What's new

U.S. not seeking permanent bases in Afghanistan

It is simply not possible to gift away pieces of your country's land to buy peace. Shows weakness :).

weakness, maybe to some, yes, but also humility and tolerance. and latter is something emphasized much in buddhism, i thought india would understand more than China, which is always competing history to expand on others' lands.

do you think really that land MATTERS in the end? no, it does not. and neither does kashmir. if you must give all away for peace, then I think it should be so.

do you indians think you have much in common with the pakistanis/bangladeshis?? i have always wondered this, i have had both indian and pakistan classmates here, and they seem to get along quite well with each other, some even look a little alike.

We got nothin in common with bangladeshis.. except religion... and the fact tht it was part of our country..and with indians... panjabis from indian panjab and pakistani panjab share same ethnicity... but not religion and to some extent a lil culture.

weakness, maybe to some, yes, but also humility and tolerance. and latter is something emphasized much in buddhism, i thought india would understand more than China, which is always competing history to expand on others' lands.

do you think really that land MATTERS in the end? no, it does not. and neither does kashmir. if you must give all away for peace, then I think it should be so.

It is a utopian world you are living in my friend. Buddhist philosophies such as turning your other cheek does'nt work in the real world.

that is why your country abandoned buddhism, then?

Buddhism was never abandoned. Many Hindus still revere Buddha as an avatar of Vishnu. I personally find some aspects of Buddhism fascinating because it is very close to atheism/agnosticism. There are still lots if Buddhists in India.

Buddhism was never abandoned. Many Hindus still revere Buddha as an avatar of Vishnu. I personally find some aspects of Buddhism fascinating because it is very close to atheism/agnosticism. There are still lots if Buddhists in India.

but it declined, i think, some time ago, if i remember history correctly, it was also flourishing in modern pakistan region as well...was it because of foreign invasions?

but it declined, i think, some time ago, if i remember history correctly, it was also flourishing in modern pakistan region as well...was it because of foreign invasions?

That may have been one of the reasons. People grew disenchanted with the idea of blind non-violence, you have the right to defend yourself against a classroom bully.

That may have been one of the reasons. People grew disenchanted with the idea of blind non-violence, you have the right to defend yourself against a classroom bully.

but you see...that is just the PROBLEM.

two big powers fighting war after war over a piece of land, two nations with nuclear arsenals, can you imagine what might happen indeed if the wrong person is killed or something? it is a very dangerous standoff...

Back
Top Bottom