What's new

Two to six crore Bangladeshi migrants living in India, says ex-army officer

Rahul9090

Reaction score
Country
India
There are 2-6 crore Bangladeshi migrants living in India - the largest illegal migration from one country to another, a former senior officer of India's border guards said Tuesday.

"Nobody can verify the trend of Bangladeshi migrants in India but our estimation is no less than 2 to 6 crore of them in India," former Border Security Force (BSF) additional director general PK Mishra said at the launch of his book "Bangladeshi Migrants - A threat to India."

"Many of them have settled between Purnia and Islampur (Bihar), which are very close to the Nepal border. In Pari Pura in Srinagar, there is a Bangladeshi migrant village," he said.

Mishra claimed that 25% of the items disbursed under the Public Distribution Scheme goes to the Bangladeshi migrants. "What we can give to our children are snatched by them," he charged.

"There has been 20 years of land acquisition in (Assam's) Guwahati and Kokrajhar. Government land has been sold to migrants by the state's revenue department," said Mishra, alleging that the Congress government in the northeastern state has closed its eyes to all this due to vote bank politics.

"The Bangladeshi chunk in India is the largest illegal migration from any one country to another," said former BSF chief Prakash Singh.

Two to six crore Bangladeshi migrants living in India, says ex-army officer | Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis

Bangladeshi migrants is a nuisance India had to live with for some years now. I have seen its outcome in Asom and WB and there is nothing done in this matter.

How do we realistically send such big numbers back?

How do we realistically send such big numbers back?
Simple,first you have to realistically make a list,capture them,verify them as Bangladeshi and make Hasina to take them.
Question is - if you are not sure about the realistic ( is it two cors? Three cors? Four? Five? Six cors?:hitwall:) numbers yourself, what to do then?:cheesy:

Not all of them are post 71. Even then many are religious refugees. The ones India has a problem with is somewhere between 10 to 25 million. They will be sent back - one way or another. The age of ethical geopolitics is over.

Simple,first you have to realistically make a list,capture them,verify them as Bangladeshi and make Hasina to take them.
Question is - if you are not sure about the realistic ( is it two cors? Three cors? Four? Five? Six cors?:hitwall:) numbers yourself, what to do then?:cheesy:

Isn't as simple as that - that's the issue - most illegals will produce some fake ID to claim citizenship. it's going to be a tedious process, probably near impossible. The best we can to do is to curtail further infiltration and send back the recent illegal immigrants who haven't spread out.

We can't. It is near impossible to determine who entered the country when.

I agree, the best we can do is to send back the one's who are in Assam and surrounding states, they are clearly distinguishable from the local population in the NE aren't they? I have some Nagaland friends who say that many illegal Bangladeshi's have reached Nagaland.

Well they should simply say whole of BD lives in India. End of story.

I agree, the best we can do is to send back the one's who are in Assam and surrounding states, they are clearly distinguishable from the local population in the NE aren't they? I have some Nagaland friends who say that many illegal Bangladeshi's have reached Nagaland.

Other NE states may be possible but half of Assam is a lost cause already. Also not all of those Bengali speaking Muslims are illegals. Some came before 1971. India agreed not to send them back. It is very complicated. The best one can hope for now is no new migration.

Other NE states may be possible but half of Assam is a lost cause already. Also not all of those Bengali speaking Muslims are illegals. Some came before 1971. India agreed not to send them back. It is very complicated. The best one can hope for now is no new migration.

BJP's rumored to get majority seats this election in Assam, let's wait and see what happens. I too agree it's quite difficult especially when the other parties help in getting them ID's and utilize them as vote banks.

The tribals wont be pleased if something is not done though. The naga guys sounded very frustrated with the infiltration too.

The best thing is naturalise the current ones in Assam, and strictly not any new illegals from now on. Should make their next gen better Indian citizens. Though I hate to tell it, there is no other go.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom