What's new

U.S.-Pakistan talks won't lead to military action against Haqqani

Pray for what comes natural to you- like- may amrika attack haqqanis in Pakistan- may amrika put sanctions on Pakistani for not starting an operation- or the visit gets cancelled instead he visits india- :D-

LOL.. I have no intentions for wishing any harm to Pakistani people.. The only thing I would pray for in context with Pakistan is the end of ALL kinds of terrorism in Pakistan...

I think at this point expecting Pakistan to attack the Haqanis militarily would be very stubborn. And what's/who's to blame is Obama's stupid policy or his stupidity toward the issue. Even if Pakistan had considered tackling the Haqanis at one point, now they wont do it at all due to such a harsh and stupid stance taken by Obama administration toward Pakistan.

A major, major consenses has been built in Pakistan, it's masses, it's media, all politcal parties that attacking the Haqanis is no good, cuz it'd be furthering US interests. Even the most liberals of the people, newspaper etc think it's not in Pakistan's interest to attack Mr. Haqani. Now even if Kiyani wanted to go after the Haqanis, he wont be able to, the nation wont let him, any operation launched will be foredoomed to failure.

I think Pakistan has decided they are not going after Haqqni,now US has to decide what they will. Asking repeatedly won't help.

Kayani needs to realize what are the long term benefits rather than short term appeasement of extremists inside Pakistani politics. This posturing would heat up if it continues in the same pace. It is best for him to launch the operation. After all this is not against innocent civilians but a militant outfit.

Better than a wider war with US.

You appetite for trolling is insatiable!

I think Pakistan has decided they are not going after Haqqni,now US has to decide what they will. Asking repeatedly won't help.
The ball is in the court of Pakistan and the Haqqanis now - Pakistan got what it wanted for now, an agreement from the US to allow it to mediate with the Haqqanis and try and bring them to the negotiating table. Now Pakistan has to either convince the Haqqanis and the US to come to some sort of an agreement on continuing negotiations, or, in case of an unreasonable attitude from the Haqqanis/Mullah Omar, militarily take on these groups or weaken them somehow.

What will make or break any potential Pakistan mediated political settlement will be the 'conditions' each side (US and Taliban) attach to negotiations. If these conditions are unreasonable from either side, the negotiations won't go anywhere, or even start for that matter.

That said, the kinds of demands each side has made publicly (US - lay down arms and respect the Afghan constitution without a US withdrawal, and Taliban: No negotiations until a US withdrawal) are not going to work, but may continue to be made publicly while flexibility is shown in private until a deal is reached.

Back
Top Bottom