What's new

U.S., India to sign $8 bln defence deals: envoy

Almost $50 million per Apache. Crazy, but not my money so good going USA.

It is only $45 million...is cheap with TOT....any ways it is not your money...:smokin:

Same restaurant, charges me $10 for butter chicken, charges you $100. Keep going. I don't mind.

Sorry US dont sell any weapon to China so keep dreaming for $10 for butter chicken

Almost $50 million per Apache. Crazy, but not my money so good going USA.

Not really $50 mill/helo more like $25-30 mill for the Blk.III (still a huge amount for a helo) but these are the most advanced attack helicopters on the planet and will dominate any battlefield they enter- real game changer for the region which I can't see losing its "top dog" seat to anyone for at least 15-20 years.

The intial cost of procurment is going to be high as logistics and training have to be set up so extra cost but follow-on orders will not cost anywhere near the same amount.

For people who are worried about sanctions, deals with US has many added advantage.
Current example u saw when India did ICBM test... no one said anything against India, cause US defended India saying "India has good record or something..."

Its not because of US...The west went silent because it was India on the other side...
Everybdy knows Indias neighbors very well...West wants India to dominate in that region....
No one wants China becoming a global power and a key player in that region...
Im saying this not because im anti china because of the communist regime in china...
India, democracy, bollywood and all constitutes the soft power and the west is in love with that concept...
So for India its easy to get away this tests and trading with Iran and so....

The C-17, and C-130J are mostly for transport so its not that much of a big threat for Pakistan.

The P-8I will added more firepower to the Indian Navy but again our Navy is defensive in nature and not offensive.

The biggest headache for Pakistan will be the 80 Apache Gunships. That is a game changer on any battlefield.

I wonder what Pakistan will do in regards to this. Pakistan's own attack Helicopters are 40 years old and needs a new fleet of Attack helicopters.

To counter a heli, you dn't get a better heli, you get better Ack Ack.

Helicopters like Apache are basically for armored support, not air-to-air.

As far as the acquisition of new helicopters goes, there is not much going on in the world. We can't buy an Apache, the Zulu cobra is not up for export, T-129 is still not in full production and matured, same with Z-10. Right now, there is not much of a need to get newer helicopter either. A war with India in the next 2-3 years is definitely not on the cards, we are caught up with WoT at the moment, and the the F/S cobras are doing the job pretty fine.

For people who are worried about sanctions, deals with US has many added advantage.
Current example u saw when India did ICBM test... no one said anything against India, cause US defended India saying "India has good record or something..."

you think so cute, u are making me laugh now.

The C-17, and C-130J are mostly for transport so its not that much of a big threat for Pakistan.

The P-8I will added more firepower to the Indian Navy but again our Navy is defensive in nature and not offensive.

Are you sure, you know what you are talking about?

C17 & C130 can get a full regiment at your doorstep in no time and land in your locality's cricket field... It acts as one of the best more of force re-inforcers (a la force multiplier) and P8i is is for intelligence and antisubmarine warfare (not much for firepower)... Couldn't quiet understand the logic behind your assertion, so couldn't contain my enthusiasm to correct :)

The biggest headache for Pakistan will be the 80 Apache Gunships. That is a game changer on any battlefield.

P8I can hunt and kill pakistani submarines,making it an offensive weapon.

Btw from pak perspective,this in indian hands can be much devastating than Apaches:Just imagine an entire armoured column getting blown to smithereens by a single bomb!

Livefist: IAF Cleared For CBU-105 Sensor-Fused Weapon

Last edited by a moderator:

Well the C-17 is a strategic airlifter capable of transporting huge loads to short and strategic locations like the mountains of Kashmir or plains of Rajastan. The fact the C-17 can carry 1 MBT (T-90/ARJUN) or 2 ICVs or 200 troops or 150 paratroopers or 77 tonnes of cargo to remote and strategic landing zones means it is a major game changer and a threat to Pakistan. And the C-130J-30s that the IAF is buying are for SOFs ops and behind enemy line ops so they are inherently offensive weapons that pose a threat to Pakistan, they are unmatched in what they do in the deep insertion field.

Also the P-8I is a real game changer it will dominate the Indian Ocean.

When someone have money he goes to McDonald's or Subway or KFC or Pizza Hut.

But McDonald's don't get offended because of Subway.

India-Russia relationship are very strong and deeper then ocean, higher then mountain and sweeter then honey.
:D

FYI... In the US, people who have no money go to the above mentioned establishments :D

Are you sure, you know what you are talking about?

C17 & C130 can get a full regiment at your doorstep in no time and land in your locality's cricket field... It acts as one of the best more of force re-inforcers (a la force multiplier) and P8i is is for intelligence and antisubmarine warfare (not much for firepower)... Couldn't quiet understand the logic behind your assertion, so couldn't contain my enthusiasm to correct :)

And what do you think our Air Defense Operators will be doing when you are flying your C-17 and C-130 into Pakistan?

Having Tea? :rofl:

They will unleash a wave of missiles to take those Aircraft down.

The Apaches are a real threat as they can take out Radar installations, Forward Operating Bases, and Tanks and Armored forces before they are detected.

The Apaches fired the opening shots during the 1st Gulf War taking out Iraq's radar installations.

This threat needs to be countered at all costs.

I am against this deal!!!!

i don t like india's defence business with US.....they came with lot of strings...even the INS jalashwa are not allowed to execute offensive operation.::hitwall:

i wonder why the heck we even bought that LPD.:hitwall:

my friend, even if we scrap it, guess we can make more than what we paid for it, it’s an American tech buddy, we have lot to learn from it…so, I don’t think it was a squander deal..

Back
Top Bottom