What's new

Two Turkish 🇹🇷 companies have filed a case against Pakistan 🇵🇰 at World Bank

He delivered to all takeaways and they were the same. Its unfortunate. They don't say we will not pay, they just keep saying next week and making excuses. This same mentality is at international level and this is why we are behind the west. It should not matter who the party is, they must fulfil the contract/pay up. This has nothing to do with brotherhood etc.

Why Pakistan fulfils contracts with Usa and West and is loyal at changing regimes for them but will not fulfil contracts with Iran, Turkey and other friendly nations. Already ex PM Imran Khan met President Erdogan to sort out other contract issues and now another one emerges.

If I buy a pc, laptop or a car i wouldn't buy from a Muslim, the reason is high percentage would lie but non Muslims high percentage will be honest. Its a sad reality. We don't follow Islam but are Muslims in the name only. Yes i met many Turkish people aswell, I was even told by Turkish friends to not trust them regarding food. This again has nothing to do with nationality but the small mentality people have.
Can you explain about the trust of food? Do you mean there is a chance to be not halal?

stupid paksitan and thier stupid BITs

paksitan must revoke all BITs for hell sake
Well, do you remember 1 billion dollar reverse sue against Karkaray ...Turkish compnay...we forgive but they never....

What has brotherhood to do with this if there is a deal with a company you have to hold on to the agreement if not they will go to court to resolve it.

And Turkiye doesn't need your brotherhood no one forced you to be our brothers. But if you're a believer then you're a brother to another believer that has nothing to do with our nationalities.

If you got ripped off by another countries government, would you not take them to court?

If your own brother ripped you off, you'd take him to court.

Where do these strange expectations come from?

Exactly, if my own brother violates an agreement with me which involves money i will try to get back what belongs to me even if by lawsuit.

It's an agreement between your government and a private company. You're acting as if 80 million Turks went to court.

Besides, I would sue my own government if the state doesn't stick to the contract we ve signed.

Don't judge everything from an emotional perspective. It's childish.

I don’t think you guys read my other posts on this forum.
That wasn’t to target Turkey, rather it was targeting many on other threads who said China and Turkey would do anything for us even at a loss etc. My point to them was, a country only cares for its interests and only is allies until interests align. It was in response to those blind fellow Pakistanis who think others (countries) will do anything for us even if it was a loss to them.
My whole point of that was, don’t expect any country to go at a loss and do everything for you just for “brotherhood”.
Also I’m probably one of the biggest supporters of Ummah on this forum. Countries care about their interests and they don’t care about any Ummah and that’s facts.
Muslims all around the world are my brothers, but countries just work for their interests including Pakistan.
I agree that any sane company would go to court is an agreement was broken. Me writing that was to reiterate that because don’t expect companies to go at losses for “brotherhood” . Even Pakistani companies won’t.

That was my point of that. You guys misinterpreted.

Basically was tryna say There’s no brotherhood in business.

Tell me a single deal with Turkey which don't involve corruption & Sharif, Zardari mafia? I don't know one.

How was end?

Police raid on Turkish companies in Pakistan at midnight

Riot police raided the garages of the "Albayrak and Özpak Group" in Lahore, Pakistan, and their employees were thrown into the street.

(21.12.2020)

thumbs_b_c_4643f3c853c26e329101c54cbe8bdf71.jpg

At around 02:30 this morning, riot police raided 6 different facilities used as garages by Albayrak and Özpak Group companies, which provide cleaning services in Lahore, Pakistan.

According to the information given by the company members to the AA correspondent, the police forced the employees and their supervisors out of their places and threw them on the street during the raid.

A brawl broke out due to the harsh attitude of the police. The Pakistani police, who beated some employees, did not allow the Turkish personnel to take any of their belongings.

On the other hand, company officials said that the police deleted the camera records of the companies during the raid, but some images were recovered.

No official statement has yet been made by the Pakistani authorities as to why the security forces still in the garages went into such a practice.

Özpak Top Manager (CEO) Nizamettin Kocameşe and Albayrak Project Coordinator Çağrı Özel said in a statement to AA correspondent, "Lahor Waste Management Company (LWMC) officials raided 4 garages of Özpak and 2 garages of Albayrak together with Lahore police. "In these garages, there is a fleet of over 750 vehicles, including garbage pick-up trucks, trucks and various vehicles. The police are still in our garages and won't let us in." said.

According to the information given by the Turkish authorities, the service contracts of Turkish companies with LWMC will expire on 31 December 2020. Stating that they were asked to hand over the cleaning tools in their possession to the Lahore administration before this date through pressure and threats, the authorities stated that they did not accept the extension contract after 31 December and do not plan to participate in the new tender, due to their inability to collect their receivables and the discomfort they felt from the threats.

Authorities state that the raid was made for this purpose.

In the joint press release of the two companies, which are preparing to file a criminal complaint against LWMC, the incident was described as "an attempt to sabotage the leaders of the two countries' decision to increase trade volume" and "bullying".

Turkish diplomatic sources stated that necessary initiatives were taken before the relevant authorities in order to ensure that the problem is resolved through negotiations between the Pakistani authorities and the companies.

On the other hand, LWMC CEO Imran Ali Sultan argued that the action in question was legal and the seizure of the vehicles was in accordance with the tender specifications.

Sultan claimed that it was obligatory to deliver the vehicle fleet to them as per the tender, and said that otherwise they would apply for the support of the civil administration.

How was started?

March 13, 2012

55eac358f018fbb8f89522ad.jpg

The institutional infrastructure of Lahore Solid Waste Management company was created, taking into account the regional and administrative structure of Pakistan.

The tender opened by LWMC was won by two Turkish companies, Albayrak and Özkartallar Group of Companies, for a total of 310 million dollars for 7 years.

The basis of the contract covers the preparation of Lahore's waste management plans, project design, supervision and training activities to increase the capacity of the personnel. IMM will prepare Integrated Solid Waste Strategic Plans. The solid waste sanitary landfill and wild landfills will be rehabilitated. In Lahore, the number of garbage trucks in the first region undertaken by Albayrak Group was determined as 175, while 20 of these vehicles reached Lahore. Of the 221 vehicles that will be delivered to the second region given to Özkartallar Group, 40 of them have gone so far. As per the agreement, it was stipulated that companies hire 4,000 of the 8,000 cleaning personnel in Lahore. Turkish companies were given the right to remove up to 50 percent of 8,000 workers and replace them with new ones. This paved the way for privatization in cleaning business in Pakistan.

It is very sad that this business law issue has grown to the extent of police intervention and eventually moved to international courts. Unfortunately There are countless examples of this in Turkiye too, large or small doesnt matter. I dont know very well what contain is this case but, in my opinion many internationalized companies lose their Ahi culture which is something more valuable.

But the main thing that caught my attention is different: It is a very strange mood to identify the legal struggle(right or wrong, i dont know) of a company with operations in many countries as a nation or country. When Pakistani riot police beat Turkish personnels and kick them into the streets, did you see a Turkish member here who held all Pakistani state/people responsible?

Unfortunately, we saw similar examples before moslty from same members. Last month for example, in the social media campaign carried out mostly with bot accounts and agencies, many Pakistani members here reflected the wholesale point of view with insults, curses and humiliations that meant the entire Turkish people. It is very artificial, for someone who insults the founding values and leaders of my country, issues a fatwa and declares them irreligious, but playing another role in this thread.

Last edited:
It's an agreement between your government and a private company. You're acting as if 80 million Turks went to court.

Besides, I would sue my own government if the state doesn't stick to the contract we ve signed.

Don't judge everything from an emotional perspective. It's childish.
Amn PTI supporters are childish and naive. Literally the government violated the agreements same as they did with IMF and are now bad mouthing turks for their own transgressions...

The question is, How will Pakistan pay this money ? May be complete ban on drinking tea is in order.

Good move by the Turkish companies.

Seems like Turks don't take crap from anyone.

230 million dollars is a lot of money. I would sue Pakistan if I was owed this much money.

The question is, How will Pakistan pay this money ? May be complete ban on drinking tea is in order.

I would also send Bajwa to India. That could also provide much needed relief.

Started after current PM finished his visit. What would be his commission in this ? 20% ?

On the other hand, LWMC CEO Imran Ali Sultan argued that the action in question was legal and the seizure of the vehicles was in accordance with the tender specifications.

Sultan claimed that it was obligatory to deliver the vehicle fleet to them as per the tender, and said that otherwise they would apply for the support of the civil administration

May be LWMC is right and Turkish company did violated terms of agreement by refusing to handover equipment. They should have used court order before raid and seizure.

On a side note:
Hang Shabaz sharif upside down for using National govt as grantor of local city level trash picking agreement.

Amn PTI supporters are childish and naive. Literally the government violated the agreements same as they did with IMF and are now bad mouthing turks for their own transgressions...
… and how do you know govt violated the agreement and not the other party. Unless govt of Pakistan is a grantors or something in this agreement, I don’t think this case will go anywhere.

Im glad the dirty laundry of doing business in Pakistan is coming out.

Maybe it will be for the best if Pakistan is truly isolated and the suffering financially, emotionally and physically gets to tip something in the slumbering “kuttay” as Faiz Ahmed Faiz described them.

We have childish mentality. One of my relative had a big grocery business and he worked hard to make deliveries to all Asian takeaways, they kept saying we will pay you next time/next week etc. At the end all takeaways owed him 300k+. He warned them but they wouldn't give the money, he tried to take some to the courts and they all cried foul and made propaganda that muslim brother is taking us to court, he then backed out and had to sell the business because he was kept on being ripped off. When it comes to the English companies the takeaway people will pay straight away. This is the type of mentality, not everyone is the same ofcourse but when a high percentage has this type of mentality then your in trouble.

i know bro pakistani always do this take the pi ss but if english company is owed it is paid riht away.

Contractual Obligations are contractual obligations
Both Parties must respect it and that is why there is a process to resolve issues

Hopefully the cases are resolved in a ideal workable manner

As I don't know details I can't comment further

Back
Top Bottom