What's new

Type 055 DDG News & Discussions

Type 055 Renhai Class is a Destroyer with Cruiser's Firepower and Capabilities :enjoy:
Hi bro, can we stop using the stupid name like Renhai? The ship has its own class name given by parents: Type 055. And the stupid western names like Renhai, Luda, Luhu, Luyang means nothing to China or to the Chinese people.

the 'capability' of firing cruise missile, TBM or IRBM or whatever is consists of many things, having the tube and VLS is one thing, but how about software, battle management system and conduct codes?? well, as far as I know, the current 055 does not have those things installed or implemented yet`````maybe on the later version````but it is the most advanced air defense ship the world has ever seen so far!

Well, I have already given the example between the Atago class and Kongo class.

The Atago class is more advanced than the Kongo class, but it is not integrated with the SM-3 yet.

Well, I have already given the example between the Atago class and Kongo class.

The Atago class is more advanced than the Kongo class, but it is not integrated with the SM-3 yet.

The Atago-class currently use aegis baseline 7.1J. They are planned to be upgraded to baseline 9. Baseline is needed to operate the new SM3 block2A. The Kongo ships have SM3 but it's block1A and they use baseline 4 and 5. Baseline 9 is needed to operate SM3 block2A. Even though SM3 Block2A is undergoing testing, the Defense Ministry has already ordered some. Since the Kongo ships can't use them, it reasonable to expect baseline 9 to be installed in the Atago-class ships soon.

The Atago-class currently use aegis baseline 7.1J. They are planned to be upgraded to baseline 9. Baseline is needed to operate the new SM3 block2A. The Kongo ships have SM3 but it's block1A and they use baseline 4 and 5. Baseline 9 is needed to operate SM3 block2A. Even though SM3 Block2A is undergoing testing, the Defense Ministry has already ordered some. Since the Kongo ships can't use them, it reasonable to expect baseline 9 to be installed in the Atago-class ships soon.

I know Atago is better than Kongo, and it is planning to integrate with the more advanced block IIA in the future.

I am just trying to explain that the Type 055 right now is not integrated with the HQ-26 ABM or even the YJ-100 LACM, but it doesn't mean it won't have it in the future. Just like the Atago class during its earlier deployment didn't have the SM-3, while the Kongo class got it earlier.

I know Atago is better than Kongo, and it is planning to integrate with the more advanced block IIA in the future.

I am just trying to explain that the Type 055 right now is not integrated with the HQ-26 ABM or even the YJ-100 LACM, but it doesn't mean it won't have it in the future. Just like the Atago class during its earlier deployment didn't have the SM-3, while the Kongo class got it earlier.

It's a fair point. It's often the case that some new military system is deployed before reaching full design capabilities. I'm sure there are other examples as well.

It's a fair point. It's often the case that some new military system is deployed before reaching full design capabilities. I'm sure there are other examples as well.

Another example is the Sejong the Great class, it is the peer of the Atago class, both models are based on the Flight IIA which are more advanced than the Flight I model of the Kongo class, but South Korea right now doesn't have the plan to integrate it with the SM-3 systems.

So it is just another superior Aegis model compared to the Kongo class that doesn't have the integrated ABM.

Last edited:
Hi bro, can we stop using the stupid name like Renhai? The ship has its own class name given by parents: Type 055. And the stupid western names like Renhai, Luda, Luhu, Luyang means nothing to China or to the Chinese people.

Agreed, but when it does not matter anything why then so annoyed? BY the way a Su-37 is also commonly called a Flanker and no-one really cares.

Another example is the Sejong the Great class, it is the peer of the Atago class, both models are based on the Flight IIA which are more advanced than the Flight I model of the Kongo class, but South Korea right now doesn't have the plan to integrate it with the SM-3 systems.

So it is just another superior Aegis model compared to the Kongo class that doesn't have the integrated ABM.
give us Typ055 destroyer :mad:

China's Destroyer 055, the imperial bodyguard of aircraft carriers
(People's Daily Online) 18:34, June 29, 2017
s6JbenB.jpg

(Photo/People.cn)

"China's first home-grown 10,000-tonne class missile destroyer is the most advanced in terms tonnage, informatization, and firepower," said Zhang Junshe, a researcher at the Naval Military Academic Research Institute in China, pointing out its superiority and significance to the Chinese navy.

Destroyer 055 is the first 10,000-tonne destroyer in China. According to Zhang, it fills the domestic gap of constructing large warships and reflects in the overall design, marking the new level of the development of Chinese navy.

Better information integration was achieved and defense capabilities were improved. The destroyer is also equipped with heavier firepower, and can carry more missiles because of the increased tonnage, which contributes to its excellent defense capabilities.

The advanced integrated operations capability of Destroyer 055 will enhance the navy's defense capabilities, as well as promote the strategic transformation of the Chinese navy, especially with regard to protecting the nation, Zhang said, expressing great confidence in the new destroyer. He has also pointed out the importance of sea lane security, as China increases its overseas investments in energy, and noted the important role the new destroyer can play in this regard.

What's more, Zhang mentioned that the new 10,000-tonne missile destroyer will help China's navy better undertake its international obligations and responsibilities, and providing more security for the international community, raising the example of the anti-piracy operation in the Gulf of Aden.

Talking about the future of Destroyer 055, Zhang hopes it will join the naval formation consisting of the Liaoning aircraft carrier. As can be seen in other countries, such 10,000-tonne destroyers have strong defense advantages, he said, adding that they play a significant role in protecting the security of carriers.
http://en.people.cn/n3/2017/0629/c90000-9235034.html

Agreed, but when it does not matter anything why then so annoyed? BY the way a Su-37 is also commonly called a Flanker and no-one really cares.
I don't want to make comment on Russian's feeling. You are not Russian, I'm not Russian.

But as a Chinese, I don't like our baby to be called with a name that not given by the baby's parents. That's it.

Just ignore it. Its just a NATO designation.

it is a destroyer. No need to brag.
China will never built cruiser. We are a nation who love peace. The aim of developing armament is to defense our territory and interest.
Pls no more Chinese language. There are some foreigners of Chinese descendent who can understand what you said.

o_O
Would building a cruiser or destroyer matter by a nation who love peace? Or perhaps even an aircraft carrier?

141716gcomqkvvq9a9ovbr.jpg
未命名.JPG
ec5bfe58ly1fh1a4du5alj20sg0fq4.JPG

猎豹截图20170630164704.png
猎豹截图20170630164808.png

Defense Ministry's regular press conference on June 29

http://eng.mod.gov.cn/news/2017-06/30/content_4784139.htm

Question: Yesterday a new type of destroyer, called type-055 by some, was launched in Shanghai. This type of destroyer is believed to play a key role in China’s aircraft carrier task force and in building a blue-water navy. Could you offer us more information on this?

Answer: This new type of destroyer is domestically designed, with a displacement of 10,000 tons. The destroyer uses a combined gas power system and has an integral system of radio frequency integration. It uses vertical launching system and has an integrated system on board for the operations and telecommunication.

。。。。。 China’s defense policy which is defensive in nature and the active defense military strategy are clear-cut and will not change with the development of advanced weaponry.

猎豹截图20170630170621.png

Last edited:
View attachment 407411 View attachment 407412 View attachment 407413
View attachment 407414 View attachment 407415
Defense Ministry's regular press conference on June 29

http://eng.mod.gov.cn/news/2017-06/30/content_4784139.htm

Question: Yesterday a new type of destroyer, called type-055 by some, was launched in Shanghai. This type of destroyer is believed to play a key role in China’s aircraft carrier task force and in building a blue-water navy. Could you offer us more information on this?

Answer: This new type of destroyer is domestically designed, with a displacement of 10,000 tons. The destroyer uses a combined gas power system and has an integral system of radio frequency integration. It uses vertical launching system and has an integrated system on board for the operations and telecommunication.

。。。。。 China’s defense policy which is defensive in nature and the active defense military strategy are clear-cut and will not change with the development of advanced weaponry.

View attachment 407416
Type 055 is much better than my expectation, i believed i am not the only one.:china:

Actual its a frigate:toast_sign:

Actual its a frigate:toast_sign:

View attachment 407381 If Japanese call this is a helicopter frigate then type 55 is just covette per their standard.

How hypocritical is that!
Its a typical Stone Age misunderstanding.The “護衛艦” in Japanese doesn't mean frigate but "defence ship".They use it in equivalent to the warship.Just to avoid being criticized as a navy with “軍艦”“戦艦” and emphasize them a "defence force"
They actually maked the ship DDH,helicopter destroyer.

Back
Top Bottom