What's new

TURNING POINT IN THE HISTORY OF INDIAN SUBCONTINENT

Complete nonsense. You are going by the account of a court poet mourning his dead master with the most exaggerated, bombastic account of a victory followed by a defeat.

Winner win, losers offer excuses! It never ceases to amaze how many people are so desperate to believe in any & all excuses. More than ever, this I believe is definitive proof that we are the same people....:)

Care to cite evidence of where Persians were persecuted?
The Persians were actually highly prized by Muslims for their advanced technology and civilization.

And oh no, you are really hurting my feeling with all those bad bad words. Maybe I should share my feeling with everyone and pretend that feelings= facts. :rofl:

Deluded Arab wannabe much?

Sigh ... DNA studies show that the Sanskritic peoples are as Adivasi as anybody else.

This is true mate Adikavi Valmiki is a an Adivasi. This Aryan Invasion theory is a theory invented by British to create divisions.

so what in your mind can determine history?
The vedas?
hate to break it to you but they are language too

I know that Indian minds work on "feeling=facts" but in the real world that is not how things work. We need evidence to belive what we believe and in the case of Aryans, we have tremendous amount of evidence in the form of linguistics.

And you want to discredit one of the leading scholars who pioneered an entire field by calling him a stooge?

You clearly have no idea what you are taking about, and frankly I find your anti intellectualism disturbing.
No one got anywhere by killing the messenger and burring their head in the sand.

I am getting a feeling that this guy is accepting the guilt feeling of Pakistanis related to their Identity.
You can continue with your confessions.

Care to cite evidence of where Persians were persecuted?
The Persians were actually highly prized by Muslims for their advanced technology and civilization.

And oh no, you are really hurting my feeling with all those bad bad words. Maybe I should share my feeling with everyone and pretend that feelings= facts. :rofl:

Many Iranians have explained number of times how Arabs destroyed their civilization including many Universities. You should regularly visit threads on pdf where Arabs and Iranians argue with each other.

why would the arrival of chariots or horses be indicative of an invasion...why cant they be ancient day technology transfers between two civilizations ? did russia invade us and give us our brahmos ? and no there has been no conclusive archaelogical evidence of ait and the chronology of the rig veda is badly skewed for conclusive linguistic proof....

the aryan invasion theory has been debunked already....stop bringing in strawmans and diverting the topic....

The inconsistencies arise when you descend from your elevated point of view of 35,000 feet and look at the evidence littered around you. Each of the points you mention are themselves unsupported hypothesis; against the linguistic backing of the AIT, the OOI has nothing but identical material, linguistic inconsistencies, to oppose. Try not to make the mistake of thinking that there is some grand truth known to revisionists and unleashed by them on a cowering group of western scholars who truly don't understand the glories of Indian civilisation. All of the civilised world's academe are truly fed up with the amateurs and untrained idiots who have made it their life missions to build their alternative theories by constant repetition.

Give it a break.

Many Iranians have explained number of times how Arabs destroyed their civilization including Universities. You should visit regularly visit threads on pdf where Arabs and Iranians argue with each other.

He will find it difficult.

Persians have a distinct liking for Arabs.

More so for Arab wannabes.

What is logical about the TNT?

And you want to compound it by "taking it to its logical extension"?

In 1947, there was a scramble for power.

Both Hindus and Muslims.

The easiest route was taken. The route of least resistance.

Partition.

Are you certain ALL Muslims wanted to separate?

Was there a vote?

Be serious.

P.S. Joe, you should come in and play once you throw down the gauntlet.

Huh?

What did I fail to do?

Chariots are machines of war, you don't simply build them and give them to your friend. You build them for WAR

And the Aryan invasion is only been debunked by Indian quacks who are threatened by real history. How can you guys play the victim card over and over again if your own culture/religion is a product of an invasion.
The Aryans did such a good job at not only invading the land but also the heart, that their colonial subjects will violently argue against them being the invaders even thousands of years later.

I really hate agreeing with disagreeable people, but unfortunately must.

Civilization and scientific advancements always flourish in river banks not in Nomadic lands.

Like Athens? Good point. Brilliant deduction.

What will you call it if some barbarian attacking defenceless monks and common people.

Barbarians massacring a civilised community, which they didn't understand. Not terrorism. Try not to be sloppy with your definitions, merely in order to make a point.

This is true mate Adikavi Valmiki is a an Adivasi. This Aryan Invasion theory is a theory invented by British to create divisions.

lolz invaders been invading india before islam even existed. india machi bazar hua karta tha us jamane me. sare invaders punjab se hokar andar ghuste the :D

He will find it difficult.

Persians have a distinct liking for Arabs.

More so for Arab wannabes.

I visited those threads, Iranians generally dislike Pakistanis for their over-inclination towards Arabs. (there was many more but I won't mention it ;) )

I visited those threads, Iranians generally dislike Pakistanis for their over-inclination towards Arabs.

That is SO really not why Iranians in general look down on Pakistanis.

But let it be. This is really not the place.

This question is too open ended. And it needs to be asked in a context. A turning point for who. For Indian as a political entity, For India as an economic entity, For Hindus, For Buddhists, For Muslims or who else.

I feel most people are answering the questions with different contexts in mind.

For me the most relevent turning point was the one that lead to the economic collapse of India. Led to total destruction of its industries. From a trade share of 18-20% globally to less than 1%. And turned us nothing more than consumers of British goods. Never in her entire history was India so poor as she is in the last 200 years. And it looks like its going to take another 100 years to recover from it.

The turning point for this poor state of India leading to its economic collapse was the Battle of Palassey (All thanks to the Mir Jafar).

Back
Top Bottom