What's new

UAE Shows Off A Compact Box Launcher Concept Full Of 21 AI-Enabled Swarming Suicide Drones

We will see many more products at IDEX and Dubai Airshow 2023 brother.
Not only military systems.. Just answering @Solidify ( to have him rest his case and relax HaHa!)..

The UAE has made:

Aircrafts: Calidus B-250 and B-350
1654299165772.png

Cars
1654299297775.png

1654299363356.png

1654299445365.png

EVs
1654299538112.png

1654299601902.png

Microprocessors
1654299987826.png

1654300059994.png

1654300091264.png

A new company owned by the Abu Dhabi Government will become the world's second-largest maker of microprocessors after the announcement of a venture in which as much as US$8 billion (Dh29.3bn) will be invested. In strengthening its ties with AMD, Mubadala Development Company sealed its reputation as a long-term investor in growth industries such as technology, energy, aerospace and health care. The deal "significantly reshapes the global semiconductor industry", said Waleed al Mokarrab, the chief operating officer of Mubadala, who will assume a leading role in the venture. He said the tie-up could even see Abu Dhabi become home to some of the most advanced industrial infrastructure and technology on the planet.

https://www.thenationalnews.com/bus...lead-role-in-microchip-manufacturing-1.527731

Quantum computer
1654300986002.png

1654301159365.png

The emirate is building its own quantum computer, the first in the UAE, in collaboration with Barcelona-based Qilimanjaro Quantum Tech

In partnership with Barcelona-based startup Qilimanjaro Quantum Tech, Abu Dhabi’s Technology Innovation Institute (TII) formed the Quantum Research Centre (QRC), an international centre of excellence for research into quantum technologies. The centre’s chief researcher is José Ignacio Latorre, who took a leave of absence from his full professorship in theoretical physics at the University of Barcelona to work on a series of projects involving particle physics.

TII is the dedicated “applied research” pillar of Abu Dhabi’s newly established Advanced Technology Research Council (ATRC). “We are at the cusp of a new era with the advent of quantum computing,” said Faisal Al Bannai, secretary general of ATRC, in an official statement. “We are proud to embark on building one of these wonderful machines which will help us in various fields, from discovering new medicines, to making new materials, to designing better batteries, to various artificial intelligence applications.”

Although quantum computers will never be able to perform the vast majority of the algorithms that supercomputers perform today, there is a small set of problems that quantum computers will be able to solve much more quickly than supercomputers. In fact, in some cases – decryption of RSA keys, for example – supercomputers are so slow that they could not find a solution in a billion years.

“The first step in the process is to build a laboratory, equip it and complete installation of the cleanroom equipment, all of which is on track,” said Latorre in a QRC press release on 21 April 2021. “Once done, the first qubits will be prepared, characterised and benchmarked. We expect the first simple quantum chips ‘made in Abu Dhabi’ should come by the end of the summer.”

Like most organisations that build quantum computers, the QRC overran its stated schedule. But it might be forgiven, because its plan to start out small seems sound in a field where hyperbole is the norm.

The Abu Dhabi team’s reasonable ambition is to first experiment with one qubit, then two and three to learn to manage the inherent instability of qubits and the ways they are measured. Eventually, the centre expects to produce a usable quantum computer based on a relatively small number of high-quality qubits.

https://www.computerweekly.com/news...the-race-to-produce-a-usable-quantum-computer

https://www.thenationalnews.com/uae...er-could-help-solve-the-mysteries-of-science/

The UAE is working on all that you've mentioned.. you're just not informed enough..
First of all I am all for UAE with lots of wishes to further excel in the fields.
However contrary to the development of technologies in these fields goes to show how, what, whom will they market dominate with what products to sell in competitive edge against Honda in autos, Boeing of US & Amd microprocessors of California ? Secondly,how will they penetrate the saturated market so to speak???

First of all I am all for UAE with lots of wishes to further excel in the fields.
However contrary to the development of technologies in these fields goes to show how, what, whom will they market dominate with what products to sell in competitive edge against Honda in autos, Boeing of US & Amd microprocessors of California ? How will they penetrate the market so to speak???
Man.. the UAE is doing this for itself first..to absorb and master these highly advanced technologies.. make competitive products.. The market of 500 million Arabs is big enough.. if you want to know about the market.. Africa is a 1.300 billion population market.. these are already a 2 billion population market.. and there is more if the price is right.. The market penetration and shares are based on the 3 Ps of marketing.. Product, Promotion and Price.. the UAE knows this.. these are the essence of Marketing..

Last edited:
It was a scrapped project, not a weapon system that Israel's security relies on
If I remember correctly. Levi was scrapped because of American pressure as it was deemed better than the f16. When I was studying at Cranfield some on my lecturers had worked on the levi project as stress and design engineers.

If I remember correctly. Levi was scrapped because of American pressure as it was deemed better than the f16. When I was studying at Cranfield some on my lecturers had worked on the levi project as stress and design engineers.
US didn't want the Lavi to compete with the F-16

Back
Top Bottom