What's new

UAE : Good by Eurofighter Typhoon ! Welcome Dassault Rafale.

Seems like Uae got hold of the 1200 mission paramater tests material done by India for its MMRCA deal which proved Rafale as economical and worthy opponent compared to EFT.
Expect more countries to follow this pattern after UAE by ordering rafale, someone here were saying that Dassault didnt get tenders since rafale was a bad fighter.

There you go Indian fella, here is a report from 2010.

Royal Saudi Air Force may buy 48 Rafale jets in addition to Typhoons but the deal has not been reached as yet.

Saudi Rafale buy remains unconfirmed, HEADLINES

France and Saudi Arabia have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) that could result in the sale of 48 Dassault Rafale multirole fighter aircraft to the Royal Saudi Air Force and the conclusion of a long-negotiated contract for the supply of a surveillance system to the kingdom, media reports in Paris have claimed.

However, doubts over the claim remain: Dassault has not confirmed any contract and one diplomatic source has denied that one was ever signed.

Saudi Rafale buy remains unconfirmed - Jane's Defence Weekly

Seems like Uae got hold of the 1200 mission paramater tests material done by India for its MMRCA deal which proved Rafale as economical and worthy opponent compared to EFT.
Expect more countries to follow this pattern after UAE by ordering rafale, someone here were saying that Dassault didnt get tenders since rafale was a bad fighter.

Maybe the Royal Saudi Naval Force is considering it. :agree:

Why not F-16..... hmm political manoeuvres.

Too much reliance on the US is neither good or sound at least to the UAE.

More Desert Falcons plus F-15SA standard Eagles seem to be the best choice.

It would mean full inter operateability between GCC military command. With top of the line, vipers and eagles, typhoons, tornados, hornets all able to link up to E3 command air craft.

Rafale is rubbish as it is. It needs upgrades which UAE won't fund. It won't be a wise choice. Though UAE might buy them for they might not want to put all their eggs in uncle sams basket.

I wish that the UAE mirage dash 9's end up in our Naval air command with upgrades, they'd provide a good run for their money to Indian carrier bourne Harriers, and Mig-29s, though chances of that happening are as slim as megan fox's waist. :D

@asad71 Maybe Bangladesh AF should look into them. ~ 68 upgraded Dash 9's can give you 'instant' air dominance over the Burmese, and a valid deterence against India.
India should look into these mirages, it will be a big boost to falling sqdn numbers... maybe dassault can hook us up

It would mean full inter operateability between GCC military command. With top of the line, vipers and eagles, typhoons, tornados, hornets all able to link up to E3 command air craft.

Rafale is rubbish as it is. It needs upgrades which UAE won't fund. It won't be a wise choice.

:blah: Without complete technology transfer. Never. ;)

Though UAE might buy them for they might not want to put all their eggs in uncle sams basket.

Finally ! Bingo, you are the great winner. :smart:

UAE, Jordan, Yemen and Oman should try do JV with French on 6th generation fighter which they might be developing...

Also on basic trainers with other propeller planes needed in training and transport along with Intermediate trainers too....

Most of Typhoon's advanced technology is still on paper, so there is no wonder.

Rafale is rubbish as it is. It needs upgrades which UAE won't fund. It won't be a wise choice. Though UAE might buy them for they might not want to put all their eggs in uncle sams basket.

I wish that the UAE mirage dash 9's end up in our Naval air command with upgrades, they'd provide a good run for their money to Indian carrier bourne Harriers, and Mig-29s, though chances of that happening are as slim as megan fox's waist. :D

@asad71 Maybe Bangladesh AF should look into them. ~ 68 upgraded Dash 9's can give you 'instant' air dominance over the Burmese, and a valid deterence against India.
Only when Allah SWT delivers us from the BAL Shaytans.

I guess the French must understand the nature of competitions in this business.

The french are arrogant lot that is why they lost largest Mirages operator Pakistan because they wanted to sell an over priced product. They must understand and stop acting idiotic Engine development is on part of product developer, that is why Boeing is leading contender.

The french are arrogant lot that is why they lost largest Mirages operator Pakistan because they wanted to sell an over priced product. They must understand and stop acting idiotic Engine development is on part of product developer, that is why Boeing is leading contender.

I heard about the proposal the French put on the table for the PAF. It was a bloody expensive deal, wasn't it?

I'm not ready yet to say they were arrogant, to be honest to goodness.

Yet, French jets are one of the most advanced in the world.

I would love to see our navy procuring 58 DR's.

@sandy_3126

UAE won't sell these dash-9s to India.

They can't afford to upset Pakistan, yeah I hear you.

@Luftwaffe

Should we bid for UAE Dash9,s?

Even though I would love PAF to have them but I think we need to invest much more in Thunder project to speed up development/advancement and numbers to make it a mature platform.

Secondly since french refused us avionics/weapons for Thunder I don't think france will let U.A.E sell them ever to Pakistan.

PS. I still don't believe in production line ended logic, production line of mirage III/V ended in 70's yet we have been operating them for so long almost 45 Year including ROSE-M for 17 and 14 years, are we developing part wondering [:D] if so we can do it -5/-9s.

Back
Top Bottom