What's new

Type 055 DDG News & Discussions

2017.06.28 1st launch of China Type055 DDG (10,000+ ton)

军报记者上海6月28日电(记者陈国全、尹航)海军新型驱逐舰首舰下水仪式今天上午在上海江南造船(集团)有限责任公司举行。中央军委委员、军委装备发展部部长张又侠出席下水仪式并致辞。
上午9时许,仪式开始,随着仪式现场全体人员齐声高唱的国歌声,鲜艳的五星红旗冉冉升起。剪彩后进行了“掷瓶礼”,一瓶香槟酒在舰艏摔碎,绚丽的彩带从两舷喷射而出,新型驱逐舰鸣响汽笛,全场响起热烈掌声。随后,驱逐舰在拖曳牵引下缓缓移上浮箱后下水。
该型舰是我国完全自主研制的新型万吨级驱逐舰,先后突破了大型舰艇总体设计、信息集成、总装建造等一系列关键技术,装备有新型防空、反导、反舰、反潜武器,具有较强的信息感知、防空反导和对海打击能力,是海军实现战略转型发展的标志性战舰。该舰下水标志着我国驱逐舰发展迈上了一个新的台阶,对于完善海军装备体系结构、建设强大的现代化海军、实现中国梦强军梦具有重要意义。下一步该舰将按计划开展设备调试、系泊航行试验。
海军、国防科技工业局、上海市、中船工业集团领导沈金龙、苗华、唐登杰、应勇、董强,以及军地有关部门领导和科研单位人员、干部职工、参建官兵代表等参加仪式。
181053h6szdss606z3kds6.jpg
110624w2osw77tw8fdxo77.png
110852ig154ofi3d085fml.png
111840a6ymum6utfalfysy.jpg
111840h3031dk1n6u0mtqu.jpg
131200ryfy1124ygy1yzy1.jpg

110116awfnopszpznh28yy.jpg

110119rsg9hxeo2hg9sbq2.jpg

162937omph5gkmmzb8l603.jpg
162937rhp1sdz6qznd0psz.jpg

The details of 1st China Type055 DDG
U can see front 8x8 VLS cells ... and back VLS cells ?
11.jpg
22.jpg
33.png
44.jpg
55.jpg
66.jpg
77.jpg
88.jpg

Right now, it will be the like the SAM HQ-9B, the ASM like YJ-18, the LACM like DH-10, the torpedo like YU-8.

Later the anti-ballistic missile system like the HQ-26 will be installed into that platform.
only HHQ-9, YJ-18 and Y-8 at the moment, it is still not capable of launching LACM for the time being

Well, this is the lead ship of the Type 055 class, so China will likely rush in its completion just like what they did to the DDG-172. Maybe they will rush to commission the ship prior the 70th anniversary of the PLAN which will be scheduled in April 23rd 2019. However, being fully operational and combat ready may even take longer.

I fully agree with You even by the same arguments but anyway got by typical bashing since he expect commissioning already in April 18 !

I fully agree with You even by the same arguments but anyway got by typical bashing since he expect commissioning already in April 18 !
the platform is quite mature, 80% of the sub-systems are well tested and used on 052D````so it wont take long time to commission, nor immediately````

112 VLS, 13,000 maximum tonnage, state-of-art control and command center, and they need a lot of it

btw```well, I could be wrong with the number of VLS````because this was what I had been "told"``:D

Strictly speaking both of them are anti-IRBM ( intermediate range ballistic missles).

But where is the IRBM threat to China? I suppose India, but the China has land based missiles for that.

Did you ask the same question with the US "Sea-Based Midcourse" ABMD?

Aegis isn't anti-ICBM either. It is anti-TBM/MRBM/IRBM.

The thing is, the US' opponents like Iran, China, Russia, NK etc. all have either TBMs or MRBMs or both. Out of China's opponents only India has IRBMs, and China has land based interceptors for those.

vYsOTA6.jpg
ktHEuH4.jpg
aE9HdJu.jpg

112 VLS ?
TxkYIO8.jpg
WMPSHIa.jpg
PcoUPUW.jpg
jfwsPOe.jpg

So 112 VLS cells then. What a surprise, wikipedia was wrong.

But where is the IRBM threat to China? I suppose India, but the China has land based missiles for that.

Aegis isn't anti-ICBM either. It is anti-TBM/MRBM/IRBM.

The thing is, the US' opponents like Iran, China, Russia, NK etc. all have either TBMs or MRBMs or both. Out of China's opponents only India has IRBMs, and China has land based interceptors for those.

So 112 VLS cells then. What a surprise, wikipedia was wrong.

Dude, Standard-6 could intercept ICBM with its max height of 600km. So Aegis destroyer can do the anti-ICBM job.
Besides, PLA is the biggest fan of US arm force, due to lack of combat experience. So the logic of armament development of PLA, we should get what the US has owned or been developing, meanwhile some asymmetrical measures should be developed in order to fill the gap in some aspects which we are behind of US timely.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom