What's new

U.S. to intensify drone strikes in Pakistan

Well, its gonna bring more hatred and Americans should later on not complain of seeing hatred among the pakistani people, and more drones will cause more trouble on both sides of the border.

US tried everything even murdered in cold blood Pak Army soldiers out of desperation and frustration, let them try this way also, which by the way has already been tried. They think such action will lead to opening of the route, i say it will further lengthen the closure of the route.

I am surprised as people used to say that pakistan route is no more dependent on and it won't harm NATO if closed, then why are they begging us to open the route.

All I have said consistently that the drone attacks by USA are effective and legal until and unless Pakistan can offer a better alternative. Nothing foolish about that, is there?

No you have tried to portray this entire drone episode as Pakistan's impotency vs US Superpower. Also you derived your sense of "legality" for these drone strikes from US has a right to do it because Pakistan fails to clean up FATA or stop militancy in FATA not because it is legal because both Pakistan and US collaborate on them.

I believe that Pakistan establishment is complicit with Americans on drone attacks. When the decision is made by Pakistan to stop these the Americans will stop without PA having to take action. Just wait and see. Is that not what you told me when you said transit routes would be reopened lol

obviously the govt. is playing mind games with its people...public condemnation and then private backing of these attacks

it doesnt help when you have a charming, yet weak foreign minister. Zardari - well if wikileaks are to be believed then he himself is on record saying he doesn't care about collateral damage.

any talk of PA taking action would be in parliament.....they cant act unilaterally, otherwise they will be accused of contempt. Bad enough to have PM who receive conviction for contempt of a court (the supreme court at that)

Well, its gonna bring more hatred and Americans should later on not complain of seeing hatred among the pakistani people, and more drones will cause more trouble on both sides of the border.

US tried everything even murdered in cold blood Pak Army soldiers out of desperation and frustration, let them try this way also, which by the way has already been tried. They think such action will lead to opening of the route, i say it will further lengthen the closure of the route.

I am surprised as people used to say that pakistan route is no more dependent on and it won't harm NATO if closed, then why are they begging us to open the route.

it will also cause hatred for pak army and government

........... Pakistan's impotency vs US Superpower. ..............

That Sir, is a fact.

Also, we can argue about details all day long, but the effectiveness and legality of the drones seem to be on a pretty solid footing, no matter how one looks at it.

Let's be realistic. The hatred business is not going so well for Pakistan itself.

As far as US is concerned, well, they are sitting thousands of kilometres away and the TSA is doing a pretty awesome job at keeping their country safe.

Anyways, this is artificial hatred instilled to accomplish the mythical objectives of some Generals in the PA. They say one thing in private and completely opposite thing in public. In parliament the Air Chief challenges the state to give him the order to shoot down a drone and in private, as per Wikileaks, Kayani himself is in favour of drones.

That Sir, is a fact.

Also, we can argue about details all day long, but the effectiveness and legality of the drones seem to be on a pretty solid footing, no matter how one looks at it.

It's not a fact, and now your twisting things up because you can't admit you were wrong. You portrayed it as Pakistan is too impotent and helpless to stop the drone strikes against super power US, that is not the case at all. You have been wrong all this time.

More hatred?

The level of hatred in Pakistan for USA is so high that cannot get any higher but Pakistani hatred is quite fickle.

Pakistanis hate India too but love watching its movies. Pakistanis hate America but love to get a Visa to immigrate there or send their kids there to get a higher education.

And what does USA gain from taking out a ramshackle border post? What strategic value is there in that?

As for NATO supply route, so far an Air Bridge has kept the supply routes open and with US to draw down its forces even further, the strategic importance of having a supply route through Pakistan will diminish. With only 20,000-25,000 troops in Afghanistan after 2014 in a support role, USA could supply them totally by Air.

The supply route has been closed since November and so far it has not effected their operational tempo and besides USA has a six month supply stock build up.

Let's be realistic. The hatred business is not going so well for Pakistan itself.

As far as US is concerned, well, they are sitting thousands of kilometres away and the TSA is doing a pretty awesome job at keeping their country safe.

Anyways, this is artificial hatred instilled to accomplish the mythical objectives of some Generals in the PA. They say one thing in private and completely opposite thing in public. In parliament the Air Chief challenges the state to give him the order to shoot down a drone and in private, as per Wikileaks, Kayani himself is in favour of drones.

Get your Indian self out of here, no Pakistani cares for what you have to say and nobody is paying attention to you, you're a pest. This is an internal matter of security for Pakistan, and you just keep posting, give your Pakistan obsession a rest.

Get your Indian self out of here, no Pakistani cares for what you have to say and nobody is paying attention to you, you're a pest. This is an internal matter of security for Pakistan, and you just keep posting, give your Pakistan obsession a rest.

Enjoy my ignore list, sweetheart. :wave:

Well using the same logic, it seems the fight by the taliban is also legal and effective.

On both sides of the border? YES.

On only western side of the border? NO. That's hypocrisy of the highest degree.

Well using the same logic, it seems the fight by the taliban is also legal and effective.

Of course. I have never said anything to the contrary.

The only mistake Taleban made was to allow their territory to be used as a sanctuary to those who attacked USA on 9/11. Otherwise they would have been left alone. (The same holds true for the FATA regions too.)

..........Pakistan is too impotent and helpless to stop the drone strikes against super power US, that is not the case at all. ................

Ermmm HELLO?! Have the drone strike stopped? Oh wait, this thread is titled "U.S. to intensify drone strikes in Pakistan". So I guess what you are saying about Pakistan above follows too.

How so?

The drone strikes a few weeks ago took out the terrorist who planned and executed the Ahmadi Mosque Bombing in Lahore killing over 140 people.

How does that equate with Taliban conducing suicide bombings and blowing up girls schools and throwing acid on women's faces?

It's not a fact, and now your twisting things up because you can't admit you were wrong. You portrayed it as Pakistan is too impotent and helpless to stop the drone strikes against super power US, that is not the case at all. You have been wrong all this time.

well some also said Pakistan was too weak and within 30 days would allow transit routes. Clearly they were wrong as were Americans

Yeah they are safe and sound in USA, but their troops aren't in Afghanistan and due to them hundred of thousands of Afghans, Iraqis, Pakistanis have been killed and more would in the future, while US remains safe. Heck of a way to be safe by killing thousands of Muslims instead of eliminating the root cause of this hatred or conflict.

This hatred that i am talking about has nothing to with generals or their cause, come out of your Indian mentality.

Kiyani would agree to the effectiveness of the drone strike, provided it kills who is intended for, but if it takes lives of children, women and other innocents, it looses its effectiveness.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom