What's new

UAE plugs in first nuclear power plant

I am impressed with this project as a whole , but for a small country , with small cities and a small population , i was not impressed with these plants only covering 25% of the energy consumption to be honest , then again, i am not expert on the matter

anyone know if these same plants can be made to produce more than 25% in the future ?

Project is huge. 5000mw generated by 4 reactors once completed.

UAE population is provided with cheap electricity, hence why per capita usage is high. If government raises prices to eliminate subsides, electricity usage will fall. Other way is energy conservation, the population needs the right mentality for that to succeed, unfortunately people love to waste electricity.

Project is huge. 5000mw generated by 4 reactors once completed.

UAE population is provided with cheap electricity, hence why per capita usage is high. If government raises prices to eliminate subsides, electricity usage will fall. Other way is energy conservation, the population needs the right mentality for that to succeed, unfortunately people love to waste electricity.

keep in mind that its Effing hot most of the year and we need fridges and air-cons on the whole time

but yes i agree , waste does take place ...

wow , this really is unexpected !
i think it was expected when thousands of MW power plants /dams/wind mills/solar power was installed day and night this was expected . still thousands of MW will be added every year i don't know what gov will do with it .
22387MW in in pipeline and pakistani public now dont wanna use it anymore as they learnt how to save electricity :P
we have 40000mw installed and 22387 mw in pipeline while pakistanis used 17000mn in winters and 32812 in summer june was recorded . lets see how gov get rid of extra power now .

upcoming are below
hydro
Screenshot_2021-04-10 List of hydroelectric power stations in Pakistan - Wikipedia.png

solid waste

Screenshot_2021-04-10 List of power stations in Pakistan - Wikipedia(5).png

solar
Screenshot_2021-04-10 List of power stations in Pakistan - Wikipedia(4).png

wind
Screenshot_2021-04-10 List of power stations in Pakistan - Wikipedia(3).png

nuclear
Screenshot_2021-04-10 List of power stations in Pakistan - Wikipedia(2).png

coal

Screenshot_2021-04-10 List of power stations in Pakistan - Wikipedia(1).png

gas
Screenshot_2021-04-10 List of power stations in Pakistan - Wikipedia.png

i think it was expected when thousands of MW power plants /dams/wind mills/solar power was installed day and night this was expected . still thousands of MW will be added every year i don't know what gov will do with it .
22387MW in in pipeline and pakistani public now dont wanna use it anymore as they learnt how to save electricity :P
we have 40000mw installed and 22387 mw in pipeline while pakistanis used 17000mn in winters and 32812 in summer june was recorded . lets see how gov get rid of extra power now .

upcoming are below
hydro
View attachment 732769
solid waste

View attachment 732770

solar
View attachment 732771
wind
View attachment 732772

nuclear
View attachment 732773
coal

View attachment 732774
gas
View attachment 732775

this could be a business opportunity in the making ! sell power to Afghanistan for example !

well done Pakistan :)

this could be a business opportunity in the making ! sell power to Afghanistan for example !

well done Pakistan :)
we are lazy and feel sleepy many years .but when we work we work like this :P afghans are not needed power iran china are surplus india is enemy . pakistan have no choice . i think gov will get rid of thermal power plants now next will be gas .

we are lazy and feel sleepy many years .but when we work we work like this :P afghans are not needed power iran china are surplus india is enemy . pakistan have no choice . i think gov will get rid of thermal power plants now next will be gas .
The best way to use extra power if it can not be exported is to establish aluminium production plants....they need and use massive amounts of power...no wonder UAE needs all that power ..they have a very large aluminium production...probably import the ore and turn it into ingots for export.

upcoming are below
hydro
View attachment 732769
solid waste

View attachment 732770

solar
View attachment 732771
wind
View attachment 732772

nuclear
View attachment 732773
coal

View attachment 732774
gas
View attachment 732775
It is important for Industry..
Besides that Pakistan can export electricity to at least Afghanistan ..if not to China..

How much electricity does Afghanistan need?
https://www.adb.org/sites/default/files/linked-documents/47282-001-ssa.pdf

Back
Top Bottom