What's new

U.S.-Indian Relations Under Modi

Looking Forward to Welcoming Modi to the US: John Kerry
Washington: The Obama administration is looking forward to welcoming Prime Minister Narendra Modi to the United States, US Secretary of State John Kerry has said.

Mr Kerry conveyed this message for the new Indian PM during his meeting with the Indian Ambassador to the US S Jaishankar, who also met the Deputy Secretary of State William Burns for a wide range of discussion on bilateral and regional issues.

fireworks.gif

They use a lot of lentils to make their food. It tastes quite awesome actually.

Hey @Chinese-Dragon ; do you eat Indian food often?
Btw; did you try cooking in Ghee (clarified butter) that we spoke about on another thread long ago?

Why does this moron destroy decent articles in his desperation to promote his book about the voices in his head?

Well any means to ward off the side-effects of continuing unemployment get resorted to; by people.

80 years of Indian foreign policy :woot:

Yaar; some guys cannot even count, and that is because they have only 10 fingers to help them do so. :D

Last edited:
Modi, being the petty vindictive type, as evidenced by his moves against Indian Muslims already, will not be able to resist "sticking it" to the US. He may not do it immediately, but there is absolutely no doubt that he will try to get one in at some point.

The US, being the dominant party, and with its national interests on the line, will take it on the chin and keep relations on track.

give them somr spicy food then all is well

That will just cause some "Delhi-Belly". That tactic was used once, in the past with a man called Sir Cyril Radcliffe who was tasked with drawing up the Indo-Paksitani borders in 1947. As a consequence of his pains and gripes, he gave Gurdaspur to India.
So it can work too. :D

Ship me some really fresh and good Indian food, and I promise that relations will be fantastic :woot:
Where do you live in America, bro? I live in rural, southern Idaho and I have a great Indian restaurant just 25min away! They're everywhere! My favorite? Any type of spicy saag (including Pakistani saag gosht.) with a side of Basmati rice and fresh naan or roti! Mmmm...

l.jpg
:smitten:

Where do you live in America, bro? I live in rural, southern Idaho and I have a great Indian restaurant just 25min away! They're everywhere! My favorite? Any type of spicy saag (including Pakistani saag gosht.) with a side of Basmati rice and fresh naan or roti! Mmmm...

l.jpg

Are you Indian or of South Asian ancestry?

US Secretary of State John Kerry called his Indian counterpart Sushma Swaraj after she took over as the External Affairs Minister and talked about re-energising Indo-US ties.

Kerry called late last night and was the first among major international figures to call Swaraj, an MEA spokesperson said today.

During the phone call, the focus was on increasing trade and economic ties to USD 500 billion, the spokesperson said.

Swaraj, on her part, emphasized the importance India gives to strengthening the international partnership.

She also briefed Kerry on India’s engagement with the SAARC countries, including Pakistan.

Both are looking forward to meeting each other, the spokesperson said.

Earlier in his message to the new Indian prime minister, Kerry said the Obama administration was looking forward to welcoming Prime Minister Narendra Modi to the United States.

- See more at: John Kerry calls Sushma Swaraj, discusses Indo-US ties | CanIndia NEWS

l.jpg

I reside in Philadelphia (hello from the east coast) There are quite a few Indian restaurants here, Would still like to try some food in the actual home country though. if I manage to fit India into my future trip top Asia, I will definitely look forward to sampling some.
t1935.gif

I reside in Philadelphia (hello from the east coast) There are quite a few Indian restaurants here, Would still like to try some food in the actual home country though. if I manage to fit India into my future trip top Asia, I will definitely look forward to sampling some.
t1935.gif

I am not sure if you will be able to handle the spice :P

t1935.gif

If you head up the road to Edison, NJ, it's almost like being in India.

There are even paan shops (beetle leaves) which you chew after a good meal.

Back
Top Bottom