What's new

U.S. Capitol locked down after shots fired outside

Jason bourne

Reaction score
WASHINGTON (MarketWatch) -- Shots were fired outside the U.S. Capitol, according to multiple press reports. Senator Claire McCaskill says there's a temporary lock down, according to her Twitter account. AP reported an injured police officer.

Shots have been reported near the US Capitol in Washington DC, with police locking down offices in the area.

US Capitol Police said a police officer was injured, the Associated Press reported.

Journalists, congressional staffers and tourists were ordered to take shelter at the US Capitol Complex at 14:28 local time (18:28 GMT).

US media reported that a high speed police chase ended in front of the Senate. The lockdown is now lifted.

Some senators were reportedly outside when they heard six or seven shots fired and saw police pull over a car in front of a Senate building after a high-speed chase, the New York Times reports.

"I heard a pop pop pop and we were told to get down," Senator Bob Casey told the paper.

"Gunshots have been reported on Capitol Hill requiring all occupants in all House office buildings to shelter in place," said the email to staff.

"Close, lock and stay away from external doors and windows."
BBC News - 'Shots fired' near US Capitol

Some woman rammed the gates the White House with her car and then drove off at high speed after hitting a secret service agent. She took off towards the Capitol building, but smashed into a cop car and then a barricade where she then stopped. The police shot her as she exited the car. Only the police fired any shots.

Wow, I'm shocked! Can't believe that at least one conspiracy nut here hasn't already claimed it was a false flag operation. Or that the "evil Jews" were somehow behind it. :pop:

Wow, I'm shocked! Can't believe that at least one conspiracy nut here hasn't already claimed it was a false flag operation.

Or that the "evil Jews" were somehow behind it. :pop:

OK I'll start. The person being chased was in fact the son of Jor-El. :P

Doesn't that name sound Jewish to you? Well it should, the people who created Superman/Spiderman/Wolverine/etc. (heads of Marvel and DC comics) were all Jewish Americans.

So in fact it was an intergalactic conspiracy to steal the Sun from our solar system.

OK I've run out. Maybe someone else can pick up where I left off.

Wow, I'm shocked! Can't believe that at least one conspiracy nut here hasn't already claimed it was a false flag operation. Or that the "evil Jews" were somehow behind it. :pop:

The press is leaving out details! Her car was painted with a giant Star of David, she had a hook nose, and in her glove box was a copy of the plans for the 9/11 attacks!

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

What are we waiting to arm the people frustrated of zionist america?

Back
Top Bottom