What's new

U.S. may join Japan-Aussie submarine project

looks like a no ! i hope Modiji persuades Abeji to share soryu as is..with the integration of our systems ! bleakk chances though !

They are pretty expensive ..... we are planing to get 6 with ToT and they will cost us $10 bil.
Whilst to Ausis the Soryu without ToT will cost $20bil.

The United States actually has keen interest in diesel-electric submarines, this was realized when the United States leased a Swedish Gotland-Class Sub, analysis showed that these were substantially quieter than other non-nuclear submarines. And thus, it has renewed an interest in the United States Navy diesel-electric submarines, especially with their air independent systems. Our JMSDF's Soryu Class are substantially quieter than the Gotlunds' , making these subs a deadly threat to any would be foe to our navy.

The US does have an interest in AIP and diesel-electric subs, but not for procurement, unless said procurement is a lease of a foreign sub for testing purposes. The Gotland-class subs are quiets, but ask any US sailor and they will say the type 214, 209 and Lada, and Soryu are even better in this requirement, the Gotlands weren't even the quietest of their time, just the ones the US could get its hands on.. The US has an interest in nuclear boats for its procurement needs, AIP and diesel electrics for testing and weapon and sensor evaluation, and only has an interest in non-nuclear boats for research purposes (such as deep sea life research) and for US special forces who need smaller subs such as the SDV. The US Navy likes the range and endurance of the nuke boats and is focusing its efforts on modernizing and upgrading these systems. At present there is no plan to introduce an AIP or DE type boat into the Navy (apart from small subs for US special forces).

You are right to say the US is interested in these subs, but only to defeat them more easily, not to procure them for US service.

They are pretty expensive ..... we are planing to get 6 with ToT and they will cost us $10 bil.
Whilst to Ausis the Soryu without ToT will cost $20bil.

soryu tot ? no way...i was talking about keeping the configuration of soryu intact to be honest. that itself would be impossible.

scorpenes with aip mesma is our only logical option.

butt..i wish we had some soryus..6, later 6..

Back
Top Bottom