What's new

TV show reccomendation - WW2 in Colour - Road to Victory | Netflix

313ghazi

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I'm currently watching this show and it's blown my mind. I always found WW2 to be boring, i was taught it by idiots. There is so much I've learnt from the show, I reccomend anyone with access to watch it.

Things i've learnt so far;

- Vichy France was a thing and the French worked with the Nazi's (i always thought the french had been occupied and assumed the Germans ruled them)
- France was liberated in part by an army made of over half a million Africans (the free France Army).
- The British navy attacked and sunk French warships
- The French attacked Americans who landed at North Africa
- The battle of North Africa (fought largely by the British Indian army) was key for the survival of Britain in the face of Nazi Germany
- 2.5 million Indians fought in the British Indian army, a million of them were Muslims
- Nearly 30,000 men were killed in 36 days of fighting to take the Island of Iwo Jima, an area that is only 8 miles squared. (no wonder the Americans won't leave)
- The war between the Soviets and Germans was pretty much "take no prisoners"

Yeah - i have seen it. Very good - the colour makes it more real and less surreal to me.

Agree on your points - I still dont understand why the French are "still" upset at the RN sinking their ships as they would have falled into German hands and the UK would have had to face them in battle.

I'm currently watching this show and it's blown my mind. I always found WW2 to be boring, i was taught it by idiots. There is so much I've learnt from the show, I reccomend anyone with access to watch it.

- Vichy France was a thing and the French worked with the Nazi's (i always thought the french had been occupied and assumed the Germans ruled them)
- France was liberated in part by an army made of over half a million Africans (the free France Army).
- The battle of North Africa (fought largely by the British Indian army) was key for the survival of Britain in the face of Nazi Germany
- 2.5 million Indians fought in the British Indian army, a million of them were Muslims
- Nearly 30,000 men were killed in 36 days of fighting to take the Island of Iwo Jima, an area that is only 8 miles squared. (no wonder the Americans won't leave)
Where can I watch it?

tbh I thought most of that was already known, but there's always new information with new research.
The part where the brown sahibs gave their lives, their blood for this country, is the part we need to spread more often.

We have paid with our blood in protection of this country that we now call home, it is a shame almost no one knows, it just doesn't come to mind even during discussions because it is not mentioned often enough. The only association is brown equals terrorism, especially if Muslim. But, the people in this country of ours, the UK, need to learn that we paid with our blood.

Back
Top Bottom