What's new

TURNING POINT IN THE HISTORY OF INDIAN SUBCONTINENT

I wonder why Russia had a way too sympathy towards India. May be they thought they can convert you to Russian Orthodox.

Ah, the Russian Communists during the Soviet regime wanted to convert somebody to Russian Orthodox?

Marvellous. He does determine the boundaries of incredulity quite a bit.

I wonder why Russia had a way too sympathy towards India. May be they thought they can convert you to Russian Orthodox.

ur brahmins will never accept it. maybe u r 1 of them

truth is south indians n dalits r the genuine indians

We'll send some along directly to talk to you about poles and fences and things.

Ah, the Russian Communists during the Soviet regime wanted to convert somebody to Russian Orthodox?

Marvellous. He does determine the boundaries of incredulity quite a bit.

Have you read what he posted about Zoroastrians?

What stretches the boundaries of incredulity is that he is still around.

I being a Brahmin couldn't stop myself from posting ontopic, it seems that lots of people hate 'me' as in the Brahmin me.

Hey Joe what is your take on this Evil Brahmin exploitation, Bang Galore has given a wonderful post couldn't u put your eloquence in to a post. Let me tell you before hand, i am not that 'emotionally' concerned for the hatred or whatever part but think that the share of responsibility we get in fking up the Indian society is rather large.

Waiting Eagerly, sincerely

Evil Brahmin.

When one talks about the decline of a civilization, it is a complex thing. Why did the Romans or Egyptians decline. In India political power was generally not in the hands of Brahmins, though they probably did misuse their position of respect to inhibit social social mobility and foster superstitions. At the same time the age was not devoid of scientific work in Astronomy and Mathematics.

To maine yeh kya Greek ya Latin mein likha tha?

Ek thank you nahin - sirf Islamophobe ki upaadhi :(

" Look bro, if we are to have a serious discussion, we can probably be a little more introspective.

Foreign rule over a population and a geography as vast as India happens because of lack of a united front.

It happens insidiously, stepwise.

It sets in motion a cascade effect.

And when every guy guards his own turf, he does not stand a chance when his time comes.

BUT, and this is a big but, foreign invasions are never permanent.

Empires come and go.

The land absorbs.

The turning point truly comes when you have a foreign FAITH take root on your soil.

Amongst a vast swathe of your natives.

THAT is the true turning point.

And that can ONLY come when the resident faith is at its nadir.

WEAK.

CORRUPT.

DECADENT.

SOFT.

That is the turning point.

It flowed from the lack of Unity - which was the foot in the door.

And once in, it grew from the weakness of the internal faith. "

i am very fair BDsi i can asure u that i am not a dalit convert. i have persian ancestry as well

but that doesnt mean i hate dalits or believe in caste system

All B'deshis are dalit converts, as the others have left and are presently sitting and posting things at the dalits they left behind. And fair BDsi is an oxymoron. Take you and your partner in crime. You can be the oxy.

Ok, I stop. But it was just to teach them their fanatic about Aryans! They were never a part of it. History proves it. North East India doesn't represent whole India. Never had. Never will. I'm leaving now. They will probably fire missiles now.

Why not use Bangladeshi if you can't handle English?

All B'deshis are dalit converts, as the others have left and are presently sitting and posting things at the dalits they left behind. And fair BDsi is an oxymoron. Take you and your partner in crime. You can be the oxy.

tai naki dada valo bolecho

dada @ tomader high caste ki r low caste ki tomra goru pujarir dol

ar cheye hasso kor ki hote pare :)

When one talks about the decline of a civilization, it is a complex thing. Why did the Romans or Egyptians decline. In India political power was generally not in the hands of Brahmins, though they probably did misuse their position of respect to inhibit social social mobility and foster superstitions. At the same time the age was not devoid of scientific work in Astronomy and Mathematics.

Is this misuse a conclusion based on some evidence ?? I mean at work place there is always politics played and one tries to outrun the other group or individual surely. In those days it was the king's palace. Regarding denial of education to others yes it is criminal but how far were others really interested in getting education of sorts (i mean whatever was taught in those days and what with the gurukula system etc) and the attitudes of people must have played hand along with the Brahminical iron grip on education?? So many questions but what about the answers which could be surmises mostly!!!

:lol: Not even close, JS will have a heart attack if he hears this..... however reading is not an ability limited to Historians, analysing evidence may be, therefore you rarely see me offering up any other "definitive" theory. I prefer to stay within my signature.......

No, I wouldn't. You have the best grasp of the problem of the many trying to get their minds around it, and the most perverse interpretation. This interpretation of Witzel, for instance.

This is why I always enter a caveat aimed at you whenever speaking about the issue along any dimension.

20 pages man.

Lets get on with it.

Which is the turning point?

Aryans or Muslims?

P.S. Ok, the Islamophobe wil be politically correct.

Aryans or Perso-Mongo-Turks?

Vacuous personal remarks ignored. We're talking evolved kingdoms with centuries or perhaps millenia of history, mentioned in the Mahabharata and Ramayana, which were part of a larger civilization with a strong sense of self-identity, very distinct from marauding Mlechhas.

Nonsense. These were patch-sized principalities, or city-states, not kingdoms of any size or shape. The big ones were Ambhi in Takshashila, Puru in the Punjab, and they were the biggest, the others tiny next to them. What kingdoms, and what larger civilisation was it that were involved, with Persians resident in Takshashila as representatives of the governing imperial racee?

Joe aap to aaj bahut labels yahan wahan fenk rahe ho bade bhai ......

Have you gone mulla on us along with Developer?

I liked the old Joe better .....

Let's put it this way.

I am a victim of cretinism. Please do not add to the misery.

Is this misuse a conclusion based on some evidence ?? I mean at work place there is always politics played and one tries to outrun the other group or individual surely. In those days it was the king's palace. Regarding denial of education to others yes it is criminal but how far were others really interested in getting education of sorts (i mean whatever was taught in those days and what with the gurukula system etc) and the attitudes of people must have played hand along with the Brahminical iron grip on education?? So many questions but what about the answers which could be surmises mostly!!!

Actually the situation as regards education was not so bad as it is often made out to be. There is seminal work by Dharampal, titled "The Beautiful Tree: Indigenous Indian Education in the Eighteenth Century", published I believe in the mid-1980's. Although this is about the pre-colonial period I believe the situation of the pathshalas in the pre-Islamic period must have been at least as good, if not significantly better. Here is a link to the book - http://www.arvindguptatoys.com/arvindgupta/beautifultree.pdf

Also see Indigenous traditions and the colonial encounter: A historical perspective on mathematics education in India by D. Senthil Babu, Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education, Mumbai - http://nime.hbcse.tifr.res.in/articles/03_Senthil_Babu.pdf

Nonsense. These were patch-sized principalities, or city-states, not kingdoms of any size or shape. The big ones were Ambhi in Takshashila, Puru in the Punjab, and they were the biggest, the others tiny next to them. What kingdoms, and what larger civilisation was it that were involved, with Persians resident in Takshashila as representatives of the governing imperial racee?

Let's put it this way.

I am a victim of cretinism. Please do not add to the misery.

Joe u haven't replied to my post.

20 pages man.

Lets get on with it.

Which is the turning point?

Aryans or Muslims?

P.S. Ok, the Islamophobe wil be politically correct.

Aryans or Perso-Mongo-Turks?

If u look at it clearly the turning point is India becoming a single political Entity for me. The Republic of India.

Aryans or No Aryans, Muslims or no Muslims this country was always divided may be 354 princely states or some three to four provinces whatever. To become a single country and not just survive but to succeed is the single most turning point in the history of India a cultural country for long but a Republic recently.

Back
Top Bottom