What's new

UAV strides by Pakistan and China spur India to expedite Israeli drone purchase

Ind4Ever

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
UAV strides by Pakistan and China spur India to expedite Israeli drone purchase

(JNS.org) India has accelerated plans to purchase Israeli drones that can be armed amid concerns regarding its conflict with Pakistan over Kashmir and its border dispute with China. Just weeks ago Pakistan reported using a homemade drone while attacking militants on its soil.

An Indian defense source said that while the plan to buy Israeli unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) was first established three years ago, India has asked Israel for a speedy delivery in the wake of both Pakistan and China developing their own drone capabilities. India has already purchased and deployed some Israeli drones along the Kashmir mountains for surveillance, and along its disputed border with China.

In September the Indian government approved the purchase of 10 Heron TP drones from Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI) that can be equipped with weapons, according to an Indian air force official.

The former Head of the government-funded Center for Land Warfare Studies in New Delhi Gurmeet Kanwal said that the Israeli-purchased Heron drones that will enter into Indian service by 2016 will allow India to conduct deep strikes, Reuters reported.

Posted on September 22, 2015 by JNS.org.

UAV strides by Pakistan and China spur India to expedite Israeli drone purchase — JNS.org

why purchase from israel ... while your both neighbours can provide you these

:pakistan::china:

Are u saying our neighbors one which produces and one which get it for free have more advanced drone technology than Israel? Lol just answer it man made I will tell about your thoughts and motive :enjoy:

our air bases are not attacked repeatedly by militants. .
American droned you first , now you're droning yourself:smokin:

we are droning militants not our self... and we are kicking militants ***.. that's why Terrorism declined more then 70% ....

Your Army camps are attacked by Kashmiri Mujahids... In south it's attacked by Naxalites...

Interesting, India has importing lot of stuffs from foreign countries, which means they failed their own projects.

:disagree:
Short term enjoyment. Enjoy when ever you can forget butt hurt reality brother. It's a necessary to human to to enjoy what ever the reality is. So enjoy brother

our air bases are not attacked repeatedly by militants. .
American droned you first , now you're droning yourself:smokin:
yea but your camps are attacked in Kashmir arnt they? and then your state strangulates the reports about attacks on your army convey in Kashmir. by the way Americans are droning TTP in Afghanistan as well because we are also droning within Pakistan . want me to provide the link as a proof of TTP *** getting busted by US drones in Afghanistan or do you believe me

Let me get it straight: Weren't Indians jumping and making fun of Pakistan for being happy about the home made drone. And that Indian home-made technologies are the greatest in the region etc, they don't care about small things like drones.

And now all of a sudden, they want to have stuff from others, whatever happened to create your own stuff AND drones are just toys, :lol:

@Ind4Ever Why do we need more drones to counter our adversaries drones? Are we going to do dogfights with them ?

I wonder what kind of defence source was that who said this at first place . Unless they ain't stealth these drones are much bigger threat to terrorists than a professional military.

Anyways can be wrong plz correct me.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@Abingdonboy is this news credible y do we need more drones to counter that of our adversaries? I can understand in a war situation the side which has more drones will have better surveillance and hence situational awareness but I doubt Burraq increases our need of the hour for drones.

IMHO its just a regular acquisition with bad journalism.

Last edited:
@Ind4Ever Why do we need more drones to counter our adversaries drones? Are we going to do dogfights with them ?

I wonder what kind of defence source was that who said this at first place . Unless they ain't stealth these drones are much bigger threat to terrorists than a professional military.

Anyways can be wrong plz correct me.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@Abingdonboy is this news credible y do we need more drones to counter that of our adversaries? I can understand in a war situation the side which has more drones will have better surveillance and hence situational awareness but I doubt Burraq increases our need of the hour for drones.

IMHO its just a regular acquisition with bad journalism.
This is utter horse$hit. One doesn't procure UAVs in response to an enemy having UAVs!

India's procurement of UAVs (armed or otherwise) and development of its indentured UAV/UCAV projects is entirely related to specific operational requirements but has no relevance to Pakistan's or China's Own UAV procurements- that is beyond absurd.

There's nothing special about the Burraq and certainly nothing that warrants specific procurements by India. If India's air defence system can take down supersonic fighters (as it designed to do) a slow moving UAV is no worry. India has had the option of procuring armed UAVs for years but has only exercised this option recently based on its own specific security needs whatever they may be.

Back
Top Bottom