What's new

UAV's confirm Chinese Army retreated,no Indian Bunker was destroyed.

No.
China had started provocations in this sector. Sending Revenue department officials to the region which would add a stronger claim to the region when the border negotiations happen among other things.
As a response to the Chinese provocations India set up this 'bunker' in April.
China started camping as a response to this setting up of the bunker.

And now, Chinese have agreed to go back to status quo - no provocations that LED to India putting up the bunker in the first place.

Our tacit agreement was not to set up any fixed posts along the LAC.

Fixed posts, not roads or revenue agents or anything like that. If those are seen as provocations then it's still no reason to be the first one to break the tacit agreement.

Reuters is a trusted international source. They are not like NY time.
there are far too many versions of the story, the news houses themselves are taking guesses and using "unnamed" sources.
a couple of tin sheds being removed hardly amounts to anything, the overall infra build-up is likely to continue as planned.

i fear the verbal platitudes being given by GOI/IA are being taken as policy changes by CN members here, this is unlikely to be the case. it is meant more as a face saver for the PLA.

thanks for stating the obvious :tup:

The problem is that Indian media do not report the obvious. So there are many that assume the tents were set up in Indian lands as recognized by China. They do not realized that the land is in dispute even in term of LAC.

Our tacit agreement was not to set up any fixed posts along the LAC.

Fixed posts, not roads or revenue agents or anything like that. If those are seen as provocations then it's still no reason to be the first one to break the tacit agreement.

Sorry, the tacit agreement is with respect to everything.
Its about how NO side will do any action that would jeopardize the relationship between the two countries.

China broke that gentlemen's agreement by starting to send revenue officials coupled with aggressive patrolling. Indian side responded. The Chinese responded to the Indians.

In the end, the Chinese have decided to go back to the status quo - of not doing anything which would affect the relations badly.

You could say that the Chinese decided to play smart and test how far they can push India and India responded aggressively by setting up of the bunker (which is actually no more than a tin shed - but it conveys the point).

Both sides sent a message to the other - and both sides recieved those messages loud and clear.

there are far too many versions of the story, the news houses themselves are taking guesses and using "unnamed" sources.
a couple of tin sheds being removed hardly amounts to anything, the overall infra build-up is likely to continue as planned.

i fear the verbal assurances being given by GOI/IA are being taken as policy changes by CN members here, this is unlikely to be the case.

Reuters and AP are usually more trustworthy than national media such as NY times or TOI. News agency tend to have more sources than just a news paper.

The problem is that Indian media do not report the obvious. So there are many that assume the tents were set up in Indian lands as recognized by China. They do not realized that the land is in dispute even in term of LAC.
many of us do realize the drama played out by the media, relax.

Reuters and AP are usually more trustworthy than national media such as NY times or TOI. News agency tend to have more sources than just a news paper.
keyword being "usually"

many of us do realize the drama played out by the media, relax.

keyword being "usually"

True. But the odds are that Reuters report correctly given the situation of why China suddenly would leave. They certainly get some of what they were seeking but not everything. Remove a structure put up after the stand off just does not make sense as a concession. So Reuter's report make the most logic.

True. But the odds are that Reuters report correctly given the situation of why China suddenly would leave. They certainly get some of what they were seeking but not everything. Remove a structure put up after the stand off just does not make sense as a concession. So Reuter's report make the most logic.
i think you're misunderstanding me, i'm not debating whether or not the shed was taken down.
the point i'm trying to make is that i'm personally not taking such platitudes too seriously, the overall thrust of infra development is likely to continue as planned.

if a tin shed removal was a sufficient face saver, then i'm all for GOI to give cheap face savers to the PLA

Its the same Italian Marines story all over again. It seems to me that some Pakistani members are getting into the habit of breaking out the bubbly too soon with an obvious consequence of the egg on the face syndrome ;)

Biggest lie of the year, the fact is:
chiense din't withdraw (Aajtak)
Bukers were destroyed (Main stream media)

Why so much of conspiracy news?

Khangress got the money deposited in Siwzz account why would they allow all these things?

India not agressive
Indian Foreign minister is stupid and ISI sympahtizer
Chinese didnt moved back as per the lastest report
India destroyed bunkers and said it wouldnt build it
conclusion: china got what they want

We still ahve to get what we want: Modi...

Sorry, the tacit agreement is with respect to everything.
Its about how NO side will do any action that would jeopardize the relationship between the two countries.

China broke that gentlemen's agreement by starting to send revenue officials coupled with aggressive patrolling. Indian side responded. The Chinese responded to the Indians.

In the end, the Chinese have decided to go back to the status quo - of not doing anything which would affect the relations badly.

You could say that the Chinese decided to play smart and test how far they can push India and India responded aggressively by setting up of the bunker (which is actually no more than a tin shed - but it conveys the point).

Both sides sent a message to the other - and both sides recieved those messages loud and clear.

Back
Top Bottom