What's new

U.S. men's Olympic basketball team routs China by 57 points (119-62)

Nigeria was an interesting case. The rule with the US is: DON'T TRY TO RUN ON THEM!!! You'll both get tired, and their bench is WAY WAY better than yours. And, they're really good at running anyhow.

Nigeria, unfortunately, was a running team. Their choice was to play totally against their style (and lose), or play their own game and hope for the best. They played their game and it didn't work out.

You can try to our-run and out pace Team USA only if you get good Transition D. Sadly, Nigeria is not the team to do it.

You need to press the US team with full courts all the time, but the problem is, the US bench is so deep that they can do active offence all game long and replace them with the bench with ease, which would have been the same quality with the starter, but for the defending team, they will run out of steam before half game. No one can hold the US team for 40 minutes..

Only a team can have that deep bench the US have, or can out last the whole team USA longer would be able to win over team USA, however, we all know both weren't actually possible to achieve at this stage in world basketball.

And yet none of them want China out of the Olympics.

I cannot help but wonder what have any of these guys done in their lives. Am not saying work on a cure for cancer or world hunger or anything like that. Have any of them ever done anything that stresses a person to the his/her limits ? Do any of them know what is it like to put one's name/reputation/body on the line for something ? ANYTHING ? And then fail, just to get up and try again.

I believe the Chinese athletes are nothing like the PDF Chinese. I believe the Chinese athletes do not enter the Olympics wallowing in racial discontent like how the PDF Chinese are doing now. Do the Chinese basketball players not know who they are facing in the Olympics ? Of course they do, but they persevere anyway, going up against Americans who have been playing the game for decades and made a worldwide phenomenon out of it. I do not believe the Chinese basketball players will complain to the media that how unfair it is to play against Americans, blacks and whites. But the PDF Chinese does complain and made a racial issue out of it.

One person's comment couldn't represent all and you should understand this point.
NBA is very popular in China and I am not sure if you ever watched the match between USA and China in 2008 Beijing Olympics and you could see the atomsphere and applause from Chiese audiences to both American players and Chinese players.In addition,Racism doesn't stem from China and we strongly emphasize inclusiveness.
You should put your eyes on the mainstream but the smaller part and amplify the negative part but ignore the positive part.In some sense,to the majority of Chinese ordinary persons,the western always do things like this.This kind of viewpoint is popular in China.You could see Chinese people around the world.If Chinese ordinary persons is of racism,it couldn't be.Actually in my view,as ordinary person,we are almost the same even though we have different culture,different religion and different ideology.We show prejudice on each other because our media is brainswashing us.My words is a little away from the topic but really hope you could understand me.

The only team that can remotely give US a run for their money is either Australia, Serbia, Spain and maybe Argentina.

In my opinion all those team's you mentioned can only lose less catastrophically against US than others. Maybe if Yugoslavia still existed we could put up together a team that would give them a fight.

In my opinion all those team's you mentioned can only lose less catastrophically against US than others. Maybe if Yugoslavia still existed we could put up together a team that would give them a fight.

Well, the question itself is actually flawed. Any team can put up a fight with the US, but in the end, the talent in the Team USA is so strong that they will simply able to defeat anyone. That is given that they play seriously (like they are in a NBA Final) and nobody refuse a draft for national team (the current team is actually maybe Third Team level. Big name like Steph Curry, LeBron, Kevin Love and some other were missing.)

The problem again is that they have a deeeeeep bench, unless you can produce 12 player that all of them are at top quality, you are going to lose because the US Team will simply run your over with pure talent for 10 minutes, then they can afford to change the whole team and come at you again, and then again, and again until the match is finished.

The only chance to win a team like Team USA is you put the star of each country together, then you may have a team that can beat USA when they are serious. Otherwise, everyone is just going to be second best, yes, you may be put up a fight and well, the only thing you can do is lose less embarrassing.....

Well, the question itself is actually flawed. Any team can put up a fight with the US, but in the end, the talent in the Team USA is so strong that they will simply able to defeat anyone. That is given that they play seriously (like they are in a NBA Final) and nobody refuse a draft for national team (the current team is actually maybe Third Team level. Big name like Steph Curry, LeBron, Kevin Love and some other were missing.)

The problem again is that they have a deeeeeep bench, unless you can produce 12 player that all of them are at top quality, you are going to lose because the US Team will simply run your over with pure talent for 10 minutes, then they can afford to change the whole team and come at you again, and then again, and again until the match is finished.

The only chance to win a team like Team USA is you put the star of each country together, then you may have a team that can beat USA when they are serious. Otherwise, everyone is just going to be second best, yes, you may be put up a fight and well, the only thing you can do is lose less embarrassing.....

Well the Australians gave the US a good game. We only won by 10 points. 98 to 88. That "white" Australian team certainly played better than the Chinese.

These Australians aren't pushovers...look at the score in the top left

Last edited:
Well the Australians gave the US a good game. We only won by 10 points. 98 to 88. That "white" Australian team certainly played better than the Chinese.

Yeah, that's a really good game.......

The problem is 2 fold for the US team today, the US shoot the ball quite shit to be honest (37% 2 pts FG) and on par with 3 pts % (33%) and this is why the US won.

The Australian team have pressed the US pretty good in the first half, and they did that so good that the US team were -3 in half time, the problem is, we (Sorry man, have to stand by the Aussie here) basically ran out of steam and we can't press nearly as good as the first half, you can see the Australia are on bench most of the third quarter with Boget sitting out and Bayne 4th Foul, yet the US cannot capitalise on this, although they did have a 9 - 0 ball game in the beginning minutes on the Australian, the US team failed basically to score against the Australian Bench, most of them were playing in local league.

The peeps that save team USA is Camel and Kyrie Irving (Who coincidentally was born in Melbourne Australia), with 10 three points (9 for camel an the sole 3 pointer for Kyrie in the last minutes.) and that is why the Team USA won today.

I reckon Team USA would actually lose if they play like today to Spain or Latvia or Serbia. I mean 37% 2PTs FG is not really acceptable in Team USA standard. Heck, I would say it wasn't acceptable for even Australian Standard.

But you gotta love the Australian Media play this match like they own the US team, well, we might have, but well, we lose in the end, that show we aren't really a good team that can play the full game.

lol, don't mind much to the Chinese, I don't think they can beat the Canadian, they are just being a troll. They sucks at basketball, that's nothing to be ashamed of.

Last edited:
It's funny to be proud of something that is not comparable in here. Basketball is always a lifestyle in US of A. No other countries have such tradition in Basketball match in this world. People know only NBA for this sport. For China and the other side of this world, basketball is just another sport. It's just like European to their football matches (soccer, not American football). People will laugh if they see a Spanish or British laugh at the American when their football team trash the American football team. As for the American, the soccer tradition is much lower than the Europe and the Latin America.

So, let me know if the American can win against China or Indonesia in Badminton match. I doubt that they even have a capable badminton athlete there.

Last edited:
Seems like some dh Chinese don't know that the USA female National Football team (Yes, that's soccer, not stupid NFL) ARE RANKED WORLD NUMBER 1 by FIFA, and

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_Women's_World_Rankings

The US Female Football team won 3 World Cup, 4 Olympic Gold Medal. On the other hand, Brazil won 0, and 0, same as China, we laugh so hard on Brazil AND CHINA on both World Cup and Olympic games when they played our women, and ponder how these team have very good men teams (beside China) but suck this bad at women soccer??......Maybe these Chinese wanted to play a game with our Female Team? I reckon our Women Team can beat the Chinese Men's team and totally humiliate them in open pitch. What do you think?

@Hamartia Antidote @Brainsucker

Almost forgot, AND NO..Only 2 member in the USA Team are black. And 16 of them are white, so China and Brazil were beaten by a White Dominated Team, not a black team, just so you know

us-womens-soccer.jpg

Last edited:
Seems like some dh Chinese don't know that the USA female National Football team (Yes, that's soccer, not stupid NFL) ARE RANKED WORLD NUMBER 1 by FIFA, and

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_Women's_World_Rankings

The US Female Football team won 3 World Cup, 4 Olympic Gold Medal. On the other hand, Brazil won 0, and 0, same as China, we laugh so hard on Brazil AND CHINA on both World Cup and Olympic games when they played our women, and ponder how these team have very good men teams (beside China) but suck this bad at women soccer??......Maybe these Chinese wanted to play a game with our Female Team? I reckon our Women Team can beat the Chinese Men's team and totally humiliate them in open pitch. What do you think?

@Hamartia Antidote @Brainsucker

Almost forgot, AND NO..Only 2 member in the USA Team are black. And 16 of them are white, so China and Brazil were beaten by a White Dominated Team, not a black team, just so you know

View attachment 324832

Tell it to Brazilian or to our European Friends, why their female football is so weak that the American female can get the World Cup. Maybe nobody care about the Female Football from the start. And as China, Football is the same as basketball. It just another sport. China doesn't have football tradition just like they don't have basketball tradition. So it doesn't matter if they lost or not.

What about the badminton?

Tell it to Brazilian or to our European Friends, why their female football is so weak that the American female can get the World Cup. Maybe nobody care about the Female Football from the start. And as China, Football is the same as basketball. It just another sport. China doesn't have football tradition just like they don't have basketball tradition. So it doesn't matter if they lost or not.

What about the badminton?

lol, you are funny.

You said US sucks at foot ball, that they do not have a football culture, that Brazilian and European will laugh at the US Team on football. Yet, you fail to understand US is actually quite good at soccer in international level. You do not even know US Men's team rank 26 and a frequent team in World Cups and US women ranked 1 by FIFA. Even US men's team are a lot stronger and better than most European Teams.

If you know anything about soccer at all, you would not have said US have no soccer culture at all. MLS is a major syndication as with other league (Like FA, Bundesliga or Series A) and WMLS is THE PREMIER league for women soccers, basically female player around the world all aim and hope at to get into that level. By saying US does not have a soccer culture and that the other country just "don't care" and don't matter if they win or lost, you both show your ignorance and also disrespect soccer player worldwide.

What about Badminton? What about having a swim with Michael Phelps? I am going to use your own answer to answer your own question.

Nobody care about badminton in the world, that is why country like China can get to the top, What do you say?

Again, country good at one sport sucks at the other, you want to do the "Which sport am better than yours game?" Cuase you WILL lose as China is not that good at sport at all in world level (Beside the Usual Table Tennis and Badminton), it's no shame being bad at basketball or badminton, but it is quite shameful for you to disrespect basically all the female soccer players and deemed them "non-matter", just to be jealous on someone's else achievement. If it is that "non-matter" why I don't see China on top?

Be gracious when you lose, that is the basics of any sport.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Hamartia Antidote

Just wondering why only the Chinese are doing this type of "What about have a game with me at a game I good at" when they lose to the American on some other sport? I did not see any Australian (including me) tell the American what about having a game of Rugby or Cricket instead of basketball??

Seems like some people are not really or cannot be gracious on losing.

Compare my post on #35 on how Australia lose a game with the US in basketball and compare the Chinese guy in post #37 (he actually made one earlier but is removed due to insult) Can anyone spot the big different?

Just wondering why only the Chinese are doing this type of "What about have a game with me at a game I good at" when they lose to the American on some other sport?

Because they are the 21st century version of the master race nazis.

Because they are the 21st century version of the master race nazis.

I don't think it's about race.

Just yesterday, Japan gave us Opal a run for their money, we lost by 12 points in 3rd quarter, and th a largest margin of 16 points. We are world number 2 for Christ sake, which was tipped to be the gold contender with the US this year.

Japan are Asian, yet, they can almost defeat us in a game, I mean, it's not about being European or Asian.

I think it's more about insecurity , its not about being a master race

Australia up by 19 against China.

Edit: Final. Australia 93, China 68

Last edited:
The US men's team almost gets beat again..this time it's the Serbians.

US: 94
Serbia: 91

Last edited:
Its like Myanmar vs Portugal, playing Football. C'mon the results were obvious.

Back
Top Bottom