What's new

Type 055 DDG News & Discussions

我国新型万吨级驱逐舰首舰下水

bfb71f65ly1fh0ql8fe61j216o0pie81.jpg

Damn :smitten:
Again, Congratulations China for This Powerful Heavy Destroyer :china:

我国新型万吨级驱逐舰首舰下水

bfb71f65ly1fh0ra9l5suj21kw0x0qhb.jpg

In this same day, 177 years ago, the First Opium War broke out.

The war ended in the signing of China's first unequal treaty and is the beginning of the century of humiliation of China.
I don't want to brag like our Indy frens, but don't you guys agree this must be one of the nicest looking ships ever? It looks so sleek and clean.

I don't want to brag like our Indy frens, but don't you guys agree this must be one of the nicest looking ships ever? It looks so sleek and clean.

Sure you can brag! You have it you flaunt it. It's not like we buy all the sub systems from multiple foreign countries and shove it into a small tonnage metal box and yet it still took 10++ freaking years to get it launched.
Made in China 100% and don't compare to yindess 100% version:cheesy:

Yep, the 055 looks great.....now it will be interesting to see how long the Chinese take to outfit this vessel, and put it into service. Well done China!

The four square boxes stick out at the flank of both the front and back bridges of type 055 cruiser is the new generation conformal meter wave radar antenna array to replace the 517B meter wave surveillance radar. Very cool!

Last edited:
Thanks, a very reasonable estimation ! But maybe You could explain this to a certain member here who thinks the first vessel will be commissioned already by April 2018 ! :azn:

Well, this is the lead ship of the Type 055 class, so China will likely rush in its completion just like what they did to the DDG-172. Maybe they will rush to commission the ship prior the 70th anniversary of the PLAN which will be scheduled in April 23rd 2019. However, being fully operational and combat ready may even take longer.

Back
Top Bottom