What's new

UAE rolling out Chinese vaccine to all citizens and residents

beijingwalker

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
China
UAE rolling out Chinese vaccine to all citizens and residents
Emirates was one of three Arab countries that began vaccinating last week, along with Saudi Arabia and Bahrain
November%203%2C2020%20shows%20Dubai%27s%20Ruler%20and%20UAE%20Vice%20President%20Sheikh%20Mohammed%20bin%20Rashid%20Al-Maktoum%20receiving%20an%20injection%20of%20a%20COVID-19%20coronavirus%20vaccine.%20Dubai%27%20ruler%20has%20received%20an%20experimental%20coronavirus%20vaccine%20AFP.jpg

Dubai's ruler and UAE Vice President Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum receiving an experimental Covid-19 vaccine, 2 November 2020 (AFP)

By MEE staff
Published date: 22 December 2020 13:44 UTC |

The United Arab Emirates said it is rolling out a free Covid-19 vaccination to all its residents and citizens, after initially starting to offer a Chinese vaccine in Abu Dhabi on 14 December.

The UAE was one of three Arab countries that began vaccinating last week, along with Saudi Arabia and Bahrain. Some one million Emiratis and eight million foreign residents live in the seven emirates that make up the UAE.

China’s Sinopharm vaccine was registered in the UAE early in December, and it was approved by Emirati health authorities for use in hospitals and clinics.

The Chinese vaccine has been undergoing third-phase trials in the Emirates since July, and it was approved for emergency use for healthcare workers in September. Sinopharm was tested on 31,000 volunteers and UAE authorities said it showed an 86 percent efficacy rate.

China has four vaccine products in the final stages of development, three of which - including Sinopharm - use an inactivated form of the novel coronavirus to boost immunity.

This means they only need to be refrigerated and can be easily distributed, compared to jabs developed by rivals Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna, which have reported efficacy of 95 percent and 94 percent, respectively, but which need to be transported at minus 70 degrees Celsius and minus 20 degrees Celsius.

However, Chinese drugmakers have not released any data on their vaccines' safety or efficacy.

Two vaccines have undergone third-phase trials in the UAE: the Sinopharm project and Russia's Sputnik V, named after the Soviet-era satellite.

Dubai ruler Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum said in November that he had been given an experimental Covid-19 vaccine, joining other top UAE officials to take part in the trials.

Last week, Bahrain said that it had approved the Sinopharm vaccine and had launched a registration scheme online for citizens and residents.

Saudi Arabia last week became one of the first Arab countries to start vaccinating people with the Pfizer-BioNTech shot.

Qatar, Kuwait and Oman are also expecting to receive their first Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine shipments this week.

UAE says Chinese vaccine up to 100% effective against Covid

A 100 % effective vaccine. Thats a breakthrough in medical science as even the old proven vaccines are not 100 % effective.
Chinese have done it again.

UAE says Chinese vaccine up to 100% effective against Covid

I'm confused, the news report you posted says 70% of the population of Dubai will be inoculated with Pfizer /BioNTech!?
So why aren't they using the cheaper 100% effective Chinese super piggy vaccine? :lol:

Meanwhile, Dubai is planning to inoculate 70% of its population with the Covid-19 vaccine produced by Pfizer and BioNTech by the end of 2021, in a campaign free of charge for citizens and residents, a health official said on Tuesday.

I'm confused, the news report you posted says 70% of the population of Dubai will be inoculated with Pfizer /BioNTech!?
So why aren't they using the cheaper 100% effective Chinese super piggy vaccine? :lol:

Also the article says the efficacy is 86% not 100%. Its 100% of the 86% cases. :hitwall:

Also the article says the efficacy is 86% not 100%. Its 100% of the 86% cases. :hitwall:
yes.. yes ..100% of 86% is a 100% in China it’s the same math they use for Chinese GDP growth.

yes.. yes ..100% of 86% is a 100% in China it’s the same math they use for Chinese GDP growth.
So now a UAE newspaper is Chinese owned? Chinese vaccines is the only hope you guys have, first the neonazis Brazilians sabotage our trials by injecting infected ppl and now CNN is bashing sinopharm just because Sinovac had lower efficacy. As usual, we will be bashed but over and over, we prove you people wrong. Remember at the start of the pandemic, we were laughed, you ain't laughing now isn't it? Go ahead and use gmo vaccines, we will stick to our own way. After so many media cover ups for Pfitzer, deaths, facial paralysis, and even the pfitzer ceo didn't even dare inject himself, look at the westerm press, defending RNA vaccines, if it was Chinese, we would be hanged alive. We are talking about a few dozen deaths mate.

So now a UAE newspaper is Chinese owned? Chinese vaccines is the only hope you guys have, first the neonazis Brazilians sabotage our trials by injecting infected ppl and now CNN is bashing sinopharm just because Sinovac had lower efficacy. As usual, we will be bashed but over and over, we prove you people wrong. Remember at the start of the pandemic, we were laughed, you ain't laughing now isn't it? Go ahead and use gmo vaccines, we will stick to our own way. After so many media cover ups for Pfitzer, deaths, facial paralysis, and even the pfitzer ceo didn't even dare inject himself, look at the westerm press, defending RNA vaccines, if it was Chinese, we would be hanged alive. We are talking about a few dozen deaths mate.

Yes a few dozen deaths in Norway got Global Times frothing at mouth with joy.

Did Global Times publish the official statement from the Norwegian Health Ministry stating the deaths were not linked to the vaccine? Stop playing the innocent victim card. Chinese on this forum are doing everything they can to discredit non Chinese vaccines almost as if it is a central directive.

I know people that own major media outlets in the UAE. Heck one of my friends is married to a Sheikh, I know exactly how and why the UAE is spinning news around the COVID vaccine.

You can dismiss my statement as speculative but please explain to me why 70% of the population will be inoculated with the Pfizer vaccine while the Chinese vaccine is cheaper, claimed to be safer and 100% effective and in stock. Makes “NO” sense.

Did Global Times publish the official statement from the Norwegian Health Ministry stating the deaths were not linked to the vaccine? Stop playing the innocent victim card. Chinese on this forum are doing everything they can to discredit non Chinese vaccines almost as if it is a central directive.

I know people that own major media outlets in the UAE. Heck one of my friends is married to a Sheikh, I know exactly how and why the UAE is spinning news around the COVID vaccine.

You can dismiss my statement as speculative but please explain to me why 70% of the population will be inoculated with the Pfizer vaccine while the Chinese vaccine is cheaper, claimed to be safer and 100% effective and in stock. Makes “NO” sense.
It's UAE report, if you got any questions, ask UAE government.

It's UAE report, if you got any questions, ask UAE government.

lol, you are failing at your job. You posted an article from Khaleej Times extolling the virtues of Sinovac and missed the fine print stating 70% of the population will be inoculated with the Pfizer vaccine.

do you have to return your 50 cent when you mess up?:o:
..asking for a friend...:lol:

lol, you are failing at your job. You posted an article from Khaleej Times extolling the virtues of Sinovac and missed the fine print stating 70% of the population will be inoculated with the Pfizer vaccine.

What did I miss? I just post a link and the title, didn't put a single word of myself. 50 cents? only a cheap troll like you will settle for this.

Abu Dhabi and the rest of the Emirates have gone the Sinopharm way, while Dubai has gone with Pfizer. From my experience, Abu Dhabi is usually a lot more cautious with their approach. But at the end of the day, this is likely to be a political move to keep both the East and the west happy.

Abu Dhabi and the rest of the Emirates have gone the Sinopharm way, while Dubai has gone with Pfizer. From my experience, Abu Dhabi is usually a lot more cautious with their approach. But at the end of the day, this is likely to be a political move to keep both the East and the west happy.

Yes the Chinese vaccine is a quid-pro-quo arrangement on the part of the UAE government - there are some economic benefits. Pfizer / Moderna or Oxford have no such benefits on the contrary the UAE is paying premium prices to get in front of a very long queue.

My friend, a few dozen deaths not just IN Norway, there were unreported deaths classified as old age too. I am not Emirati but I know the Emir got inoculated with a Chinese vaccine, we know its a working vaccine and it is Safe because if its not, CNN would have skinned us alive. Would you buy geely even if its good? That's brand perfection, people buy Pfizer even when a few dozen died with severe side effects. That's right, a white man's tight slap is better than a Chinese greeting. That's just hundred of years of brainwash.

Back
Top Bottom