think it will be possible as it already have onboard camera and as i heared dr samar mubarak mand that it have the capability to travel back n forth like a jet .....

as far as i know cruise missles from ucav were converted by israel

who says babur has payload capacity of 1500 kg.. lolex!
as far as converting a cruise missile to UCAV.. its not possible! cheers

Babur GLCM has a warhead payload of 300kg.Essentially,Cruise missiles are UCAVs,because they fit the definition.

But a "proper" UCAV is a much complex thing.Conversion of a cruise missile into UCAV requires massive modifications,hence it is always better to consider a new design for a UCAV.Besides,this conversion is highly uneconomical and impractical.

Babur GLCM has a warhead payload of 300kg.Essentially,Cruise missiles are UCAVs,because they fit the definition.

But a "proper" UCAV is a much complex thing.Conversion of a cruise missile into UCAV requires massive modifications,hence it is always better to consider a new design for a UCAV.Besides,this conversion is highly uneconomical and impractical.

Man everything is possible. and this UCAV tech is nothing as for as the technicalities are concerned. Its just a piece of cake. If really our country wants to develop the US matching UCAV it can do that within a year or so. :smokin:

I think, both are different tech.You cant simply merge them.However, Pakistan do have separate programee for both cruise & UCAV that are going ahead smoothly.

IMPOSSIBLE says I M Possible
Illogical would be a better word

---------- Post added at 12:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 PM ----------

I think, both are different tech.You cant simply merge them.However, Pakistan do have separate programee for both cruise & UCAV that are going ahead smoothly.
Are u a relative of Azadpakistan2009?

hi i just wanted to ask a question that as we know that cruise missile use jet engine instead of rocket den is it possible to modify cruise missile into ucav which can be controlled by human ? like babur can carry weight upto 1500 kg which is more den enuf to carry weapon and also more jet fuel to increase operational range . i think it will be possible as it already have onboard camera and as i heared dr samar mubarak mand that it have the capability to travel back n forth like a jet .....

Fair question. Some cruise missiles do use jet engines as well. But since the applications of the two are entirely different, the body designs will significantly differ too. So it's always better to have two seperate teams working on them. But technically,the modification could be done to have a stop gap arrangement.
Since you are speaking of use of missiles as combat aircrafts, you might be interested in knowing about when the exact opposite happened.
images

Kamikaze - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Back
Top Bottom