What's new

U.S. Aims to Turn Taiwan Into Giant Weapons Depot

F-22Raptor

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United States
WASHINGTON — American officials are intensifying efforts to build a giant stockpile of weapons in Taiwan after studying recent naval and air force exercises by the Chinese military around the island, according to current and former officials.

The exercises showed that China would probably blockade the island as a prelude to any attempted invasion, and Taiwan would have to hold out on its own until the United States or other nations intervened, if they decided to do that, the current and former officials say.

Smart idea. But you have to make Taiwan dangerous for Chinese mainland, if you want to deter them.

WASHINGTON — American officials are intensifying efforts to build a giant stockpile of weapons in Taiwan after studying recent naval and air force exercises by the Chinese military around the island, according to current and former officials.

The exercises showed that China would probably blockade the island as a prelude to any attempted invasion, and Taiwan would have to hold out on its own until the United States or other nations intervened, if they decided to do that, the current and former officials say.

With no strategic depth, entire island is fully exposed. Stockpile all the weapons in the world there and it just will go up in smoke quickly.

Destroy Taiwan's navy, air force blockade Taiwan, and send drones to shoot down threatening targets. Wait 10 years to negotiate and solve the problem.

So the plan is the mericans want to squeezed the last drop of dollar from Taiwan through their outdated junks before they gave up Taiwan.

The only problem is the people in taiwan are not that stupid, they already call off many of the US overpriced arms sales, so I doubt they will anything further unless the US give them free of charge...

From being a semi conductor chip super power to a weapons depot? What a fall

Taiwan is geographically too close to China for US or her allies to defend.

China has too many missles and will blown up Taiwan with their own weopon depots.

US and allied ships will be hit by a barrage of Chinese missiles too.

I see a repeat of Snake Island and Moskova here. The only difference being that US & alies will be at the receiving end.

Last edited:
Now they are adi ting Taiwan with there weapons and get billions of dollars end up as south Korean F 35 every taiwanese weapon

This is what I was telling the Chinese you either act now or say goodbye to Taiwan. If you act down the road, it would be more costly.

This is what I was telling the Chinese you either act now or say goodbye to Taiwan. If you act down the road, it would be more costly.
I used to urge China act as soon as possible because there's no way unification will be peaceful. I guess Xi is too much an optimist or he has no intention to bring Taiwan back. Acting sooner will reduce casualties also. But the equation has shifted a little nowadays. China can establish an air and sea blockage on Taiwan for months after destroying the power plants, radar, radio towers, air fields and whatever highway that could allow an airplane to land. Then just wait it out until DPP is overthrown or agrees to surrender. There isn't a need to carry out a blitzkrieg or land invasion that could allow DPP to bring a war of attrocities to both the PLA and residents.

Seems like the US has become one giant arms manufacturing factory.

Destroy Taiwan's navy, air force blockade Taiwan, and send drones to shoot down threatening targets. Wait 10 years to negotiate and solve the problem.

If there's anything that can be learned from the Russians handling the Ukraine conflict, it's 'Not taking the war fully and seriously'. It's a war and stop kidding yourself with 'this is a special operation' craps. In a war, you'd destroy your enemy's political and military forces and structures. This means taking out all the power plants, radar, radio towers, military bases, air fields, ports, government buildings including the presidential palace and legislative building. Then China could install air and sea blockage for months until DPP surrenders.

China also must change its narrative from 'unification' to 'civil war'. It's in fact the contiuation of the civil war fought in the late 1940's. The civil war narrative establish forbidden boundaries in which foreign powers are not allowed to intervene.

On the contrary, time is on China's side as its military grows stronger in the coming decade.

On the contrary, time is on China's side as its military grows stronger in the coming decade.

It wouldn't matter how strong the Chinese military grows as asymmetrical warfare with high-tech gadgets will cause damage. You must cross water and strike a fortress to gain a beachhead, just as Russia had to walk across the border, and we see Western support titled the fight.

As much as others say, we have time and will blockade the land, but none can hit western platforms to stop weapons shipment. Every day, Taiwan develops countermeasures with the Chinese invasion in mind and growing strong.

You only have a small window of opportunity to seize it and have the momentum go in your favor.

It wouldn't matter how strong the Chinese military grows as asymmetrical warfare with high-tech gadgets will cause damage. You must cross water and strike a fortress to gain a beachhead, just as Russia had to walk across the border, and we see Western support titled the fight.

As much as others say, we have time and will blockade the land, but none can hit western platforms to stop weapons shipment. Every day, Taiwan develops countermeasures with the Chinese invasion in mind and growing strong.

You only have a small window of opportunity to seize it and have the momentum go in your favor.
Taiwan is 1/20 the size of Ukraine, which makes target surveillance much easier. It's also surrounded by water which means any military aid must be shipped in through its ports. The entirety of Taiwan is within range of China's long range rocket artillery system, supported by an array of sensors (satellites, UAVs) to provide near real time targeting data. China doesn't even need to utilize its missiles. I'd be surprised if Taiwan has any functional ships, planes or C3I structure left after a week. If you think Taiwan's going anywhere, I got a bridge to sell you.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom