What's new

typhoons coming to india for indhradhanush 2010

Haanzo

Reaction score
War games over Maoist belt - Kolkata - City - The Times of India

Come October and the skies over Jangalmahal will resonate to the sound of powerful jet engines. Pilots of the Royal Air Force (RAF) in Eurofighter Typhoons will match their skills against the IAF's flying aces in Indradhanush 2010 the third in a series of joint air exercises between India and the UK.

This is the first time that the RAF would be participating in war games at Air Force Station Kalaikunda. "The IAF will fly Sukhois, Mig-29s and Mirage-2000s. Till now, the RAF has maintained that Typhoons and Tornados would participate. They are looking forward to their visit as Kalaikunda offers a lot," an IAF officer said.

:cheers:

Gud news
i wish Taphoon win in MRCA so we can take more experience of this.

Eurofighter-Typhoon-555.preview.jpg

images

Don't like to say it but let me get off my cheat. Zoom and stare at above pic for 5 minutes.

The build quality of Typhoon is top notch, damn slick design and body. Compared to Typhoon, our sukhoi looks like "tin ka dabba" (Tin can).
Rough edges, poor alloys and badly done paint job. I am not sure if this sukhoi was manufactured in India or russia, more or less they are the same. Chinese also has same defect.

India should grab Typhoon hands down and become a partner in manufacturing.

Don't like to say it but let me get off my cheat. Zoom and stare at above pic for 5 minutes.

The build quality of Typhoon is top notch, damn slick design and body. Compared to Typhoon, our sukhoi looks like "tin ka dabba" (Tin can).
Rough edges, poor alloys and badly done paint job. I am not sure if this sukhoi was manufactured in India or russia, more or less they are the same. Chinese also has same defect.

India should grab Typhoon hands down and become a partner in manufacturing.

There's more to a fighter plane than a nice paint job and external beauty. Take a look at the planes of the 50's and 60's. They weren't exactly beauties, but they did their job damn well.

There's more to a fighter plane than a nice paint job and external beauty. Take a look at the planes of the 50's and 60's. They weren't exactly beauties, but they did their job damn well.

you're right but definitely, a well built plane is less prone to mechanical failure than a not so well built plane.

India/Russia are not good at build quality. China is even worse.

This is why west still rules the world. When they do something, they do it good.

you're right but definitely, a well built plane is less prone to mechanical failure than a not so well built plane.

This is why west still rules the world. When they do something, they do it good.

I dont argue about build quality but one would be mistaken to judge build quality from a pic. No doubt, going by accident rates (though their are other factors at play as well) Western designs seem to be of a better build quality. Further, for me what is inside the plane matters more than what's outside.

dude, you stole words out of my mouth. The minute detail looked at production of western aircraft and effort put in production and R&D behind it cannot be compared to Indian, Russian or Chinese fighter aircraft.

Outside looks can be deceiving, but let me tell you that from inside western aircraft are as much elegant and refined as from outside.

mig29tax2to5.jpg

F16Taxying.jpg

Last edited:
It still does a Mach 2, Carries a load of more than 8 tonnes, has a long range and who cares if the aircraft aint going to stay in air for a month if a war breaks out....make it cheap and large numbers. -Soviet policy.

Su-30a1.jpg

Eurofighter already flown in India at Aero India. SU-30 MKI proved itself in Indradhanush-2007. Both countries pilots were impressed with each other's advanced fighters, though EFT costs twice. IAF didn't selected MKI because of looks but capabilities and investment. Both have their own advantages.

@Indians - guys how can you call su-30Mki not so well built. I mean the fighter has not just great features but personally I find it really very beautiful (may be needs to be painted nicely :P)..You can say i have a bad taste,I dont mind that but I would still choose it over the Typhoon.

Back
Top Bottom