What's new

Two Pak banks to open India branches

Pakistani investors are now allowed to invest in India, but same is not true for the indian investors...

I think India should adopt a more liberal policy towards trade with Pakistan...

where there is flow of money there is liberalization...

if india allows pakistani investment . it stands to reason that pakistan should allow indian investment . by the way you got any source which says they dont?

Finally the Muslims in India get some relief.

sure... sure... mate they were just waiting for you to come rescue them :rolleyes:

Nice to see trust is increasing with time. Good future for trade and nice relation.

What trust are you talking about dude? Can't you read people are wondering who would run an account there?

Everything is merely ceremonial if there's no trust, antagonism to me is much better than hypocrisy.

Muslims of India will actually be approved loans. To bad they will probably be picked up by the police even If they do decide to open an account.

What trust are you talking about dude? Can't you read people are wondering who would run an account there?

Everything is merely ceremonial if there's no trust, antagonism to me is much better than hypocrisy.

I can consider to open an account if the rate of interest is high ,
any thing for $$$.
:)

by the way, you have no idea whats coming to you hehehehe
these are ISI managed branches

Grant others the same level of intellect you give to yourself.

Do you actually feel that every transaction will not be monitored ?

I'll be honest here, posts like these and the above (and many other) show the real side of India I believe. This is a chance to normalize over decades long old history filled with conflicts and the best you guys can do is to just bash it?

Indians want justice for their compatriots first buddy, not trade.

Given Pakistani state's protective attitudes for terrorists like Hafiz Sayed and their ilk, why wouldn't an Indian think like that ? What is the guarentee these banks will not be used as a front for money laundering ops or for financing terrorists by the powers-that-be in Pakistan ? These are legitimate question arising among Indians.

I'll be honest here, posts like these and the above (and many other) show the real side of India I believe. This is a chance to normalize over decades long old history filled with conflicts and the best you guys can do is to just bash it?

Boosting economic trade will eliminate the threat to get into a nuclear exchange and will result in human prosperity in the region. I think as humans, we should cherish that. That may be one of the first steps towards tearing a Berlin wall type of a situation, resulting in ending long standing conflicts.

I don't know what prompts arguments that economic ties will bring about peace.

US- China have massive trade ties, with value of goods and services exchanged exceeding the GDP of most nations. And judging from the hints dropped by the American leadership, their defense policy has evolved into a china centric scheme.

India's trade with the China too is growing at a searing pace. But that hasn't kept indian armed forces from augmenting capabilities, hoping to match China. Meanwhile, various leaders and strategists have termed China as the biggest threat. Indian army has also adopted dual front war doctrine, clearly with china in focus. What peace?!?!?

There's no amount of economic ties that can help resolve the india-pak situation. For no apparent logical reason, people are ready to be killed if it means destruction of the other. Obviously, money is not nearly as important.

Let's be realistic. We are all building muscles, to either keep the guy with bigger muscles from knocking us out, or to deliver the KO ourselves.

As for the pakistani banks - indian regulations wont allow foreign players to hold more than 74% of the bank. I'm not sure how many indian companies will jump at the opportunity to partner with pakistani banks.

Indians want justice for their compatriots first buddy, not trade.

Given Pakistani state's protective attitudes for terrorists like Hafiz Sayed and their ilk, why wouldn't an Indian think like that ? What is the guarentee these banks will not be used as a front for money laundering ops or for financing terrorists by the powers-that-be in Pakistan ? These are legitimate question arising among Indians.

There's no any guarantee, Government of India shouldn't have allowed investment in India by Pak firms in first place . Indian government must address the legitimate questions you have raised in your post, it must not sacrifice right of Indians to demand justice for their compatriots for the transit trade through Pakistan.

Trade between two countries would help Pakistan less and India more. At this point in time a couple of Pak banks in India won't help boost Pak economy but would rather make the path for India more sleek to achieve bigger.

It is just the start, things can be reverted easily if Indians launch a strong protest, so do it before its late. I am ready to help you guys by presenting your version in Parliament of Pakistan by writing a letter.

I dont know why these guys even bother. The banking sector is really mature in India. There are way too many experienced banking institutions in India.

Like another user pointed out--who in their sane minds wouldn even consider opening accounts there ? No one wants the government chewing their derrierre.

Pushing banking institutions of Pakistan into India IMHO is a very stupid move. Not to mention--witch hunts by communal forces.

Back
Top Bottom