What's new

Type 055 DDG News & Discussions

Wo
Wow....so even India spends more than Russia on military now. Interesting. Seems India spends more than China as percentage of GDP.
China def spends more than the 178 billion expenditure reported .... that is for sure. The only question is how much more and I dont think we will ever get a clear answer.

To be fair though, launching a DF-21D variant out of the 055 is indeed an idea worth exploring and I am certain the PLAN has already done so.
The future development of anti ship missiles.
1.Near space hypersonic ASM
2.Shipborne ASBM.
p1503550915_89543.jpg_b.jpg

9d9d84f1f65e4164a90913b3088f568e.jpeg

At what types of warships these kinds of AShBM will be installed in future? The Type 055 for sure. What else?

Is the Hypersonic ASM something to be installed upon the large surface combatant too?
Wouldn't they need to significantly increase the size of the VLS systems though and the corresponding structure? I don't think these would be feasible modifications on 052Ds or even current 055s.

Wouldn't they need to significantly increase the size of the VLS systems though and the corresponding structure? I don't think these would be feasible modifications on 052Ds or even current 055s.
It's not simple DF21D boarding on a ship.
The last one is an illustration of an airborne ASBM, we can assume the shipborne version is not much of difference.

55_2000_550.jpg

Ha ha ha... Pentagon is playing out its old scare trick, this time exploiting the Chinese scare to squeeze out more funding from government. MORE MORE MORE... more $$$ is better, the world is threatening us... while the US has the largest military expenditure, bigger than the combined amount of the next six largest military expenditures.

View attachment 666516
Saudi Arabia and Germany military expenditures amount impressed me.

It's not simple DF21D boarding on a ship.
The last one is an illustration of an airborne ASBM, we can assume the shipborne version is not much of difference.

View attachment 666791

DF100.png

How about DF100? It's a long-range hypersonic cruise missile with a “near space” flight altitude, capable to hit a moving object more than a thousand kms away. And it's already in service with the PLA Rocket Force. I think it (or some variant) would be a good fit to the VLS on 055/052D considering its size and capability.

Last edited:
Saudi Arabia and Germany military expenditures amount impressed me.
Why? They have huge economies (especially Germany). Saudi Arabia spends a big amount of its GDP mainly to counter Iran and provide intervene/provide supplies to their proxies.

Back
Top Bottom