Twin militant attacks in IOK, six armymen, 4 cops among 12 killed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Areesh

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Kathua, J&K: In a major fidayeen attack, militants dressed in army fatigues have killed at least 12 people in a police station and an Army cantonment in Jammu and Kashmir this morning. Over a dozen people are injured and more casualties are feared.

The militants first attacked a police station in Hiranagar of Kathua district in Jammu, killing four cops and two civilians. They escaped in a truck that they hijacked after killing the driver and surfaced in an Army cantonment in the adjoining Samba district, where they have reportedly killed at least six Army personnel.

There was reportedly confusion and chaos at the cantonment, which houses an armoured corp unit, as the militants are dressed in Army uniform. They were not stopped at the gate and walked into a mess, where they attacked and killed unarmed soldiers.

The heavily armed militants have now been reportedly identified and surrounded. A gun-battle is on.

The audacious attack comes only a day after Prime Minister Manmohan Singh confirmed that he will meet Pakistan's Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif in the US on the sidelines of a United Nations session. The two leaders are expected to meet on Sunday. (Read story)

Kashmir watchers say militants tend to step up attacks just before a round of talks between India and Pakistan.

The fidayeen or suicide commandos attacked the Hiranagar police station at about 7 this morning. Shooting at policeman caught unaware, they managed to go up to the roof of the building, from where they lobbed grenades.

Hiranagar in Kathua is about a kilometre from the border with Pakistan and the militants are believed to have infiltrated into India recently.

Intelligence sources said all units in the region had been alerted that a fidayeen group had entered Jammu. This is the first fidayeen attack in the Jammu region of the state in over a decade.

Twin militant attacks in J&K, six armymen, 4 cops among 12 killed | NDTV.com

RIP Fallen soldiers & cops

Difference between Indians and Pakistanis is clearly seen on this forum..while Indians says RIP to dead Pakistani soldiers, Pakistanis rejoice the death of Indians..... No wonder you have extremists who are blowing up everywhere ..

Revenge = Taken.

Come again, p*ssy a$$ indians.

:rofl:

Yes Sir Revenge Taken today Captian Sarfraz is coming up in my mind again and again May that lion rest in peace and under the blessing of HAZRAT MUHAMMAD SAW and also the other 3 soldiers who lost lives because of Indian firing

I see our Pakistani friends are jumping for joy. I think the Indians should do the same when Pakistani Generals and Colonels get massacred by the TTP on a regular basis. In fact, it's become so common out there that it has ceased to be news any more. However, when a couple of Indian soldiers get killed, it's headline news and PDF explodes with a gazillion threads with our Pakistani friends falling over each other to exhibit their joy. :P

Time for celebration in the ISI camp and PDF, what?

I see our Pakistani friends are jumping for joy. I think the Indians should do the same when Pakistani Generals and Colonels get killed by the TTP too. :P

well our time will come soon bro. And we'll have much more chance to laugh and mark my words on that.

I see our Pakistani friends are jumping for joy. I think the Indians should do the same when Pakistani Generals and Colonels get killed by the TTP too. :P

NO need....just because a pig fights in the dirt does not mean we fight in the dirt as well ... besides...we are fighting not going around waving the white flag asking for peace :lol:

4 cops, 3 army Jawans including an officer and 4-5 civilians killed. 2 terrorists killed too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom